Autostartup of applications

Search This thread

VOODOOS!L

Nov 22, 2005
This might be a general ICS question:
Is it useful to use applications like StartupManager in combination with ICS?
I disabled a number of apps I want to control manually... But I don't know if that could have the opposite effect by making Startup Manager having to kill the app every time if it keeps on restarting... Or is it really killed once?

_________

Archos 80S G9 16GB TI4430, rooted ICS@BLUE v1

Kanalcommander

Dec 6, 2009
I think it depends on the App you try to keep from starting.
Apps can be started via various triggers. Some start only after boot, others start at certain times and others when you get an email. Layar for example starts every time when an App is installed.
Depending on the trigger which starts the App it's more or less usefull to kill it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk 2

VOODOOS!L

Nov 22, 2005
I uninstalled the StartupManager application, I noticed a significant speed increase (personal feeling)
So I must conclude the startup blocking applications are not advisable on ICS...

_________

Archos 80S G9 16GB TI4430, rooted ICS@BLUE v1

Kanalcommander

Dec 6, 2009
I wouldn't subscribe this in general. Every App is different to others. If an App only starts on boot automatically killing it does no harm (unless you want to use it...). But if it starts every second automatically killing it at start would make a big mess.
At least there are different possibilities to prevent autostart. Some Apps just kill the Apps. That's more a taskkiller. Others can figure out the reason why the App starts an block it when it wants to start. This is much more efficient.

Gesendet von meinem ARCHOS 101G9 mit Tapatalk 2