Motorola Car Dock discount @ amazon

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I'm going to have to look into getting the HD Charging Dock.

It'll hook up to the TV with HDMI and charges the phone. Now, I can already do that since my charging cord is near my micro-hdmi cord hooked to the TV, but still, for only nine bucks it isn't a bad price for it.

And we're only $150 new (ATT version) and $85 used (both from Amazon). We're almost to the point where it's a decent idea to get another AHD for future parts. Checked eBay and Amazon is cheaper for used Atrix HDs right now.

//When my family upgraded the contract we all got Atrix HDs and each one came with a free car dock. I use mine as an alarm clock stand on the table next to my bed. Neither of my parents use theirs, though my Dad keeps one in the truck in case we do need it for a long trip, finding an odd location for a job...basically for gps...

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
I'm going to have to look into getting the HD Charging Dock.

It'll hook up to the TV with HDMI and charges the phone. Now, I can already do that since my charging cord is near my micro-hdmi cord hooked to the TV, but still, for only nine bucks it isn't a bad price for it.

And we're only $150 new (ATT version) and $85 used (both from Amazon). We're almost to the point where it's a decent idea to get another AHD for future parts. Checked eBay and Amazon is cheaper for used Atrix HDs right now.

//When my family upgraded the contract we all got Atrix HDs and each one came with a free car dock. I use mine as an alarm clock stand on the table next to my bed. Neither of my parents use theirs, though my Dad keeps one in the truck in case we do need it for a long trip, finding an odd location for a job...basically for gps...

I have tried to purchase for Atrix HD Charging Dock but amazon cannot verify my visa card (still can do it with ebay :p) and I must wait for nearly 2 months for money to come back. :silly:

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
I have it and it has some issues... the grip is too lose with no way of tightening it.

With the bumpy EU roads, it only takes a mile and its already looking almost straight down... useless as it is.

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I have tried to purchase for Atrix HD Charging Dock but amazon cannot verify my visa card (still can do it with ebay :p) and I must wait for nearly 2 months for money to come back. :silly:

That sucks....and somehow I'm able to get packages from China in under 2 weeks. Longest wait was three weeks, but we were in the middle of a snow & ice storm.

I have it and it has some issues... the grip is too lose with no way of tightening it.

With the bumpy EU roads, it only takes a mile and its already looking almost straight down... useless as it is.

Have you tried some spray adhesive or JB Weld? Spray a layer on, let it dry, test, and repeat as necessary or spread a thin layer of JB Weld (or anything that dries really, really hard). A plastic on plastic rubbing design for grip really isn't the best one to go with for something intended to be used in a vehicle...but if you bulk it up a bit it should hold better. Like I said, I use mine as an alarm clock stand so the crappy grip isn't a big deal and kind of preferred.

And Arkansas roads are probably just as bad as EU roads so I understand.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

For those of you that don't have prime anymore and don't need $35 worth of crap...this for $8 shipped might work out better for a lot of you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GPS-Veh...3580?pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item27e0b3f10c

I think I'll stick with my Aduro U-Grip for now though, it does a good job and is a lot more versatile.

Good price on that.

If that U-Grip had a built in charger I'd be in love.

Top Liked Posts