Setting Go dialer as default dialer?

Search This thread
I hope that I am posting this in the correct sub-forum...

I installed go dialer on my rooted evo and set it on my launcher pro dock. Though it seems when I receive a phone call, it comes through myn's warmm 2.2 dialer instead of go dialer. When I go to settings>apps>manage>dialer, the clear defaults button is grayed out.

I was not asked to set the default dialer when i opened go dialer, and do not see any options in go dialer's settings to fix this.

What do?
Thanks.
:)

jeffm922

Mar 30, 2011
Colorado
try this... goto menu-settings-applications-all applications then find the stock dialer, click it, and then if you can, click on the "clear defaults" button, that should stop the phone from thinking that the stock dialer is the default one, and prompt you on which dialer you want to use when u hit the phone button

EDIT: sorry re-read the post... and see that u have already tried that....so if you go to ur app list... and click godialer. it doesn't ask you if you want the default. are you sure that your shortcut is pointed to go dialer?

Last edited:

awesomeindeed

Apr 28, 2008
Chicago Suburbs
The "incoming call" feature is a part of the sense dialer. It won't go away. You only use Go Dialer to make outgoing calls and look through your call history pretty much. If you're referring to after a phone call it drops you back into the sense dialer, that's unavoidable at this point as far as I know with Go Dialer.

thegregbradley

Aug 20, 2010
If you're referring to after a phone call it drops you back into the sense dialer, that's unavoidable at this point as far as I know with Go Dialer.

I don't have any experience with go dialer and sense, but in Salvage-Mod it drops me back to Go Dialer after a call (it asked me once and I set it to the default).

But otherwise, in call, my screen is the AOSP gingerbread dialer, I don't think Go Dialer even has an in-call screen.

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
I fixed it by using the paid version of "Not Call Log" and Go Dialer.

Nothing else worked. I tried all the free versions of the 'fixes' and they all stopped working or only had partial success.

Man, the stock Streak dialer is one UGLY beast. Bleh!

It was worth $1.00 to me.

Reactions: davidow

DrELM

May 3, 2009
Baki
Select "Contacts" instead of "Dialer" in Settings > Applications > All
Clcik "Clear defaults" then go home and press dial button.

petersteier

Aug 9, 2010
Select "Contacts" instead of "Dialer" in Settings > Applications > All
Clcik "Clear defaults" then go home and press dial button.

I fear this is wrong; the "Clear defaults" button is dimmed here also on my 2.3.6 Samsung Galaxy Note. Did you try it out? Additionally, it sound like it would only apply to outgoing calls, not to incoming calls!

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
I hope that I am posting this in the correct sub-forum...

I installed go dialer on my rooted evo and set it on my launcher pro dock. Though it seems when I receive a phone call, it comes through myn's warmm 2.2 dialer instead of go dialer. When I go to settings>apps>manage>dialer, the clear defaults button is grayed out.

I was not asked to set the default dialer when i opened go dialer, and do not see any options in go dialer's settings to fix this.

What do?
Thanks.
:)
I have the same problem so I ended going back to MikMik 3.11 rom flashed inverted theme and then installed ADW Launcher with ICS theme and then V6 supercharge, my Evo 4G is super responsive and fast.

Also I think since I'm using ADW Launcher as default the Sence framework does not load so you cannot get many of their widgets. I get similar widgets I use HD widgets, Pro Widget.

ICS roms are becoming much more stable now but the camera issue and no 4G are always the reason I go back to MikMik 3.11/Anthrax kernel. All I need from ISC rom is the email widget but have not been able to find any similar ones in the market.

So try MikMik 3.11 then use a different launcher.
If this help click Thank you button, I only have 1 so far.

OK Later.

davidow

Sep 30, 2010
Houston Tx
it worked for me

Nothing else worked. I tried all the free versions of the 'fixes' and they all stopped working or only had partial success.

thanks it work for me... most of the time i drive with phone on landscape mode go dialer have this feature same as cyanogedmod 7.2 dialer but with themes from market.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.