Help with updating

Search This thread

Bryan211

Oct 25, 2010
So I have recently been receiving a notification about updating my phone, which I have been avoiding for a while. My phone is the Samsung Vibrant, and it is rooted. I am a nooby to this whole hacking and rooting scene being that this is my first Android phone. I am using the Vibrant9 ROM from Eugene373.

What I want to know is: what happens if I update my phone? will I need to re-root it and get the rom again? will all of my applications get erased? If so, is there a way around this?

Please don't flame me.

lhieug

Nov 2, 2010
www.lightake.com
There are a special program in your phone.
This will likely void your warranty, and you should do this at your own risk. We take no responsibility if you turn your Vibrant into a paperweight.

This method will allow you to give root access to root-only applications. There are currently no custom ROMs for the device yet, so if that is what you’re looking for, you may want to wait it out a little longer until custom ROMs have been developed.

Soyou can get started:

1. Download this file and rename it to “update.zip”
2. On your Vibrant, go to Settings > Applications > USB Settings > and select Mass Storage.
3. Connect your Vibrant to your computer, and mount as a mass storage device by pulling down the notification bar at the top of the screen.
4. Back on your computer, look for a new drive.
5. Copy (drag and drop) the update.zip file to the Internal Storage.
6. Turn off the phone.
7. Hold down the volume up and down buttons while turning the Vibrant on, which will bring you to the recovery mode.
8. To navigate in Recovery, use volume up and down to move, and Power button to select. Select ‘Reinstall Packages“
9. After installed, your phone will reboot, and will have the Superuser app, as well as Busybox installed.
10. You’re Rooted!