[Q] G2 Brick during 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

damagehands

Apr 23, 2014
My phone went off while i was asleep this morning, and i accidentally hit the "Update Now" button for the 4.4.2 update. I was rooted, so of course it bricked. I'm stuck in CWM with no custom rom, my computer doesn't recognize the VS980 drivers (even after installing) and i'm at my wits end!
ADB doesnt recognize the device either, by the way.

If there was ANY way my computer could "see" my phone i could sideload a custom rom and force through this bootloop... any help?

I have also tried the Hard Reset, wiping every cache, and factory resets to no avail...

Last edited:

BAYOUREBEL

Nov 21, 2011
Me too

I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.

damagehands

Apr 23, 2014
I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.

if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.

BAYOUREBEL

Nov 21, 2011
They tried that at Verizon store

if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.

It did not do anything for them so they are sending me a replacement under warranty. I would try it with them it dont hurt to try. I thought I read somewhere that rooting does not void warranty but maybe im wrong. Good luck

JJT211

Mar 13, 2012
I had same exact problem. See thread below

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2451696

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.

cmaag

May 30, 2010
I had same exact problem. See thread below

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2451696

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.

link is dead

Top Liked Posts