Need help, Streak reformats itself!

Search This thread

Sachincule

Apr 17, 2011
Hey guys, I've been getting this annoying message, atleast once a day for the past 4 days, after which my phone reformats itself and I loose all my contacts and apps, leaving me with no choice but setup my accounts all over again and then re-instal all the apps! It starts off with my apps slowly force closing itself (usually the maps first), then the frequency of fc's increases and the phone freezes completely after a while. I have 347 build running on my phone, would changing the build help my case? Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

This is the message I get when the phone is rebooting, after which it reformats itself.
------
/system/bin/e2fsck -u /dev/block/innersd0p6
File system check returned status 1024, e2fsck status was 4
Please send this unit to software development for debugging
Formatting your device to repair it, please don't remove battery.^[[1~
------

Any kind of help would be really helpful, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Fazziebear

Jul 26, 2010
No idea what the problem is.......however if I was you I think the message is saying take it back to the shop.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

alperin1

Nov 30, 2010
Kinda seems like your internal SD card may be bad. Either replace it or send the unit in for repair

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Sachincule

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions :)

I'll be taking it back to dell in a few days, lets see what they can do..

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
Any update on this?, there seems to be something fishy with 2.2.2 update

What exactly are you trolling for in various forums?

If you are asking if there is a large amount of problems with the Streak 2.2.2 update, I would have to say no. I have seen few reports of any. There were reports of some Streaks having issues with the internal sd card being bad.

So - AFAIK nothing fishy.

cyruspy

Mar 8, 2011
What exactly are you trolling for in various forums?

If you are asking if there is a large amount of problems with the Streak 2.2.2 update, I would have to say no. I have seen few reports of any. There were reports of some Streaks having issues with the internal sd card being bad.

So - AFAIK nothing fishy.

No trolling intended, was seeking for answers... Last night I went ahead and updated to 2.2.2, everything works fine so far...