N00b question, easy!

Search This thread

rawkinrich

May 30, 2014
Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard
so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op :) if you need help pm me ;)

rawkinrich

May 30, 2014
so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op :) if you need help pm me ;)

If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes :) I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes :) I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

well, i can tell you that there is plenty of rom, some more similar to stock and some more tweaked... for example i love ViperX, as it's full of useful tweaks :good:
to flash: unlock bootloader, flash a custom recovery via fastboot, perform nandroid backup, flash boot.img form rom zip via fastboot and flash the rom zip through recovery, enjoy :) (more detailed infos can be found in every rom thread's op)
check in the rom thread everything you need, for example if the hboot version/cid is compatible and search/ask there if you need infos :) have a nice flash ;)

Last edited: