Q & T for Pixeldroid JB 4.2.2 AOKP & CARBON 720p/HW/Sound/NOS

Search This thread

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
if you have questions or problems with rom
post them here not in the rom thread

failure to add the info below will result in your question not being answered untill you add the below info to your post

when posting about a problem please include which install you used [nand, dataonext or nativesd]
which bootloader you are using [clk or magldr]
and what partition size you used if its a nand or dataonext install
and any relevant information you can think of ::: for instance..[i installed poweramp and my problem started

Last edited:

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
this is a small tutorial on how i flash this rom
first off i have a 430 system partiton and a 4 gig ext 4 partition
i also use Kokotas black clk 1.5.1.9 and CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
and i use the dataonext install method

first thing i do is do a backup of the rom i have on my phone
then i move the rom zip to my sdcard
i then go into mounts and storage and
format boot
format cache
format data
format system
format sd-ext

be carefull not to format sdcard

i then got into install zip from sd card then choose zip from sdcard
then i pick the rom zip and and go thru the setup on aroma and choose the things i want to install
when it finishes i reboot and let it sit at the lockscreen for 5 minutes
then i go thru the setup and add my gmail account
when its done with the setup stuff i once again let the phone sit for 5 minutes
then i reboot one more time and begin fully setting up the phone the way i like it

i add alot of modded stuff to my phone for testing and regular use
and the way i posted above has never failed me

link for CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419733

link to kokotas blk clk
http://www.mediafire.com/?tzg7whl9wwaih

Last edited:

Kajoe

Apr 21, 2008
Hi Pixeldroid.

It is an awesome rom again. But I have again huge battery drain. And I saw that most is due to Google Services. Now my battery is in 5 Hours from 100% full to 25% empty. Google services is taking 42% of battery drain. Is it possible to shutdown Google services? I have allready did the following: Settings/ Accounts/ Google/ Accounts Sync OFF.

I found where to stop Google services, but I don't know if it wil give me problems with the rom.
Settings/ Apps/Active now/ Google services
I have stopped them all and wil see what happens.

Last edited:

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

Hi Pixeldroid.

It is an awesome rom again. But I have again huge battery drain. And I saw that most is due to Google Services. Now my battery is in 5 Hours from 100% full to 25% empty. Google services is taking 42% of battery drain. Is it possible to shutdown Google services? I have allready did the following: Settings/ Accounts/ Google/ Accounts Sync OFF.

I found where to stop Google services, but I don't know if it wil give me problems with the rom.
Settings/ Apps/Active now/ Google services
I have stopped them all and wil see what happens.

for me is the battery drain good. have you change the display settings?

pixelfreak

Mr.NeoTrinity

Aug 14, 2010
Hello to all :)

I am on Data on ext .My sd(class6 samsung) is an 2gb ext3 and 14gb fat 32 ( formatet with touch recovery,also tryed with ext4 made with minitool partition wizard same issue came))

I also use clk 1,5,0 rc1

My layout is big enough i think.
recovery 7mb
misc 3 mb
boot 7 mb
system 370 mb
cache 7 mb
userdata 27 mb

If i put in my sim card always after pin the message apperars "com.android.phone" stopped and i have to write my pin again.
I can not use my phone. Every 5 seconds this message appears.

Can you please help me?

sincerealy :)

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Hello to all :)

I am on Data on ext .My sd(class6 samsung) is an 2gb ext3 and 14gb fat 32 ( formatet with touch recovery,also tryed with ext4 made with minitool partition wizard same issue came))

I also use clk 1,5,0 rc1

My layout is big enough i think.
recovery 7mb
misc 3 mb
boot 7 mb
system 370 mb
cache 7 mb
userdata 27 mb

If i put in my sim card always after pin the message apperars "com.android.phone" stopped and i have to write my pin again.
I can not use my phone. Every 5 seconds this message appears.

Can you please help me?

where did you come up with userdata 27 mb

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Hello Kameirus:)

First ,thanks for replying :))

I dont know where the 27 mb of userdata came from??
In the clk 1.5.0.1 there is no option under settings to change that. I only have the options
recovery ,misc,boot,cache and system.

sincerealy :))

how did you install clk on your phone

do you have a tmobile hd2 if yes can you bump up the system partition size to 400 or 410 and see what happens
i always use a 410 size

Reactions: -pixelfreak-

Mr.NeoTrinity

Aug 14, 2010
how did you install clk on your phone

do you have a tmobile hd2 if yes can you bump up the system partition size to 400 or 410 and see what happens
i always use a 410 size

Hello :))

I did the clk install via an custom .ruu .

I am honest. I forgott what kind it is. Its so long ago that i changed from wimo 6.5 to android. About 3 years.
I can say two things about it. It is an German one and the original vodafone rom is not allow when i try to install it.
So the chance is well to an Tmobile phone.

Sorry for my bad englisg. I will try my best.

sincerealy:)

Thanks of course for reply !

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

Hello Kameirus:)

First ,thanks for replying :))

I dont know where the 27 mb of userdata came from??
In the clk 1.5.0.1 there is no option under settings to change that. I only have the options
recovery ,misc,boot,cache and system.

sincerealy :))

make your phone comlete new with the tools from my first post.

- new HSPL
- new bootloader with recovery and cache

it may be that you have an outdated version of HSPL on your phone. or have you ever been something changed on your phone? sorry i did not read all your posts

pixelfreak

Reactions: Mr.NeoTrinity

Mr.NeoTrinity

Aug 14, 2010
make your phone comlete new with the tools from my first post.

- new HSPL
- new bootloader with recovery and cache

it may be that you have an outdated version of HSPL on your phone. or have you ever been something changed on your phone? sorry i did not read all your posts

pixelfreak

Hello :)

hanks for helping.

I tryed with hspl 2.08 and 3.03. I always used since release the clk 1.5.0.1 rc1.

With "the tools from your post " ,do you mean the hd2 toolkit or something else?

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

hanks for helping.

I tryed with hspl 2.08 and 3.03. I always used since release the clk 1.5.0.1 rc1.

With "the tools from your post " ,do you mean the hd2 toolkit or something else?

yes. i work only with the HD2 Toolkit and MiniToolPartition Wizard Home Edition and i have no problem.

make for me a step by step list from your install and your sizes from recovery and cache. write me all your settings in the install tools

pixelfreak

Mr.NeoTrinity

Aug 14, 2010
yes. i work only with the HD2 Toolkit and MiniToolPartition Wizard Home Edition and i have no problem.

make for me a step by step list from your install and your sizes from recovery and cache. write me all your settings in the install tools

pixelfreak

Yes of course.

1 task 29
2 flash custom.ruu (the clk 1.5.0.1rc1
3 Make Partitions like below
recovery 7mb
misc 3 mb
boot 7 mb
system 370 mb
cache 7 mb
userdata 27 mb ( i cant change that value anywhere)
4 boot into cwm
5 format boot,cache,system and ext partition
6 switch off
7 put in sd 16 gb (11,5gb fat32 cluster default,2.5gb ext4/ext3 tested with both,290 swap all the things done with partition tool wizard)
8 flash rom
9 wipe dalvik cache ( also tested with wipe of dalvik cache and cache.
10 reboot with insert sim
11 com.android.phone unfortunatelly stopped

sorry for my english. feel free to correct me.i am willing to learn:)
sincereally :))

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

Yes of course.

1 task 29
2 flash custom.ruu (the clk 1.5.0.1rc1
recovery 7mb
misc 3 mb
boot 7 mb
system 370 mb
cache 7 mb
userdata 27 mb ( i cant change that value anywhere)
4 boot into cwm
5 format boot,cache,system and ext partition
6 switch off
7 put in sd 16 gb (11,5gb fat32 cluster default,2.5gb ext4/ext3 tested with both,290 swap all the things done with partition tool wizard)
8 flash rom
11 com.android.phone unfortunatelly stopped

sorry for my english. feel free to correct me.i am willing to learn:)
sincereally :))

1 task 29 / thats okay if you make with HD2 TOOL
2 flash custom.ruu (the clk 1.5.0.1rc1 / this is not okay.please install your bootloader with HD2 TOOL
recovery 7mb / this size is not from HD2 TOOLKIT
misc 3 mb / this size is not from HD2 TOOLKIT
boot 7 mb / this size is not from HD2 TOOLKIT
system 370 mb / with HD2 TOOLKIT for EU=360MB and for TmoUS=410MB
cache 7 mb / with HD2 TOOLKIT 5MB
userdata 27 mb ( i cant change that value anywhere) / this size is not from HD2 TOOLKIT
4 boot into cwm
5 format boot,cache,system and ext partition / your phone is clean and you must not format
6 switch off
7 put in sd 16 gb (11,5gb fat32 cluster default,2.5gb ext4/ext3 tested with both,290 swap all the things done with partition tool wizard) /EXT4 with cluster default?
8 flash rom
11 com.android.phone unfortunatelly stopped / this is a sign for not enough space

pixelfreak

Reactions: Mr.NeoTrinity

kakashiii

Feb 13, 2010
Braga
Apps problem

Hi,

I installed, this rom Nand + data OnExt, and in some application, like Facebook (from market), if i get i want to see one group, for example, the app close down (black and out). App like, Airdroid, if i go to setting he shuts down. and others apps, like dolphin, or the default browser.. :\

What i can see, seems that when is "processing" the programs close down.

Sorry for my bad English, i wish you can understand the problem.

Edit: Clk instaltion with 2 GB EXT4 cluster default / SWAP 256 MB / the rest FAT32 cluster default , Sandisk , 8gb , class uhc

Last edited:

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

Hi,

I installed, this rom Nand + data OnExt, and in some application, like Facebook (from market), if i get i want to see one group, for example, the app close down (black and out). App like, Airdroid, if i go to setting he shuts down. and others apps, like dolphin, or the default browser.. :\

Edit: Clk instaltion with 2 GB EXT4 cluster default / SWAP 256 MB / the rest FAT32 cluster default , Sandisk , 8gb , class uhc

what is the size from your recovery and cache? EXT4?

pixelfreak

kakashiii

Feb 13, 2010
Braga
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashiii
Hi,

what is the size from your recovery and cache? EXT4?

pixelfreak

hi, the size that you say "install Recovery with 360 MB System and 5 MB Cache" , clk , 360 , 5mb. And the sd, formated with partition wizard. ext 4, 2gb

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had always thought that were the same thing or that they are both required if I want to increase RAM amount. I have always used together since 2.3.7 ROMs.
    So what do you suggest?
    If I have a swap partition on my sd card, I need to do something to use it whit this ROM or it will be used atomatically?

Well....:D

zram and swap-partition are two different things.

If you activate zram then android will use parts of your internal ram as a kind of "zram-partition". Internal ram is a very fast memory, so zram-method is very fast, but makes internal ram smaller.

If you activate swap then your swap-partition on sd-card will be used in order to outsource parts of internal ram.

So you can enlarge your internal ram, but it is not like 500 mb internal ram + 300 mb swap = 800 mb ram.
    That's not true.

If you use swap-partition it depends on "Swappiness"-value how android will use swap.

For example:

Swappiness 30 means:

30 percent of all write actions into ram will be outcourced to swap-partition and 70 percent of all other write actions will be written on internal ram.

Swappiness 100 means:

Nearly nothing will be written on internal ram any more, all write actions will be outcourced to swap-partition.
    I said "nearly" because some little things will be written on internal ram further on.
    If you have a very fast sd-card - you can speed up your phone with this method.

The decition between zram and swap depends on how you are using your phone.

If you have a fast sd-card you can use swap-partition if your sd-card is slow - then zram is better for you.

If there are running many apps in background that must stay in background like antivirus-apps, whatsapp, taskkillers and so on,
    i prefer using a swap partition instead of zram.

If you do not run many apps in background and if your are only using those playstore apps like games and so on that will be started and after using them they can be ended and erased out of memory by androids internal memory manager, then your system might be a little bit snappier by using zram.

I use a 64gb sandisk extreme sd-card and swap-partition / swappiness 100. This speeds up my system a little bit. no zram.

If you are using pixeldroids rom, then nos-injection-script activates zram automatically. if you want to use swap an no zram - you have to
    erase those lines out of init.d-script "nos-injection-4cylturbo" :

# KERNEL zRAM ================
    #=============================
    #
    # This will only work if your kernel supports zRAM!
    # so your kernel DOES NOT have zRAM? Then this script won't work!!!

echo "1" > /sys/block/zram0/reset
    echo $((60*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
    mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    swapon /dev/block/zram0

After that you have to activate swap-partition.

If you installed pixelfreaks rom, then you were able to activate swap in aroma-installer during your installation of your rom.

If you activated swapping in aroma - then only erase those lines above in nos-injections-script and finished.

If you didn't activate swapping in aroma, you have to activate it manually by using playstore-app "swapper" or by using an
    init.d-script.

you can extract init.d-script "99swap" out of pixelfreaks rom-zip-file and put it into system/etc/init.d in your rom on your phone.
    open script with a text-edior an set swappiness to value you decided.

set permissions to -rwxrwxrwx and reboot. Finished!!

Pixelfreaks nos-injection automatically sets readahead-value to 4096. This value runs with most sd-cards.

In my case it slows down my sd-card a little bit. My sd-card runs faster with readahead 6144. you have to try which value
    is best for your sd-card in order to speed your system a little bit up.
    if you have questions or problems with rom
    post them here not in the rom thread

failure to add the info below will result in your question not being answered untill you add the below info to your post

when posting about a problem please include which install you used [nand, dataonext or nativesd]
    which bootloader you are using [clk or magldr]
    and what partition size you used if its a nand or dataonext install
    and any relevant information you can think of ::: for instance..[i installed poweramp and my problem started
    this is a small tutorial on how i flash this rom
    first off i have a 430 system partiton and a 4 gig ext 4 partition
    i also use Kokotas black clk 1.5.1.9 and CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
    and i use the dataonext install method

first thing i do is do a backup of the rom i have on my phone
    then i move the rom zip to my sdcard
    i then go into mounts and storage and
    format boot
    format cache
    format data
    format system
    format sd-ext

be carefull not to format sdcard

i then got into install zip from sd card then choose zip from sdcard
    then i pick the rom zip and and go thru the setup on aroma and choose the things i want to install
    when it finishes i reboot and let it sit at the lockscreen for 5 minutes
    then i go thru the setup and add my gmail account
    when its done with the setup stuff i once again let the phone sit for 5 minutes
    then i reboot one more time and begin fully setting up the phone the way i like it

i add alot of modded stuff to my phone for testing and regular use
    and the way i posted above has never failed me

link for CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419733

link to kokotas blk clk
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tzg7whl9wwaih
    re

I translate through Google translator ... I do not understand: Confused: ... Could you just give a link?

kameirus have two links in the second post for the Recovery´s

pixelfreak
    HI, thank you for your work
    I've installed the rom< it worked fine at first , but now it keeps freezing and rebooting
    data on ext, system 400, cash 10, mgloader, ext 2gb, swap 256,
    what can I do to fix it?
    thank you

i have this rom on clk with a 425 partition data on ext with a 4 gig ext and no swap
    and its running smooth and fast i had one hot reboot while changing a theme
    but havent had one since and its been like 3 weeks now

maybe try without swap