Carrier limitations in USA

Search This thread

theysayimkennyful

Feb 5, 2013
Hi I have been really considering getting the RAZR Maxx HD but I see only Verizon has it on lock, wondering if anyone has tried rooting it to make it usable on other carriers?

mat3usz

Dec 21, 2010
Earth
^^ WOOOHOOO! Can confirm this works! Currently using it with T-Mobile and in the refarmed area and getting 3G/H+

mat3usz

Dec 21, 2010
Earth
Droid Razr HD Maxx w/ T-Mobile 3G/H+

Sorry wanted to post pics but forgot last time lol. Use NV Editor and had no problems. Picked up the APN automatically

Last edited:

throwdownroyalty

Feb 20, 2013
ive been looking fpr this all day help please

hey man i have the same phone as the pictures u posted, and i really need help getting it to work on the t mobile network and getting atleast decent speeds, do you think you can help me out?

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I will post a HowTo for doing the required NV edit for this mod using RadioComm later tonight after work.
This method avoids the need for force loading the QV Diagnostic Port drivers by using Factory boot mode which allows RadioComm full NV read/write access.

Reactions: mat3usz

rockstarr001

Dec 8, 2012
How is this possible? I thought cdma phones were incompatible with gsm networks and vice versa?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

mat3usz

Dec 21, 2010
Earth
How is this possible? I thought cdma phones were incompatible with gsm networks and vice versa?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

The RAZR HD [Verizon variant] is considered a 'global phone' and can work around the world as it does have not only CDMA/LTE radios, (check it out on gsm arena as can't recall at the moment) but also GSM/3G/H+ as well. Thing is Verizon is stingy and have blocked it so it will not work in the USA without any issues, but all you have to do it change a fw settings in the radio. Funny they are as they just don't LEARN, the first time, nor the second or any other following time by just letting the phone be unlocked as sooner or later, we will get it unlocked or rooted. *sigh, Verizon*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will post a HowTo for doing the required NV edit for this mod using RadioComm later tonight after work.
    This method avoids the need for force loading the QV Diagnostic Port drivers by using Factory boot mode which allows RadioComm full NV read/write access.