[ROM][PORT][JB 4.1.2 AOSP][SGH-I777] MIUI v4 3.3.1 - v5 Themed [STOPPED]

Search This thread

ClubOK

Jun 13, 2007
It seems it works for all others specially me and gerguter... also m using the ROM from yesterday...haven't got even single issue...why all issue comes to u man ???

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

I tried 4 times! All other firmware works fine! Only this does not work and the phone reboots!

Reactions: AlmasSD

gerguter

I tried 4 times! All other firmware works fine! Only this does not work and the phone reboots!

You either are not following the directions or you have a corrupt file. Try redownloading the file and follow the directions to a T. I have installed both the original and the modified ROM and both are working as they should be. You MUST wipe the caches and reboot between each of the steps. If you still can't get it I am not sure what to tell you.

On a side note, you seem to have trouble with most of the ROMS around here. I would suggest that you do some reading on how to install custom roms. This might help you with all the trouble you seem to be having.:confused:

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
You either are not following the directions or you have a corrupt file. Try redownloading the file and follow the directions to a T. I have installed both the original and the modified ROM and both are working as they should be. You MUST wipe the caches and reboot between each of the steps. If you still can't get it I am not sure what to tell you.

On a side note, you seem to have trouble with most of the ROMS around here. I would suggest that you do some reading on how to install custom roms. This might help you with all the trouble you seem to be having.:confused:

hey...was waiting for u to come online...ill PM u..plz reply...

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
You mentioned that you get them in a different way. Can you elaborate on that?

Well I download them seprately from google and install them...But google play wont update them....So in this rom we have got a miui market which is orange in colour...Once u open this market click on the last tab on the top which says more...There you can see the to be updated list and also update them...:D

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
You mentioned that you get them in a different way. Can you elaborate on that?

I am from India...so I need to check on that...gimme todayz time...will try my best for the pack...

OP updated with link to Multi Lang Pack from -BioHaZard-...I have'nt tested it yet, so cant say if it works...But as per him it should work...So take a backup of ur rom before you install...if it dosent work then ill get it sorted when i get back from work...

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Some News from official MIUI forums....

Hey MIUIers,

MIUI 3.2.22 will be the last dev version of MIUI V4. Just like MIUI 2.3, MIUI V4 will become history.
If eveything goes well, MIUI V5 for Xiaomi MI-2 will be released next Friday, 1st March!!
MIUI V5 for other devices with MIUI 4.1 will be released in late March or early April.

All MIUIv4 ICS devices will be dropped...
ONLY devices with official stock JB firmware will get MIUIv5...

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Re: [ROM][PORT][JB 4.1.2][AOSP][SGH-I777] MIUI v4 Update 3.2.8

MIUI is dropping that ICS support... so this will be the last update...for jb and ICS..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Update Of Patched AOSP Based MIUI v4 (4.1.2)
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    JELLY BEAN VERSION

INSTALATION GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME

1. Make sure you're rooted and on ICS bootloaders. This ROM is on android 4.1.2
    2. Reboot to recovery.
    3. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe cache
    5. Mounts and Storage > Format System
    6. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    7. Install MIUI ROM
    9. Reboot & Personalize Rom as Normal & ENJOY.

NO INSTALING OF OTHER KERNEL

INITIAL DOWNLOADS
    I777 - MIUI v4 - 3.3.1 - 4.1.zip

ADDONS
    1.Gapps - JB - 2012.10.11 - MIUI - i personally dont use this gapps...i download it seprately...
    2.I9100 - Language Pack - 3.2.8.zip - I have'nt tested it yet...so plz do a nandroid backup before you install this pack...as per biohazard this should work on I777
    3.MIUI V5 - White.mtz - Put the MTZ file in MIUI/Themes and install it via theme manager...
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    BUGS & WORKAROUNDS???
    TO CHANGE THE DPI - AFTER THE ROM IS SETUP PROPERLY, INSTALL ROM TOOLBOX LITE AND CHANGE THE STRING WHICH SAYS ro.sf.lcd_density
    DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS IN DEVELOPERS OPTIONS TO GET SMOTH ROM USAGE
    THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PRIMARY ROM. OR YOU MIGHT FACE BOOT LOOPS.
    ALL THANKS GO TO
    IXANZA - For the 4.1 discovery and porting so far.
    MIUI - For the I9100 update files.
    GERGUTER - For letting us know and use the updates so far.
    Faryaab - For the I9100 Rom & Kernel
    -BioHaZard- - For the Multi Language Pack
    Lord Of Hell - For whatever way you think I helped you
    Acting a little buggy. Won't boot to lock screen. Sometimes you can get to the home screen but when you push the power button to lock the phone will restart. Just a little heads up.

Strike what I said before. I think I may have done a couple of things wrong. I'll get back to ya in a few minutes.

OK...try full wipe n install this time no Gapps...cuz i never installed them myself...also this should be your primary rom. as per siyah kernel multiboot dosent work on Samsung JB..
    working on the rom for some new modifications like the boot screen and lock screen in the same pack..hope it works..meanwhile uploading the new rom which shows I777

Great work, I'll definitely try this out! One question, more of a very general MIUI question. One of my favourite things about my current ROM is that I have a unread notification (bubble over the app icon), is there anything like that stock in MIUI or is there some theming required?

EDIT - Install failed, your prop file is funky...
    EDIT 2 - I followed the instructions to the letter, and it boots up into the OS then back to boot animation...

Build Prop Issues: This happened to me as well. Install the kernel first and then choose the option to reboot into recovery and install the ROM. That should clear up your build prop issues.
    Install: Install the ROM. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cahce. Reinstall kernel. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cache again. Install the gapps package. Boot system and enjoy!