How to uninstall hangouts and rollback to talk

Search This thread

st0n36

Oct 7, 2010
I really dont like the new hangouts, how to uninstall it and rollback to old google talk? Thanks

mwilliams05

Jun 22, 2011
Go to settings - > app and uninstall hangout. It will bring talk back. It worked for me.. in my Note 2.

Thanks,
Anto

Thanks, this worked for me. I tried using Hangouts for a few days but found it lacking in some areas (mainly I wasn't able to easily locate who was online/offline/away). Talk just seems a lot more user friendly as it's much simpler.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

dejan_mik

Feb 8, 2011
I would like Hangouts to disapeer from my installed aps on Play store. How can I do it?
Master plan is Talk to have and no leave no room for possible updates.

Last edited:

KTM690

Apr 10, 2010
Wollongong
My 4.2.2 rom came with hangouts already installed so uninstalling updates wont put Talk back on.
Anyone know how i can get Talk on my device?

mwilliams05

Jun 22, 2011
I noticed there was an update to the Hangouts app on September 30. I'm still using talk because when I tried hangouts when it first came out it was very difficult to use. Has anyone downloaded the updated hangouts app? According to some comments I read, you now have the ability to see who is online. Has the new update improved the functionality?

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
I noticed there was an update to the Hangouts app on September 30. I'm still using talk because when I tried hangouts when it first came out it was very difficult to use. Has anyone downloaded the updated hangouts app? According to some comments I read, you now have the ability to see who is online. Has the new update improved the functionality?

I still can't tell who's online, but for the moment I'm rolling with it because I'm tired of reverting to Talk with every nightly I flash.

raptir

May 4, 2010
I still can't tell who's online, but for the moment I'm rolling with it because I'm tired of reverting to Talk with every nightly I flash.

The latest version (released 9/30) makes it very easy to see who is online.

is it still slow by the way?

It's much quicker now. When you first boot (or if you kill the app) it still takes a second to open Hangouts, but returning to the app doesn't reload it every time like it did on the last version. It also seems much faster when moving between hangouts/opening a new hangout.

Top Liked Posts