[KERNEL][CM9][24/03/12] Icy Glitch V14 - BETA - LiveOC - Voodoo - DIDLEv2 - USBhost

Search This thread

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
LED Notification is disabled for me, when it was enabled on CM9. Where can I enable it?

I have Nova Launcher installed, if that's what made it stop. Not too sure.

cba1986

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in Buenos Aires
I finally tested the S98rfkill_didle script along with SSS on. ANd finally i had some very nice TOP=OFF time but it killed Deep Sleep. Finally i ended removing the script to gain deep sleep back.

katenaccio

Jul 30, 2009
florence
Just one question........this kernel works perfectly on my gs ......but ..does int work on sgs2 with cm too????

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

rugal28

Sep 20, 2010
Taichung
awesome, DIDLEv2 perfect work.....:D
(because use 2.2 bootloader before , cause it can't work, is my fault, sorry..:( )
when I re-flash from JVU (GB bootloader)
every thing is work and fast

but I have one problem
in BETA5...
i can't use CWM backup my device....:confused:
(it will backup stop at data, after backup system, but semaphore is work)

sorry my bad english

rom : AOKP build23 beta 2.1

Last edited:

orangerot.

Jan 9, 2012
Stuttgart
Bug report:

For me neither BLN(enabled in NSTools) nor CMLed Notification are working properly. After I get a SMS or Whatsapp message oder Facebook Notification the LED's are lighted for about 3 seconds and than they are turned off without touching the phone. With Devil 1.1 Bln and LEDNotification are working without problems.

Settings in NSTools:
BLN: Bln enabled, timeout 4000s, NSTools Service enabled. Also tried it with diesabled NSTools Service
LED Notification: Bln disabled, Led enabled, timeout 4000s, NSTools Service disbled(also tried it enabled). Of course LED Notification ist activated in Settings(but also tried it after disabling it in settings)

With the Glitch V14 B3 LED Notififation worked too.

Is it a Problem of the Kernel or of my phone?

DROCSID

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere deep
Guess I'm just lucky :D.

Was a few days off. People here mentioned to flash the experimental build
with Glitch V14 b5? Does it work flawless?

ExAvantz

Jun 5, 2009
the best kernel so far :cool:

BLN - works
Deep Idle - works
battery life - excellent

very smooth, stable & fast !!!

excellent job Glitch !

DROCSID

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere deep
Nandroid backup is essential in the kernel, strange that it does not work

63EkY.jpg

:)

Mull1s

Jul 17, 2010
Örebro
Hello, i wanted to tried this kernel so i flashed it from cwm recovery (coming from semaphore) and now im stuck in some kind of boot loop. I didnt had NStools or any kind of overclocking active when i flashed. I cannot enter the recovery :s

How can i fix this? :confused: Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Tilgi

Nov 13, 2007
Frankfurt
Hello, i wanted to tried this kernel so i flashed it from cwm recovery (coming from semaphore) and now im stuck in some kind of boot loop. I didnt had NStools or any kind of overclocking active when i flashed. I cannot enter the recovery :s

How can i fix this? :confused: Thanks for your time.

In future always use Ultimate Kernel Cleaning Script before every kernel update and especially before every change of the kernel (in your case switching from semaphore to glitch). This way I have never had a single problem after flashing kernels.

Are you able to get into recovery? If not search the forum for a odin-flashable CM-Kernel (sorry don't have link, but I have seen it often in different threads) and go into download mode using 3 button combo und flash this.
Afterwards you are able to use CWM again...

Reactions: Mull1s

Mull1s

Jul 17, 2010
Örebro
In future always use Ultimate Kernel Cleaning Script before every kernel update and especially before every change of the kernel (in your case switching from semaphore to glitch). This way I have never had a single problem after flashing kernels.

Are you able to get into recovery? If not search the forum for a odin-flashable CM-Kernel (sorry don't have link, but I have seen it often in different threads) and go into download mode using 3 button combo und flash this.
Afterwards you are able to use CWM again...

Thanks for that tip i didnt know there was a kernel cleaner.. Im not able to get into recovery i get the icy-glitch logo flashing once but then it reboots.. i can enter download mode but i dont know how to proceed.. if you manage to help me i will reward you through paypal!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

icyglitch.png

Note : These kernels are only compatible/tested with CyanogenMod 9 based roms.
    Use them on any other rom at your own risks. You won't get support from us.

Overview :
    - 3.1.10 linux base
    - LiveOC
    - Custom Voltage
    - Battery Life eXtender
    - DIDLE
    - Voodoo Sound 10
    - PMFAST mode for best wifi performance (different low power mode than default, using a bit more power).
    - USB host mode support
    - 342MB RAM
    - Various tweaks for more speed and battery saving

CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied.

You'll need NSTools to use/enable all the features of this kernel.
    (Available for free on the Android market)

Downloads

Glitch kernel (CWM flashable only)
    Glitch Kernel Updater app now available on the Android market to support us !
    i9000 :

- 24/03/2012 - V14 B6

PLEASE FLASH A FREAKIN' GB BOOTLOADER IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS KERNEL !

WARNING : THIS KERNEL IS USING MASS STORAGE USB MODE BY DEFAULT (TEAMHACKSUNG'S CM9 DEFAULT SETTING). IF YOUR USING A DIFFERENT ROM AND IT IS USING MTP BY DEFAULT, MAKE SURE TO SWITCH TO MTP IN GLITCH RECOVERY JUST AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL, OR YOU'LL END IN A BOOTLOOP. YOU CAN THEN SWITCH TO MASS STORAGE IF YOU WANT AFTER A FIRST BOOT.

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=glitchkernel ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.freenode.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #glitchkernel

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Glitch repo : https://github.com/organizations/Glitchkernel

Who is the Glitch team ?
    - Kernel developement : ssewk2x & Tk-Glitch.
    - Public relations / web hosting : Sixstringsg.
    - App developement : Smasher816.
    - Extreme overclocking testing : Shaolin95
    - Beta testers team, with members coming and leaving :D

Credits :
    Pawitp, jt1134, Morfic, Ezekeel, Zacharias.maladroit, Supercurio, lippol94, sztupy, Eugene373, Franciscofranco

Thanks to the donators and everyone bying the Glitch Kernel Updater app from the market, it's much appreciated and encourages us to continue our work !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​
    Changelogs :

V14

BETA 7 - Currently in development :

- Upstream sync
    - Added mem increase mod by Kali (CM Team) - 384MB RAM available with 720p recording working. It does need a patch on the rom side to work though. Make sure your rom supports it or you'll get broken 720p recording
    - Force fast charging support - Thanks to Chad Froebel
    - Fixes for light sensor
    - Fascinate : Fixes for orientation sensor / Needs updated libs to work
    - Recovery backup really fixed this time
    - Fixup of our LiveOC code for selective LiveOC to be stabler and to most likely prevent memory corruption at low frequency resulting in GPU crash and/or reboots on some devices
    - Updated and fixed GlitchassV2 governor for it to work correctly with LiveOC
    - Added fixes on DIDLEv2 from Stratosk

24/03/2012 - BETA 6 :

- Upstream sync (modemctl, compass fix..)
    - Fixed BLN, and added blink support (available through NSTools)
    - Disabled Samsung sleep patches from Teamhacksung to prevent SODs
    - Fascinate : Ported ssewk2x phantom keypress filter code from Glitch V13.1
    - Vibrant : Merged GPS changes from FaultException
    - Moved back to Deadline ioshed as default to fix nandroid
    - Added Derteufel's selective LiveOC mod - It will prevent low frequency steps to OC, potentially providing enhanced stability and powersaving
    - Fixed potential bug in vfat fs driver
    - Fixed bug in ext4 fs driver
    - Merged some audio changes from Teamhacksung
    - Added touch support in Glitch recovery (incomplete)
    - Some cleaning

22/02/2012 - BETA 5 :

- Voice audio through dock, thanks to xcaliburinhand (should fix related issues with Glitch volume boost hack)
    - Renamed SmartassV2 governor to "GlitchassV2" to prevent latest NSTools version hanging
    - Added FranciscoFranco Conservative governor tweaks for more speed
    - Added a DIDLE enabler into screensate scaling script to kill BT in sleep and make DIDLE work with both TOP=ON and TOP=OFF. You'll need to enable screenstate scaling in Glitch menu from recovery in order to get DIDLE to use this (disabled by default). It's mostly for testing purposes - Feel free to report your experience with it.
    - Moved back to previous sysinit to prevent the DIDLE enabler script to make the phone hanging on the bootlogo. Also fixes screenstate scaling making the phone unbootable, and some SOD/COD issues for guys using some other tweaking scripts
    - Implemented BLN9 port from Derteufel with NSTools compatible sysfs. This way all the unsupported roms will get led notifications, and CMLed haters will hopefully stop to yell..
    - The flash-time script has been updated to be able to clean more stuff
    - A few fixes on the wifi driver to work better with our devices Please report your experience with DIDLE enabled. It may be required to disable DIDLE on some phones to prevent SOD/COD/softreboots or other instabilities. Also MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DAMN GB BOOTLOADER !
    - Reverted modemctl changes from Teamhacksung - should fix data issues some are having

21/02/2012 - BETA 4.1 :

- Reverted sleep GPIO stuff from THS stock samsung port. Should fix SODs some are encountering.

21/02/2012 - BETA 4 :

- Fixes on LiveOC and custom voltage from Ezekeel
    - Fixes + various enhancements on I/O scheduling (up to 50% I/O speed improvement compared to beta 3)
    - Fixed touchscreen freezing randomly
    - Fixed various bugs here and there
    - Back from Eugene's DIDLE to Ezekeel's DIDLE v2 mod (available through NSTools again) -> You may encounter SoD if enabled with wifi ON.
    - Load balancing improvements
    - Updated FIOPS I/O sched
    - Sync with THS latest source

09/02/2012 - BETA 3 :

- LiveOC frequency steps changed again - Now all steps are using a 200MHz bus by default, so pushing liveOC % will give the same bus speed on all steps
    - Default Int voltage for 1GHz set to Samsung's default to fix instability on bad overclocker devices
    - Fixed recovery not displaying long lists items as well as cosmetic fixes - updated to latest source from Koush
    - Fixed init.d support
    - Switched to Tiny SHMEM, better on small devices
    - Ext4 optimizations for more speed
    - Readahead values tweaked a bit - should be better overall
    - Fascinate : Use GB driver for i500 to fix prox/light sensors, and updated RIL init (Thanks to Sbrissen)
    - Fsync() enabled again to prevent/limit data loss while experimenting with overclocking, and to (probably) fix the reboot->bootloop issue
    - Disabled frame pointer, FIQ debugger, and some more debug stuff, Morfic-like :D
    - Some writeback quickfixes
    - Updated wifi drivers with added net fixes and optimizations
    - GlitchOndemand polling tweaking for more stability
    - Misc tweaks

29/01/2012 - BETA 2 :

- Updated to linux 3.1.10
    - A few fixes on LiveOC (Thanks Ezekeel)
    - GPU load affecting CPU frequency scaling (200 vs 100MHz) is back
    - Removed CFQ and BFQ, and added SIO & the all new flash oriented FIOPS i/o schedulers - FIOPS is now default
    - Better VM tweaks
    - Fixed GlitchOndemand polling to fix stability issues some are encountering
    - i/o-less dirty throttling backport from linux 3.2 (thanks to Franciscofranco)
    - Added dynamic writeback & various writeback fixes
    - Proportional rate reduction for TCP (thanks Google :D)
    - Small fix on Lazy gov from Ezekeel
    - Captivate : Port battery charging/fuel gauge code from stock --> Improves (but does not completely fix) phone turning off while
    charging for some users (charging death). (Thanks to Pawitp)
    - Vibrant : Headset buttons fix (Thanks to FaultException)
    - Fixed and now built-in CIFS
    - Changed OC steps (1152 step is now 1160, with 200MHz bus, 1440MHz step removed, added 1400 and 1500 MHz steps)
    - Moved back to "old" DIDLE implementation for now
    - Glitch call volume hack is back
    - Various optimization and CPU load reduction in some typical cases
    - Verizon Fascinate : fix for boot issue on preview 5 and BETA 1
    - Updated USB host driver to build 5

23/01/2012 - BETA 1 :

- Dock audio support.
    - Added gamma V1 hack and MDNIE bypass mode.
    - Added more governors to play with & tweaked interactive and ondemand.
    - DIDLE V2 added back for people who want to mod their framework (It may/will cause sleep of death on some devices, as always)
    - Battery charging calculation fix (BLX will now show 100% as default).
    - Changed overclocked steps for more stability and easier setup.
    - Dm-cache support.
    - Updated linux base to 3.1.9.
    - Improved memory management and cache handling.
    - General speed enhancements.
    - Fsync disabled.
    - Added an entry in the GLITCH menu (in recovery) to choose between mtp and mass storage USB mode.
    - USB host mode (OTG) - updated to build 4, from sztupy - thanks to him and everyone involved in this !
    - Bootmode injection fix from pawitp.
    - Optimized RWSEM algorithm.
    - VM and I/O performance enhancements.
    - Added BFQ i/o scheduler.
    - More cleaning, various optimizations and power management tweaks.

PREVIEW #5 : (For build 13+)

- Even better 720p video recording.
    - Fixed Vibrant GPS.
    - Added back various governors.
    - New colors from Samsung stock.
    - Toolchain sorcery with linaro 4.4.5, and using NEON and hardfloat optimizations.
    - Bootmode injection support.
    - Various speed enhancements.

PREVIEW #4 :

- Fixed softkeys on Captivate and Fascinate.
    - Refresh rate back to 60Hz as the uncap breaks colors (it'll help to get better smoothness on heavy games too).
    - Better 720p video recording.
    - Tweaked governors and schedulers for testing.
    - Big cleanup.
    - Removed DIDLE for now - useless anyway, the rom prevents it to work correctly.

PREVIEW #3 :

- Added color adjustments to Nexus S framebuffer.
    - Dock audio stuff back in.
    - Cleanup.

PREVIEW #2 :

- Fixed GPS issues.
    - Moved to Nexus S Framebuffer (stock colors, no more color adjustment available).

25/12/2011 - V14 Preview #1

- Compatible with Teamhacksung's ICS/CM9 builds 10 or higher.

- Now using linux 3.0.8 base from the Nexus S drop
    - Upstream synced to the latest from THS (TVout, cleanup, 3.0 port..)
    - Reverted to stock CM LED Notifications (fixing all the previous problems some users encountered with BLN) / No more BLN app needed, enabled by default.
    - Removed Voodoo Color, and back to stock implementation.
    - Added support for a new low power mode on wifi chipset, enhancing signal reception and stability, at the cost of a bit higher power consumption.
    - Back to NEON mfpu for now
    - Full support for init.d scripts
    - Readahead value back to 1024 for better results (SDcard read Cache)
    - Fixed headset buttons
    - Fixed randomly freezing softkeys
    - Big cleanup and rewrite of some stuff
    - Removed the 200MHz lock when the GPU is active for battery life. Depending on your launcher and/or widgets, you'll get some slowdowns. Change min freq to 200 to fix it.

Major additions, ported from Ezekeel's work on the Nexus S (thanks Morfic !) :

You will need NSTools app, available for free on the market, or here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333696

- Added "LiveOC" system, giving access to GPU/bus overclocking on the fly, per 1% step.
    - Added "Custom Voltage" control, giving access to ARM and Internal voltage undervoling and overvolting. (This makes the previous leakage system obsolete, which is now removed.)
    - Added "Battery life eXtender" mod, allowing the user to limit the maximum charge percentage to preserve the battery life (not the battery runtime obviously)
    - Added support for DIDLE V2, a very low power mode that will help battery life in many idle/semi-idle cases.
    - Lazy governor sysfs, to enable or disable the frequency ramping up when screen is off (to end tasks quicker to sleep faster).

Keep in mind CM9 is at early stages of development and contains many bugs still.

Here's a new kernel to play with. Big mem, compatible with all video formats, and TWRP recovery included. Don't respond to this post with "thanks" or anything like that, just hit the thanks button. If you have issues, post. http://androtransfer.com/get.php?p=sixstringsg/galaxys/CM9-galaxysmtd-Glitch-TWRP-TEST.zip
    New build: http://goo.gl/qU6Ua
    Fixes:
    Nandroid's work now
    BLN works 100%
    BETA 3 is available ! I hope you'll enjoy it ;)