Cm9 Nova HD issues

Search This thread

XXMrHyde

Jan 5, 2011
The problem could be the fritzbox, my parents also have a fritzbox, and I also have problems with wlan connection, but at "normal" use,
I often have to turn wifi off and on because I don`t get an automatic connection. At home with my D-Link router I don`t have the problem.

lep2011

Feb 3, 2011
help cm9

I have a problem with recovery cwm
install from sd card, I keep getting the message Following. Please help.

Waiting for SD Card to Mount (# s) [# Being the count down 20-1]
E: Can not mount / sdcard
thanks

XNyle

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks @XXMrHyde,

it was just an example, doesn't work with other routers as well, for instance a Netgear at work, or some branded provider router at a friend.

Furthermore it works under CM7 on the 2X and also under CM9 on other phones and android tablets.

kennethboymo

Apr 10, 2011
My phone become very easy to get hot, especially when it is charging. I found that after 19-35 and also the newest 20-37…
Did anyone have the same problem with me? How can I fix it?

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

lizard121n6

Apr 12, 2012
hey guys, sorry for high jacking this thread and for being a total noob.. please dont hate me :( ... i watched the xda-noob video and i didnt find a thread for this particular question ( not very good with english, so it might be my wording ). The video said to post the question in an at least remotely related thread.. so here we go:
I installed the RC37 of novaHD. Now, if i want to update to RC39 can i simply use the update function in CWM? So, put the RC39-Zip on SD-card -> update -> select the Zip file ?
Also, do i have to wipe data/cache before i do this?
Thanks a lot guys..

XXMrHyde

Jan 5, 2011
Yes, nothing else to do, normally you can choose non wipe in aroma installer, don't forget to make a backup of your current system using the backup function in cwm

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk

axepted

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks @XXMrHyde,

it was just an example, doesn't work with other routers as well, for instance a Netgear at work, or some branded provider router at a friend.

Furthermore it works under CM7 on the 2X and also under CM9 on other phones and android tablets.

I have this problem to, and I don't think we're alone.

It's a bug in the ROM..

I use a D-Link router..

And it's not Nova HD fault, it's in Owain's.. I'm sure he will fix it as soon as s he can :)

XXMrHyde

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks for reply, I don't have this problem with my D-Link router.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk

XNyle

Apr 10, 2012
I've looked through the logs if I could find something interesting on the problem, but nothing.

Could maybe someone with enough posts hint Owain directly in his dev thread, as nobody seems to have posted this problem up to now?

At least I couldn't find it, only DHCP issues were addressed.

axepted

Sep 28, 2010
I've looked through the logs if I could find something interesting on the problem, but nothing.

Could maybe someone with enough posts hint Owain directly in his dev thread, as nobody seems to have posted this problem up to now?

At least I couldn't find it, only DHCP issues were addressed.

It has been mentioned in his thread.. Lets hope he can fix it in another build..

Iri---

Apr 13, 2011
I have in this impressive rom issue,
that if I check change mp3 by long press volume button, jump out of menu and then return back, it is uncheck. So this is impossible check this option :-(.
Another simillar problem is with camera sound. If I check that i donť want sound and then if I take a picture, I can hear the sound :-/.
Then the last one what I have (accept buggy camera of course): when display is going to more dark, then he does something like turn lighting to about 50% and then to zero and device sleeps. Display blink or flash, something like that - I don't know exactly how to say it. Sorry about my english :).
One last thing I have - Is there any possibility to turn off data in background like in android 2.3?

hectormcesar

Problem with CM9 nova HD !! charged my phone like 6-7 hours and still 80% ! is it my battery prblem or the Rom?

I have the best battery life with NOVA HD RC19-35 and Kernel SuperNova DS RC2. I did wipe cache/dalvik and full wipe on aroma. I notice that charging over night full charge goes up to 98% (it doesn't really bother me I think the new RC3 will fix that) and once sigle full charge has last up to 2 days with normal use. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

My phone become very easy to get hot, especially when it is charging. I found that after 19-35 and also the newest 20-37…
Did anyone have the same problem with me? How can I fix it?

I used to have the same problem with early RC's now I'm 19-35 and DS RC2 and has giving me the best performance on everything. Temperature always on 32C to max 36C even while playing games and heavy usage. I did wipe cache/dalvik and full wipe in aroma. Running ramhack 64. hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Yes, same here. Didn´t find any solution. Maybe it´s just facebook and we have to live with it.

Have you try 'fast facebook' app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.fastfacebook.com&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFwcC5mYXN0ZmFjZWJvb2suY29tIl0.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2011
Noord-Holland
I cant upload photo's with facebook with Nova HD 21-39 it says error with loading photo
Someone else can confirm?

It was just facebook not working correct (solved)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Last edited:

lizard121n6

Apr 12, 2012
hey guys i am on NovaHD RC20-37 right now and i am experiencing some pretty bad battery drain. while the phone is in standby everything is fine but as soon as i turn on my phone i can literally watch the battery go down. I lose 1 % about every 2 minutes. Thats not normal, right? I tried the getRIL-thing and i am using the correct RIL now, but still no improvement. Under battery stats i can see the display doing about 80% of the battery drainage ( i have my display brightness very low already, ~15%. I have read several times that battery life is supposed to improve with this rom.. unfortunately not for me :/
any ideas?
thanks in advance.

zsman24

Nov 5, 2010
hey guys i am on NovaHD RC20-37 right now and i am experiencing some pretty bad battery drain. while the phone is in standby everything is fine but as soon as i turn on my phone i can literally watch the battery go down. I lose 1 % about every 2 minutes. Thats not normal, right? I tried the getRIL-thing and i am using the correct RIL now, but still no improvement. Under battery stats i can see the display doing about 80% of the battery drainage ( i have my display brightness very low already, ~15%. I have read several times that battery life is supposed to improve with this rom.. unfortunately not for me :/
any ideas?
thanks in advance.

You can try the SU660 porting baseband, i had no battery issues with it on NovaHD.

grither11

Apr 15, 2012
i had the same issue about the battery drain, my screen percent is 85% and when im not using my phone the cell standby goes to 90%.

i already done this stuff:
-my screen display is low
-i had battery calibration
-follow battery saving tips
-CPU governor POWERSAVE
-ril and bb 725

does anyone have suggestions or solution?

sorry for causing a problem and sorry for my bad english.. thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could say the same about your lack of working roms.

Lol hei did you just steal a kernel? i think so :rolleyes:

Then why don't you make your own ROM instead of trolling?
    Developers get nothing from you so I don't think you have the right to trash talk
    No one force and want you to stay in this "Useless, no working ROMs" 2X community.

If you don't understand what is open soucre and GPL, I don't mind.
    I agree that I have "stolen" a lot from every kernels, those things I "stolen" is KNOWLEDGE.

I will stop replying. Use my time doing something good is greater than dealing with some trouble guys.

Have a nice day :)
    Want me to upload a video of me first 2 times wipe factory system dalvic and battery stats and boot it up and see the FC?

Is it really necessary? oh and i cant get a stable data connection or status bar on your build also.

It cant be my hardware as someone else said as these issuses are across a few phones now and it seems that no one cares about errors.

Build your own error free rom if you don't satisfy with every rom. You are not our customer, we just share our work. Why we get nothing from you but need to listen to those f**king words?
    Use a better attitude, stop trolling
    Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
    Build your own error free rom if you don't satisfy with every rom. You are not our customer, we just share our work. Why we get nothing from you but need to listen to those f**king words?
    Use a better attitude, stop trolling
    Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Friend... Don't care about this useless boy

Sent from DjangoManouche!
    How to flash only kernel without flashing cm9 ROM?

You flash the kernel in cwm as an normal rom. I wipe dalvik cache after I flash i new kernel, but I don't now if that I necessary.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Download the .zip file of the kernel u want to flash...put it in sd card..go into the CWM recovery and then flash it...Be sure to make a nandroid backup before

Sent from my Awesome LG-P990 using xda premium