[APP] SU Checker [1.5]

Search This thread
A

android_owl

Hey guys,

EDIT: Update! SU Checker 1.5 has been released!

I want to share my latest application with you: SU Checker

This application checks the availability for the su binary (root). It doesn't root the phone!

Description
Having problems with su? Do you even know if it is installed on your current rom? Here is the solution for that "problem". This simple application checks the availability for the su binary. The perfect application for customrom developers!

Link to Android Market
create-qr-code

Direct Android Market link
Play Store link

Last edited:

Bentenrai

Retired News Writer
Jan 16, 2010
East Coast Pimpin'
www.brpstudios.com
That's awesome! Think you can provide a non-barcode market link? I'll give it a shot!
EDIT:
Found it by searching on the market for SU Checker. Works properly on EVO 3D. Nice job!

Here is the market link for those who can't be bothered to find a barcode scanner ;)

Also, feature suggestion: I see myself using this app to double check my girlfriends phone after rooting. Why not include a root attempt cleaner that deletes the SU binary and related files so you can try to root it again more easily? Might not be a great feature and might not be possible due to different phones leaving different files different places depending on the root method, etc. I dunno, but either way, awesome job, and thanks for making it free!

Last edited:
A

android_owl

That's awesome! Think you can provide a non-barcode market link? I'll give it a shot!
EDIT:
Found it by searching on the market for SU Checker. Works properly on EVO 3D. Nice job!

Here is the market link for those who can't be bothered to find a barcode scanner ;)

Also, feature suggestion: I see myself using this app to double check my girlfriends phone after rooting. Why not include a root attempt cleaner that deletes the SU binary and related files so you can try to root it again more easily? Might not be a great feature and might not be possible due to different phones leaving different files different places depending on the root method, etc. I dunno, but either way, awesome job, and thanks for making it free!

Thank you for the test / feedback. I've some features on my todo-list, but I'll think about your feature suggestion as it could probably be a nice thing to have.

A

android_owl

Update

Hello XDA,

today I've released an update for my application. It supports now newer android versions, multiple screen resolutions and the most important at all: It doesn't crash on unrooted phones. It also contains a redisgn which I tool from my another application to make it look a bit prettier.

Changelog
Version 1.0~
Initial release

Version 1.3
improved Shell Communication
added contact information

Version 1.4
fixed crash on phones without su
added HC / ICS compatibility

Screenshots