[ROM][4.4.4] OmniROM - Stingray/Stingray_CDMA - bigPart

Search This thread

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010
Om.jpg

Omnirom 4.4.4 coming to a xoom near you!
This ROM is for stingray/stingray_cdma.
For the wingray ROM click here.
For the everest ROM click here.

Please only write stingray specific posts in this thread, meaning mobile data 4G/LTE and CDMA2000/3G specific.
For all general questions use the wingray ROM thread.. Thanks

Based on:

Download

Download GApps
One of these may be applied:
Note: Not fully tested.

Download Root
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

Download Deprecated

Install
  • You will need bigPart TWRP and execute the repartitioning as described in

Source

Prerequisites

Instructions
    1. Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.
    2. Put TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version and your desired rom on your microsd card.
    3. Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart.
    4. Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
      • Dalvik Cache
      • System
      • Cache
      • Data
      • Internal Storage
      and wipe them. Don't reboot just yet.
    5. Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". You can now follow the steps below, starting with Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-wingray-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip.
  • If updating from older ROM version in this thread, you don't have to wipe anything
  • If updating from an different rom, wipe
    • Dalvik Cache
    • System
    • Cache
    • Data
  • Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-everest-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip
  • Flash gapps-xxxx.zip
  • Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip
  • Reboot

Issues
  • Same graphic glitches like in any xoom 4.3 rom
  • Camera not working
  • Wifi not working
  • GPS not working
  • HW Videodecoding not working
  • "Unfortunately Messaging has stopped"
  • SDCard not mounted
  • "Unfortunately Simpsons Tapped Out has stopped"
  • In AudioDock, VolumeControl does not work
  • Emotions are not displayed in Emotionsselector.
  • No carrier is displayed on lockscreen
  • Selecting an alternative keyboard language crashes.
  • HDMI output not working.
  • Wallpaper selection crashes if no gapps are installed

Tips'N'Tricks
Show Developer and Performance settings
  • Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
  • Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number."
  • Tap it seven (7) times, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

Reduces lagging
  • Overclock to 1.4Ghz (Performance menu)
  • Decrease animation duration to .25 (Developer options menu)

Source
https://github.com/Schischu

Thanks

dreamcwli
DJNoXD
bubor
michie
flar2
Adler12
realjumy
rchtk
bigrushdog

Special thanks to everybody who donated, You guys rock!

Last edited:

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010
Changelog

The list below may not be up to date.
Check CHANGES for a more current and detailed changelog instead.

omni-4.4.2-20140106-1429+0100-stingray-HOMEMADE
- Update OmniROM "omnirom-4.4.2" from 6th of January 2014
- Add USB-OTG support

omni-4.4.2-20140105-2348+0100-stingray-HOMEMADE
- Update OmniROM "omnirom-4.4.2" from 5th of January 2014
- Add bigPart check to update.zip. Will assert if not bigPart TWRP
- Add OTA support

omni-4.4.2-20140103-1106+0100-stingray-HOMEMADE
- opengl no config fix (Simpsons Tapped out, ...) ... again ...

omni-4.4.2-20140102-1301+0100-stingray-HOMEMADE
- Update OmniROM "omnirom-4.4.2" from 2nd of January 2014
- Selecting an alternative keyboard language crashes fix

omni-4.4.2-20140101-1943+0100-everest-HOMEMADE
- Initial version

Last edited:
Reactions: BobRusso

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City

LanceSandino

Aug 19, 2010
installing as we speak :)

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

just installed on my stingray. so far so good.

no data, but its my xoom for some reason its not reading my sim cards

colklink14

Jan 13, 2008
Hi All,

I am not a developer, but have been flashing my way around for quite some time now,

I have a MZ600, I have been using the Stingray with EOS uneventfully for some time now.

I have tried a thousand different ways to get this installed, but every time I get "symlink errors"

I know the "bigpart" has been successful,

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Domunus

May 13, 2011
ROM installed successfully. After first boot i was getting a lot of android.phone.com force closes. After a reboot it occurred a few more times at start but has since stopped. I'm working on getting a logcat and will post it next time it crashes. But other than that, so far so good!!! Everything else seems to be working great aside from that and the TTS crashes.

I used PA Gapps full.
LTE is working

Thank you Schischu and the rest of the developers assisting on this project from Omni Rom and BigPart!

Kaiya_FL

Mar 30, 2011
Is there any difference between this and the Wingray version other than the 4G/LTE radio support? I have a Stingray and don't use cellular data service so I have the wingray ROM installed currently. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

The ROM rocks :laugh: :good:

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City

Domunus

May 13, 2011
Is there any difference between this and the Wingray version other than the 4G/LTE radio support? I have a Stingray and don't use cellular data service so I have the wingray ROM installed currently. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

The ROM rocks :laugh: :good:

There is no difference other than the radios and the options in settings referring to the cellular service.

Reactions: Kaiya_FL

chrisharmful

Aug 24, 2010
Anaheim

kentedman

Mar 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
Looking at your log I see lots and lots of xposed errors. Did you install xposed framework?

I did. I can do a wipe and clean install this evening and send you a new log. The com.phone FC's were happening before xposed. Its interesting how the errors vary. On one boot they will happen non-stop and then on another boot I may only get one or two and then no problems at all. It seems very random.

But beyond the phone errors its running great!!
Thanks again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010
Ah true, I didn't see the phone error above earlier.
Code:
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.phone, PID: 10101
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.internal.telephony.IccCardApplicationStatus$AppType
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.motorola.motosimuihelper.ShowSimStatusActivity.checkSimStatus(ShowSimStatusActivity.java:169)
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.motorola.motosimuihelper.ShowSimStatusActivity.onCreate(ShowSimStatusActivity.java:104)
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5231)

Ok I will check this out.

Edit:
Ok lets try this
Download
http://duckbox.info/android/MotoSimUiHelper.apk

I hope you are familiar with adb.
Push file to device
adb push MotoSimUiHelper.apk /sdcard/

Open shell to device
adb shell
Enter on adb shell following
su
If you have supersu installed you will get a popup on your device screen, if not it will just work
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /sdcard/MotoSimUiHelper.apk /system/app/
reboot

And if we are lucky it will work :)

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisharmful

soccertolive

Feb 14, 2008
Code:
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.phone, PID: 10101
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.android.internal.telephony.IccCardApplicationStatus$AppType
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.motorola.motosimuihelper.ShowSimStatusActivity.checkSimStatus(ShowSimStatusActivity.java:169)
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.motorola.motosimuihelper.ShowSimStatusActivity.onCreate(ShowSimStatusActivity.java:104)
01-02 19:02:14.847 10101 10101 E AndroidRuntime: 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5231)

Edit:
Ok lets try this
Download

Push file to device

Open shell to device
adb shell
su
If you have supersu installed you will get a popup on your device screen, if not it will just work
reboot

GREAT ROM!!! Thank you for keeping the XOOM alive!

I just tried the following and it didnt work. Well let me rephrase, it worked because it got rid of the messages but it did not work because now I am not getting signal. Before trying this, i was getting the error messages but I had full LTE signal. Now, it only displays signal for about 1-2 seconds on initial boot (when im sitting on the lockscreen), and then it goes away. Also everytime I go into and try to select "LTE" as the Preferred Network Type, it always defaults to "3G" when I exit the "Mobile Networks" menu option. Under "About>System Status":

- Signal "-105dBm"
- Network type "LTE"
- Service State "In service"
- Mobile Network State "Disconnected"

I don't know it this has anything to do with it but I have not actually bought a plan on the SIM card. Before on EOS rom, I could pull up browser at any time and get the VZW activation page at any time when on LTE. Now I just get the "No Internet" page.....

Screenshot of state:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxB_hwSUaC9YZUdxazh2MXlJZGc/edit?usp=sharing
Logfile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxB_hwSUaC9YaF9CaGVJU3VUcGM/edit?usp=sharing

Domunus

May 13, 2011
I keep getting the com.android.phone error and I cannot connect to any mobile network. I've tried putting it into airplane mode, pulling the sim card, no go.

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was able to get passed the FC's by simply rebooting. It would still come up with a few more FC's at first but the FC's stop completely after that and the mobile network works fine. I did not do anything special between reboots. Hope that helps you until they fix the actual issue.

I'm going to try Schischu's possible fix to see if i get the same issue as soccertolive as i do have an active mobile plan.

chrisharmful

Aug 24, 2010
Anaheim
I was able to get passed the FC's by simply rebooting. It would still come up with a few more FC's at first but the FC's stop completely after that and the mobile network works fine. I did not do anything special between reboots. Hope that helps you until they fix the actual issue.

I'm going to try Schischu's possible fix to see if i get the same issue as soccertolive as i do have an active mobile plan.

I rebooted several times and still got the error and no signal. Please let us know if the fox works and what happens.

Domunus

May 13, 2011
Code:

Edit:
Ok lets try this
Download

Push file to device

Open shell to device
adb shell
su
reboot

This worked for me. No further FC's upon boot and data is working with LTE fine. The settings do show 3g preferred and LTE preferred will not stick; however my signal shows 4G. Ran a speedtest and i'm receiving 10MB/s up and 10MB/s down.

Reactions: Schischu

Schischu

Feb 18, 2010
The problem is that the 4g/lte apks from motorola and verizon are closed source.
So for every bug you guys find I have to fixup the apks by "optimizing" the smali code.

So you guys will probably have to live with a few quirks. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Om.jpg

Omnirom 4.4.4 coming to a xoom near you!
    This ROM is for stingray/stingray_cdma.
    For the wingray ROM click here.
    For the everest ROM click here.

Please only write stingray specific posts in this thread, meaning mobile data 4G/LTE and CDMA2000/3G specific.
    For all general questions use the wingray ROM thread.. Thanks

Based on:

Download

Download GApps
    One of these may be applied:
    Note: Not fully tested.

Download Root
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip

Download Deprecated

Install
    • You will need bigPart TWRP and execute the repartitioning as described in

Source

Prerequisites

Instructions
      1. Your data will be totally wiped! If you have Nandroids, TitaniumBackups, or anything of any value on your internal storage, copy them to your microsd or computer! They will be gone forever! Your microsd card is the only safe haven on your Xoom during this process.
      2. Put TWRP 2.6.3.0 BigPart version and your desired rom on your microsd card.
      3. Reboot into recovery. Flash TWRP BigPart.
      4. Reboot into recovery. Go into wipe menu. Select "Advanced Wipe". Check
        • Dalvik Cache
        • System
        • Cache
        • Data
        • Internal Storage
        and wipe them. Don't reboot just yet.
      5. Go into install. Recovery should show your microsd storage by default. If not, using the navigation panel, navigate to root then go into "sdcard". You can now follow the steps below, starting with Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-wingray-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip.
    • If updating from older ROM version in this thread, you don't have to wipe anything
    • If updating from an different rom, wipe
      • Dalvik Cache
      • System
      • Cache
      • Data
    • Flash omni-4.4.2-201XXXXX-everest-HOMEMADE_XXXX.zip
    • Flash gapps-xxxx.zip
    • Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip
    • Reboot

Issues
    • Same graphic glitches like in any xoom 4.3 rom
    • Camera not working
    • Wifi not working
    • GPS not working
    • HW Videodecoding not working
    • "Unfortunately Messaging has stopped"
    • SDCard not mounted
    • "Unfortunately Simpsons Tapped Out has stopped"
    • In AudioDock, VolumeControl does not work
    • Emotions are not displayed in Emotionsselector.
    • No carrier is displayed on lockscreen
    • Selecting an alternative keyboard language crashes.
    • HDMI output not working.
    • Wallpaper selection crashes if no gapps are installed

Tips'N'Tricks
    Show Developer and Performance settings
    • Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
    • Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number."
    • Tap it seven (7) times, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

Reduces lagging
    • Overclock to 1.4Ghz (Performance menu)
    • Decrease animation duration to .25 (Developer options menu)

Source
    https://github.com/Schischu

Thanks

dreamcwli
    DJNoXD
    bubor
    michie
    flar2
    Adler12
    realjumy
    rchtk
    bigrushdog

Special thanks to everybody who donated, You guys rock!

The problem is that the 4g/lte apks from motorola and verizon are closed source.
    So for every bug you guys find I have to fixup the apks by "optimizing" the smali code.

So you guys will probably have to live with a few quirks. ;)
    I think I missed something.... Now every time I restart it, I get the message about encryption/data failed to reboot and factory reset, but that fails as well... any suggestions??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1) you didn't use bigPart TWRP
    2) you didn't specifically format Data

Sent from my Xoom
    I tried that too...i found that I had to reflash everything.

I found that the 1/5 version seems to have fixed my wallpaper issue... sorry for the late post... been a busy day first Monday back to work. :( Nice job devs!
    Ok lets try this
    Download

Push file to device

Open shell to device
    adb shell
    su
    reboot

@Schischu. Confirmed. Your updated motosim file works great. No FC at all. Amazing work.

Sent from my Xoom LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Thanks so much for the AWESOME job! :) I'm really impressed, and working pretty well! I do have a couple of bugs to report... as some others have reported as well...

1.) When my 4G/LTE SIM is inserted, I constantly get the error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"... when switching from Wifi to LTE, or just booting up with my SIM inserted, etc... and the only way I can get it to stop is to eject the SIM card. :( When it is inserted and has a 4G signal, I am able to use the network... so that part is amazing!

2.) I tried to change my wallpaper, but I immediately got the errors "Unfortunately, Launcher3 has stopped", and "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped". I tried loading Nova to get around the launcher error, but it does the same exact thing. :(

Keep up the good work. Feeling very much in Alpha-land right now... so, I'm really looking forward to loading regular builds!

-Mike

Use the fix above for the phone errors and I'm using Nova Launcher with no problems at all (including wallpaper)

Sent from my Xoom LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app