[Q] How Can I flash an Official European Rom on my Desire S???

Search This thread

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
I just got my Desire S couple days ago from Singapore but from what I understand, it has an Indian IMEI and only the Indian English available for setup.

Is it possible to flash one of the European ROMs on the device? My build number is 1.31.720.2

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Or Once you have ran the RUU you will find a PG***.zip file in temp folder, copy that to your SD-Card and boot into bootloader and hopefully it should auto detect it.

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
I created the gold card but when I try to flash the 1.28.401.1 european rom over the current 1.31.720.2 rom that I have on this phone, I get the following error.

SP32-20110502-143922.jpg

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Where is this temporary folder located exactly?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\

There should be folder in there with random numbers and letters and another folder of the same type in there also. Within that you should find a file called ROM.zip Copy that to your goldcard and rename it to PG88DIAG.zip or PG32IMG.zip
Not sure if it will work... fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Check the first folder, there should be another folder in that too, within that should be the ROM.zip.
NOTE. Have this window open and run the ruu, when it asks you to connect the phone check the temp folder above a new folder would have been created with long numbers/letters as above and in that there should be a similar folder. Within this folder you will find the ROM.zip. DONT CLOSE THE RUU INSTALLER BEFORE YOU COPY THE ROM.ZIP or it will delete the temp folder!

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
Just like you said, there is another folder within the first folder but, the folder that is there is empty.

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
I can't seem to find what I am looking for.
Switching to Details view in Explorer and sorting the items by date usually works best, just look for the newest folder.

(Also, there's a simple shortcut for the temp folder: %temp%, just use it like this in Start/Run or Explorer).

Dodolom

Apr 26, 2010
Cleveland
See, when I chose details, the newest folder is from 2.34pm , my local time, which is the first time I did the goldcard. I just did the goldcard procedure again 20 minutes ago which would make it 6pm my local time but there is no folder created for that. Interesting....

Maybe I should try to make this gold card again.

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
If the folders empty it means youve closed the installer!
Dont close the installer or it will delete all installation files included the rom.
Besides theres no guarantee that this will work tho?
Try empting your temp folder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    successfully downgraded from 1.31 to 1.28 with goldcard and psneuter, used this tutorial for the DHD, instead of
    ./misc_version -s 1.31.405.6
    i have used
    ./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6
    I would suggest that it is an issue with your goldcard.... use the memory card that came with the phone. Install Goldcard helper from market, use the CID for MMC2 as Android SDK never reports the right one for me. This number has already been reversed, so create the goldcard img on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard then using Gold Card Tool flash your img file to your phones SD card via the phones USB cable.... should be job done. While the cable is connected copy the PG88img.zip to the root directory of the SD card. Turn off fast boot, power off, power on with Vol Down and wait for progress.