Major Screen Issues after Warranty Repair (Maybe you have the same?)

Search This thread

Winudert

Aug 5, 2010
London
Hi guys,

Everything was okay with my LG G2, this phone is awesome, but one day screen started to play with itself, literally. I'm guarded with 2 years warranty and of course I went to service center. Problem was found - screen is bad. Screen was replaced with new one, but after I took it I noticed strange vertical lines. In the dark room everything was at "easy" level, in the not dark room "normal", and outside "extreme". I tok some shots with my Lumia 720, but in real life everything is 20 times worse. You can see photos below and I recommend to zoom in - then you will see the lines better.

Of course, I went back to service center. Service guy had another broken G2 and we compared both: yeah, mine with new screen has vertical lines, another broken G2 not. So we decided to sent phone to repair center again. Repair center response: all G2 looks the same, as mine. Of course I came back angry to service center for my phone and little guy told me maybe it's new LG screens for G2, better screens (wow, with vertical lines, way to go LG). And lines is in any case: phone is turned off or not.

I went where I bought phone - to my carrier. Nice lady took brand new G2 from box, we compared phones and yeah, factory G2 not have vertical lines once again. I have even four theory's! 1. I have defected screen. 2. I have defected screen and service center guys are idiots. 3. Service center guys thinks I'm an idiot. 4. Only factory G2 (not repaired) not have vertical lines.

Any suggestions G2 owners? Thank you.

Photos:
4i2bmg.jpg

a1ic0g.jpg

2v15bib.jpg

Last edited:

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
My G2 got that vertical lines too out of the box :D I can see them only on direct sunlight and they are hardly noticeable,so its not problem for me.I assumed it was normal,because it was new in not opened box(my friend works in this shop where i buy it,so its realy brand new and not used and repaired).Maybe its realy a new version of the screen?

P.S.- I got my g2 from almost month ago and lg site says my device is produced on 31 march 2014

P.S.2- Sorry for my English Im using google translate :(

Winudert

Aug 5, 2010
London
My G2 got that vertical lines too out of the box :D I can see them only on direct sunlight and they are hardly noticeable,so its not problem for me.I assumed it was normal,because it was new in not opened box(my friend works in this shop where i buy it,so its realy brand new and not used and repaired).Maybe its realy a new version of the screen?

P.S.- I got my g2 from almost month ago and lg site says my device is produced on 31 march 2014

P.S.2- Sorry for my English Im using google translate :(

Thanks for answer. It's really dumb, if LG did that: my old screen was perfect at direct sunlight, right now it sucks hard. I have bunch of phones and no one has this stupid issue (yeah, that looks to me as issue).

Any more LG G2 owners?

H

hervelo

Thanks for answer. It's really dumb, if LG did that: my old screen was perfect at direct sunlight, right now it sucks hard. I have bunch of phones and no one has this stupid issue (yeah, that looks to me as issue).

Any more LG G2 owners?

Same here. My G2 has been repaired due to white lines on the screen. Now I can sometimes see these vertical lines but they don't bother me. I figured that they changed the screen type because of the white/black line issues so I'm ok with that.

cletusarrarr

Apr 11, 2009
i bought a brand new verizon G2 as well , has the same screen , i have a clear scratchguard on top and isnt so prominent , is barely noticeable for me too, you must be working in direct sunlight to have the issue.