phone & hangouts & people apps crashing

Search This thread

nikeid

Jan 28, 2014
Hi there,

I got my Moto G from TESCO UK yesterday, so I updated to Kitkat, and i started using it. It was completely ok until now. I tried to launch the PHONE APP (and the PEOPLE APP and HANGOUTS as well) and the apps crash right after i launch them. All of them. Several reboots didnt help. I tried to enter recovery mode to clear cache, but i failed to enter it so the phone turned on again and suddenly it was all working. But now, 1 hour later, it crashed again (all of the 3 apps) and it starts to piss me off.

What do i do please? Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
Hi there,

I got my Moto G from TESCO UK yesterday, so I updated to Kitkat, and i started using it. It was completely ok until now. I tried to launch the PHONE APP (and the PEOPLE APP and HANGOUTS as well) and the apps crash right after i launch them. All of them. Several reboots didnt help. I tried to enter recovery mode to clear cache, but i failed to enter it so the phone turned on again and suddenly it was all working. But now, 1 hour later, it crashed again (all of the 3 apps) and it starts to piss me off.

What do i do please? Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks

Have you disabled the stock mail app?

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

nikeid

Jan 28, 2014
i didnt get any error, i just didnt manage to get to recovery - i messed up the key combinations

re-enabling EMAIL APP worked! no crashes since!

[SOLVED]

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
i didnt get any error, i just didnt manage to get to recovery - i messed up the key combinations

re-enabling EMAIL APP worked! no crashes since!

[SOLVED]

See? I told you :p

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and after re-enabling it it hasnt happened again.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: