MiniCM7-2.1.9 lets free up some space and memory.

Search This thread

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
I usually delete the following items...

DSPmanager "free's quite a bit of memory"
GenieWiget "since the buttons in the status bar do it all anyway"
Google quick search bar.

But i'm sure there's more i could get rid of.
What else can we remove without destroying stability?

Reactions: kiki6639

bojler

Dec 23, 2010
i always delete this items in .zip before flashing minicm. of course, you can delete those apps if you have already flashed rom. just use: a) titanium backup and delete them there, OR b) use root explorer and navigate to system/apps and remove unwanted apps.

androidian - 4MB - useless theme for me, which even isnt ldpi
applicationsProvider - Fetches the list of applications installed on the phone to provide search suggestions.
browser - 320 kb - really bad browser, i use dolphin browser hd
calculator - i use realcalc
cmstats
cmupdatenotify
cmwallpapers - 2,5MB
cyanbread - 3,6 MB also useless theme
dspmanager - always drains battery in background, and i really havent see any difference in playing music with it
email -1,5 MB - there are better alternatives
file manager - i use rootexplorer
gallery - use quickpic app instead, it's amazing and super fast
htmlviewer
latinime - 13 MB - i dont use this keyboard, its really too hard to use it on our devices, when you delete it, automatically is used standard multitap sony keyboard
livewallpapers - 3,8 MB if you dont use them you can delete this too
livewallpaperspicker
orangehaze - 1,7 MB - also, i don't use this theme
pacman - i think that this app asks you which gapps you want to install on first boot
picotts - text to speech
protips - that annoying android guy what is providing you tips on first boot after flashing
userdictionary provider - needeed for latin ime
quicksearchbox 1,0 MB - i also dont use this, on mini pro, when opening keyboard on launcher, that search box launches.
soundrecorder - also, i use different apps for this purpose
voice dial
voice search
vpn services

there are more apps that can safely be removed, this is just my standard 'setup'.
at start, rom was about 90,5 MB in size, and after removing this apps got to 66,9 MB.

Last edited:

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
look my system free memory ^^

Sent from my E10i using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330005427143.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330005427143.png
    72 KB · Views: 891

ttocs99

That picots thing lol txt to speech fotakill voice dialer all the themes I dont use any and the tts folder with all the languages can go thers a few more but I forgot. 84mb free memory woop woop lol ive tryd to screen shot to prove I have 84mb free but it wont let me upload

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
i always delete this items in .zip before flashing minicm

browser - 320 kb - really bad browser, i use dolphin browser
cmstats
cmupdatenotify
cmwallpapers - 2,5MB
dspmanager - always drains battery in background, and i really havent see any difference in playing music with it
latinime - 13 MB - i dont use this keyboard, its really too hard to use it on our devices, when you delete it, automatically is used standard multitap sony keyboard
livewallpaperspicker
protips - that annoying android guy what is providing you tips on first boot after flashing
quicksearchbox 1,0 MB - i also dont use this, on mini pro, when opening keyboard on launcher, that search box launches.

there are more apps that can safely be removed, this is just my standard 'setup'.
at start, rom was about 90,5 MB in size, and after removing this apps got to 66,9 MB.
I also delete all of them, more picotts and fotakill,without problems.

rafik23

May 3, 2011
annaba
hi
for me i deodex the rom (app and framework)

the original rom of MiniCM 7 2.1.9 conatains around 152 Mb when deodexed Around 133 Mb ,and remove some themes like androdian , cyanbread , orangehaze , adding google apps and some other apps it takes only around 146 Mb , on system i have 55.2 m free

Attachments

• screenshot-1330190241940.png
    screenshot-1330190241940.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

nosoyted

Dec 29, 2011
Its possible delete components after flashing. Like unistall this apps or themes?

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
the best performance of my mini right now!!!
i used to delete all the apps suggested by pedrocel in his optimal config thread... but now I also deletted more apps mentioned here, I also made the partition (512mb) and swap(256mb) to my sd (8gb class 6), using Ram Manager pro in Balance (more free memory) mode...
And now Im having 50-70 mb free in Ram memory!! with Ondemand governor, 122-691mhz... My mini flies!!!!!!!!
Thx to all people who contributes to this forum keeping our minis being so cool for long time!!!
:D

Reactions: vanAraen

nosoyted

Dec 29, 2011
Thx for the help I erased all the unused apps. Oc to 729. And my x10 is really fast now.

blackkzero

May 6, 2011
thanks for this thread. I use to delete some things, and always wonder about the ones that I don't need. Now, I know :)

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Hi people!as i said in a previous post I'm really happy with this thread because my phone is now better than ever. But i was wondering one thing. Do you think it would be possible to delete adw launcher if u have other launcher? I'm using Zeam launcher...,Has anyone tried? Now titanium backup says i have 65 mb of free Ram, if it was possible it would be even more! Haha madness for freedom of Ram...

ttocs99

Hi people!as i said in a previous post I'm really happy with this thread because my phone is now better than ever. But i was wondering one thing. Do you think it would be possible to delete adw launcher if u have other launcher? I'm using Zeam launcher...,Has anyone tried? Now titanium backup says i have 65 mb of free Ram, if it was possible it would be even more! Haha madness for freedom of Ram...

Yes u can but your going to have to instal zeam to system/app because if u delete adw then instal zeam from market then fine but if you factory reset then zeam wil b gon and uve alredy deleted adw so itl boot up with no launcher and al u wil have is a black screen then ul have to do a restore so becareful wat ya doing :)

Reactions: yomiguy

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Yes u can but your going to have to instal zeam to system/app because if u delete adw then instal zeam from market then fine but if you factory reset then zeam wil b gon and uve alredy deleted adw so itl boot up with no launcher and al u wil have is a black screen then ul have to do a restore so becareful wat ya doing :)

Of course!I didn't see it from that point. Thx man, but how could i install in system? Could u help me? in the meanwhile, if i don't do factory reset i won't have trouble booting with only zeam, will I? In that case if I need factory reset i could reflash the ROM and adw and the whole stuff would be there, don't u think? :) however i think I'm going to try because I've deleted three more things i couldn't find before like androidian and cyanbread themes, and Latinime and i reached 85mb of free ram according to titanium backup :)
However if u could answer my questions i would appreciate it

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Hi people! I think I've reached my maximum! I've deleted everything mentioned here, in Pedrocell optimal configuration thread and everything i thought wasn't dangerous ;-) like adw launcher having other launcher installed in inside memory, useless themes mentioned here, cm notifications, cm stats, pro tips, setup wizard (which is only used the first time u run the ROM)... I suggest u to see everything u have going through the copy restore menu of titanium backup and carefully uninstall all u won't need... This is my result! ;-)

Attachments

• screenshot-1330677214957.png
    screenshot-1330677214957.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 191

ttocs99

Of course!I didn't see it from that point. Thx man, but how could i install in system? Could u help me? in the meanwhile, if i don't do factory reset i won't have trouble booting with only zeam, will I? In that case if I need factory reset i could reflash the ROM and adw and the whole stuff would be there, don't u think? :) however i think I'm going to try because I've deleted three more things i couldn't find before like androidian and cyanbread themes, and Latinime and i reached 85mb of free ram according to titanium backup :)
However if u could answer my questions i would appreciate it

Ive deleted all of that stuff and I have the same free mem 85mb and to get zeam into system/app u have to download zeam from a diffrent source than the market I cant post links because of xdas rules then with root explorer copy and paste zeam to system/app then change permissions to 755 wich is tick all the boxes on left hand side and on top line tick the middle one then exit then reboot
BUT before u delete adw make sure it boots proplery with zeam installed just to be on the safe side hope this helps ya pal ;-)

Reactions: yomiguy

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Ive deleted all of that stuff and I have the same free mem 85mb and to get zeam into system/app u have to download zeam from a diffrent source than the market I cant post links because of xdas rules then with root explorer copy and paste zeam to system/app then change permissions to 755 wich is tick all the boxes on left hand side and on top line tick the middle one then exit then reboot
BUT before u delete adw make sure it boots proplery with zeam installed just to be on the safe side hope this helps ya pal ;-)

Thx mate! But i could not wait and i tried different way which works perfectly, it boots well and i would say faster... I uninstalled zeam after coping it with titanium,i went to cm settings, apps, unticked allow move apps, ticked install in inside memory, ran titanium and restored zeam.later i uninstall adw, rebooted my phone and everything is ok! ;-) anyway thx a lot for your help... Now our phone is a missile! :) and I'm using Swype beta again because i love it but it consumed too much ram, Now it doesn't matter any more! And fruit ninja and other games are running really smooth, and all the phone in general...
Don't give me an iPhone,i keep my mini!
:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i always delete this items in .zip before flashing minicm. of course, you can delete those apps if you have already flashed rom. just use: a) titanium backup and delete them there, OR b) use root explorer and navigate to system/apps and remove unwanted apps.

applicationsProvider - Fetches the list of applications installed on the phone to provide search suggestions.
    browser - 320 kb - really bad browser, i use dolphin browser hd
    cmstats
    cmupdatenotify
    cmwallpapers - 2,5MB
    gallery - use quickpic app instead, it's amazing and super fast
    htmlviewer
    livewallpaperspicker
    pacman - i think that this app asks you which gapps you want to install on first boot
    picotts - text to speech
    userdictionary provider - needeed for latin ime
    voice dial
    voice search
    vpn services

can u post me the link to the thread on partitioning sd card n swap? n also the risks involves and advantages if u dun mind too explain :p

the advantage is to be able to install lots of apps in your phone, and I've also seen more free Ram too when deleting all the system apps usless mentioned in this thread... risks... maybe harm the sd card or phone, but as always when touching it :p however I risked and now its better than ever...
    try to follow this instructions...
    1) As we are going to partition our sd card we'll lose all apps and files related to the rom, so we'll have to reflash it again after the process... So make a backup of your apps (with titanium backup), of your messages, contacts...
    2) Before partitioning the sd card you must format it, as it is recomended before flashing any rom... I use sd formatter in my PC... Look for it in google, you'll find it... maybe in softonic.
    3)After formatting your sd card, insert it in your phone and boot it into cwm recovery by pressing back button when na logo shows.
    4)In cwm menu, advance, look for partition and swap sd card... there I set 512 mb for ext partition and 256 for swap. Let it go. And when its finished turn off your phone.
    5)Now put the last minicm zip file and gaaps in your sd card as always to flash the rom, and flash it as you always do.
    6)when you have your phone on, go to cm settings, performance, a2sd (it should say none), activate it, then go back to cm settings again, applications, tick allow move apps, move to external memory.
    7)After that go to "terminal" app, write "free" and enter, and swap and partitions will be activated... If you want to be sure go again to cm settings, performance, and you must see a2sd not saing none.
    8)Now try installing apps from market or restoring from titanium backup and there in titanium you will see your extsd memory getting full of your new apps.
    9)I suggest you before installing an ap which you want to have a widget untick allow move apps, and set move to internal, because if you dont do it when booting this widgets wont show... if you install them inside there will be no problem. The same for any launcher different from adw launcher, if you want to have another one, install it in the internal memory doing what i told you, otherway when booting you will see adw instead of your new launcher (as I told you I suggest zeam launcher better than go, go eats too much memory, and go notifications also)
    10)Finally to improve your Ram memory I suggest you to uninstall via titanium backup all the useless apps mentioned here from system and you will see in the main page of titanium back up increasing your ram memory... Furthermore use ram manager pro, in the "Balance(more free memory)" mode, and you can have from 40 to 80 free mb of ram, depending on how many apps you have opened...
    I hope to be useful!!
    Oh!! I have to say thanks to Ferotakis and all the people who help me before to help you now... ;)
    I usually delete the following items...

DSPmanager "free's quite a bit of memory"
    GenieWiget "since the buttons in the status bar do it all anyway"
    Google quick search bar.

But i'm sure there's more i could get rid of.
    What else can we remove without destroying stability?
    Its possible delete components after flashing. Like unistall this apps or themes?

of course!! in fact i do it with titanium backup... in copy/restore it will show u also much of this useless system apps so u can unistall them there
    EDIT: can be deleted after the rom is installed, because if you delete before (in your pc) the update.zip is not recognized in cwm

Can be deleted before installing the ROM. I am always deleting all ringtones in "media/audio/ringtones" and adding new ones that i like and i never had any problems.

I am always deleting following apps before installing ROM: ADWLauncher.apk (replaced by zeam), Androidian.apk (theme), AndroidTerm.apk (emulator), Calculator.apk, Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk (i don't use calendar on this phone), Cyanbread.apk (theme), CMWallpapers.apk, Development.apk, DSPManager.apk, Email.apk, FileManager.apk, Gallery3D.apk, LiveWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, MiniCM7.apk (theme), Music.apk (later download from market), OrangeHaze.apk (theme), QuickSearchBox.apk, SoundRecorder.apk, SpareParts.apk, ThemeChooser.apk, ThemeManager.apk, Torch.apk, VisualizationWallpapers.apk, VoiceDialer.apk.
    some more apps can be deleted before installing ROM, and for me its always better to delete unnecessary apps, before instaling ROM, but some apps can be deleted only after installing ROM
    And i never had any problems with MiniCM7-2.1.9 since first install, but now i moved to XMPTeam ROM V0.5