[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

Search This thread

stringman

Nov 21, 2005
thanks for that

I did head over there after your first post but it was down and being impatient I thought I would hassle you!
Its strange, having had about 4 HTC's myself My first call will always be XDA

thanks again

Reactions: TheArc

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
thanks for that

I did head over there after your first post but it was down and being impatient I thought I would hassle you!

thanks again

No problem. Modaco should be up by now, also xda is my personal best forum... modaco not so much

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
well i did it on phone how do i know if bootloader is unlocked? i did it with the phone on?

how can i check for success before i attempt to flash CWM?

To check all you have to do is turn off your phone pull out battery wait five seconds then re apply battery and hold power button and volume down for about 15 seconds and it should be stuck at the logo...that's how you know.

?

To check all you have to do is turn off your phone pull out battery wait five seconds then re apply battery and hold power button and volume down for about 15 seconds and it should be stuck at the logo...that's how you know.

and if bootloader unlocked it stays at the huawei logo?

what i did was i rooted using a different tool a while ago (im on ics) and then plugged this in, my phone was on at that time and i ran the bootloader unlock command, it finished and then i unplugged my phone and took battery out then rebooted it. was that right or should i try something else? my phone is network unlocked if that add's any complications.

---edit---
nevermind it wasnt done. went to huaweig300 downloads=ed the bootloader unlock tool and have followed their guide. just backing up on CWM incase anything goes wrong whilst installing custom ROM. any suggestions on the best ROM for G300? :p

Last edited:

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
and if bootloader unlocked it stays at the huawei logo?

what i did was i rooted using a different tool a while ago (im on ics) and then plugged this in, my phone was on at that time and i ran the bootloader unlock command, it finished and then i unplugged my phone and took battery out then rebooted it. was that right or should i try something else? my phone is network unlocked if that add's any complications.

---edit---
nevermind it wasnt done. went to huaweig300 downloads=ed the bootloader unlock tool and have followed their guide. just backing up on CWM incase anything goes wrong whilst installing custom ROM. any suggestions on the best ROM for G300? :p

I can't say there's a best from devs cannot do that, it funny lol. I'm not sure you could check out my from if you want "Legacy ICS Jelly Bean UI" on modaco or any other rom.

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2

mog77777

Dec 2, 2012
Help!

Guys,
I solved the problem.

I've just followed the instructions in step 5. on the site xxx and put a new update.app (1 KB) and copy it to the dload. After that I've used main dload (ICS folder, aprox abot 600 MB) and everything updated and installed successfully.

Thanks.

p.s. if anyone has or had the same problem, do not hesitate to ask.

I've got the exact same problem as you but I can't follow the Step 5 you refer to as my PC can't see the SD card or phone memory. How did you get around that?

xiqueuba

Dec 9, 2005
Hi at all, and happy new year!

Can I used this system for network unlocked?

Tanks in advance to reply.

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
I'm not being a bad but it says ICS... clearly... GB guide I'd in modaco ... go on modaco and select the g300 section everything to get started.

Kerrit

Jan 28, 2013
didnt root

Hi, I did excatly what you told but I dont find superuser from my apps, what should I do?

lucianlucuta

Nov 14, 2009
Arad
Hello all U8815 and U8818 user's, this guide will show you how to root and unlock boot-loader for your phone.

CAUTION : DO NOT USE ON GINGER BREAD!

I have gathered up some useful resource that will help you get started, first of all note this will "not"void your warranty, rooting can't void you'r warranty unless if you stuff up the hardware. So if you want to root the G300 go ahead then sure.

This method is by far the safest and easiest method to root for the G300.

Okay first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment 1279054

Now once you have downloaded the .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Now turn on USB debugging on your phone. if its already on then skip this part.

Go into Settings>Developer Options and check on USB Debugging.

Now once its on, plug your phone to the computer with your USB cable.

So far everything is done, Unlockbootloader download, USB debug on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted.

Now click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted :).

Head into the app drawer, and if you see SuperUser your now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.

If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.

Installing CWM Recovery guide coming soon.

Hello!
I succeeded to root my G300 last week, following your instructions.
I am using Vodafone, Romania.
Last night, the phone tried to upgrade, I have ICS on it... the download was about 53 mb . Everything looked that worked ok, the update was installed, till the reboot, when the phone didn't succeed to do it... An exclamation mark appears, saying: "Image signature verify fail!".
Does this happened because I rooted my phone?... :(

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

Bootloader doesn't work.Give me some advice

This is the exact method I used... if you are getting signature fails... install the latest b952 update and try this method....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome all Huawei Acend G300 users, this is a full guide prepared by me which will help you unlock your bootloader and not only that but it will help you gain root access for system modifications and root required applications.
    Keep in mind, this method is not confirmed working if you're running android 2.3.x [ Gingerbread ]. So do not use this if you're running it. Also dual sim ones aren't supported from what I see it tempers with the phone, I haven't tested it but many have reported it doesn't work on dual sims.
    Lets get started shall we? Firstly I have gathered up some useful resources that will help you get started. Make sure you read this guide first, from top to bottom. Then continue. As you must have a clear understanding on what you are going to attempt. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask on the thread itself.
    I have performed these exact steps and have successfully unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. So if you're worried. Don't be. After attempting this I haven't noticed any issues either.
    Okay, first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment unlockbootloader.zip

Once you have downloaded the said .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Continue by turning on USB debugging on your G300. if its already switched on then skip the part below..

Go into Settings>Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging option.

Once its switched on, plug your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

So far you've downloaded Unlockbootloader, have switched USB debugging on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted. Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted.

Head into the app drawer, and if you see "SuperUser" you're now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.
    If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.
    When I try and root my device is says "ROOT failure, please check the driver" what should I do?

Hi, assuming you have installed the g300 adb drivers, once the device is hanging on the boot logo and you connect the usb cable. You need to wait for windows to fully the load the adb driver before you use the unlockbootloader.exe program.
    krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
    where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
    what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.
    thanks for that

thanks again
    Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app