What screen protector?

Search This thread

trebla459

Mar 1, 2012
Queen City Of The South
invisible shield has a great quality but you have to be very careful on installing cause if you get one small mistake it can ruin everything especially when u installed it in the wrong way

supernova457

Apr 7, 2012
Anyone tried anti - fingerprint screen protector? And if yes were you satisfied ?

Matte screen protectors, which are the anti-fingerprint ones you are talking about, are great for how I use my phone. Though they make the screen a bit blurry, they make the phone alot more usable since your finger will never get the screen "oily" and leave bad finger residue. Since most people text and play games, the graphical tradeoff is negligible. I would reccomend those.

Reactions: kuosh

anagrams

Jan 12, 2012
I use the Zagg too. It's kinda thick. But works well, and the phone is working great.
Not so easy to place though, and the top corners are not very well placed.

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Matte screen protectors, which are the anti-fingerprint ones you are talking about, are great for how I use my phone. Though they make the screen a bit blurry, they make the phone alot more usable since your finger will never get the screen "oily" and leave bad finger residue. Since most people text and play games, the graphical tradeoff is negligible. I would reccomend those.

would it decrease the retina screen quality/brightness on the ipad?
for example, do you see it clealrly that theres a screen protector on, ??
my ipad has a layer on its screen to decrease fingerprint, but still gets a bit dirty

GeekyKitty

Feb 16, 2011
I use iShieldz. They're about $20 but they're freakin' awesome and way easier to install than the Zagg.

Anyone tried anti - fingerprint screen protector? And if yes were you satisfied ?

Just put that RainX stuff for car windshields on your current screen protector. Voila! No fingerprints!

EliBsora

Sep 10, 2012
naaran
i just bought a cheap screen protector from ebay

the true important thing is to install it correctly without dust or air bubles!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used a generic uncut screen protector, and cut it to the proper shape. Here's how:

Put your phone in a scanner, along with a ruler for scale and to keep the phone at a proper angle. (The DPI alone works, but this allows to double check your measurements).
    Scan, adjusting as necessary to get a proper contrast for the contour.
    Use a graphics editing program that supports layers, and ideally, vector drawing. Trace the contour of your phone in a new layer, with the necessary holes.
    Print your new contour and use it as an accurate template. I happened to have inkjet transparencies and was able to print onto those and rub the ink onto the protector plastic before cutting it. Paper will also work, though it may be a bit trickier.