Overclocking

Search This thread

manigma

Jul 13, 2011
I want to overclock my N7000's CPU and GPU. Please guide me how to do it safely. :cyclops:

N7000 Intl
Kernel: PhilZ cwm6 v5.06.1 with CWM 6.0.3.2 based recovery
ROM: SlimBean 4.3 (Official Build 2.2-1745)

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Your kernel has to allow you to do that and you have to use a program like cpu master, or You can search for overclocking in the settings.

Sent from d605 :D

Reactions: manigma

quemmy

Jul 30, 2010
So, what kernel allows you to do that?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
The only way to overclock the n7000 worth mentioning

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tegrak.overclock.ultimate&hl=en

For gaming, i recommend:
Also, depending on how you use the phone you might want to underclock(and/or undervolt) the cpu (to avoid thermal throttle) and overclock the gpu (400 mhz works great on my phone, compared to stock 260)

For browsing the web and stuff like that:
consider overclocking the cpu to 1500-1600 (even 1650 has proven possible on my phone.)

ASMI1

Dec 23, 2010
try NX kernel (only for 4.2.2) or speedmod kernel.
for me samsung latest update is better for gaming because it has updated driver for mali (and you can use Titanium backup to freeze samsung's unwanted apps)

manigma

Jul 13, 2011

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tegrak.overclock.ultimate&hl=en

For gaming, i recommend:
Also, depending on how you use the phone you might want to underclock(and/or undervolt) the cpu (to avoid thermal throttle) and overclock the gpu (400 mhz works great on my phone, compared to stock 260)

consider overclocking the cpu to 1500-1600 (even 1650 has proven possible on my phone.)

Can you please give ROM and Kernel details of your N7000? What android version you are on?

I want to overclock for gaming. :cowboy:

Azeazezar

Aug 5, 2011
ಠ_ಠ
Can you please give ROM and Kernel details of your N7000? What android version you are on?

I am on asylum rum.
However, on this ROM, my GPU does not scale properly. So for gaming its not great.
NX kernel is great for gaming, unfortunately it's a bit dated.
In my opinion cm 4.3-based Roms work well.
But , changing ROM does not have as big an effect compared to overclocking the GPU.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For gaming, i recommend:

Your kernel has to allow you to do that and you have to use a program like cpu master, or You can search for overclocking in the settings.

Sent from d605 :D
    try NX kernel (only for 4.2.2) or speedmod kernel.
    for me samsung latest update is better for gaming because it has updated driver for mali (and you can use Titanium backup to freeze samsung's unwanted apps)

I am on asylum rum.
    However, on this ROM, my GPU does not scale properly. So for gaming its not great.
    NX kernel is great for gaming, unfortunately it's a bit dated.
    In my opinion cm 4.3-based Roms work well.
    But , changing ROM does not have as big an effect compared to overclocking the GPU.