[NIGHTLY][ROM][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Ace (HTC Desire HD & Inspire)

Search This thread

igor.tonky

Nov 9, 2009
Dnepropetrovsk
full wipe, no call drop/proximity issue here. 26.04.03.30 radio.

battery life is the same as cm6.1/PNK/crackflasher builds, if anyone's interested.

very nice work on GB, thanks Kali !

got a bug report here: 2g/3g switch in power widget switches to 2g fine, but doesn't switch to 3g, gets stuck in the process and doesn't respond after that.

it was working in gridlock's B#41, and broke in, at least, B#46. still broken.

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Hmm too bad the nightly has the lagging issue on my device again.
AFAIK none of the devs know the reason why it lags for some and for others not.
Ill try to "revert" to the LIBs from phunkycow to see if it fixes the lagging issue due to little cost of image quality...

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Hmm too bad the nightly has the lagging issue on my device again.
AFAIK none of the devs know the reason why it lags for some and for others not.
Ill try to "revert" to the LIBs from phunkycow to see if it fixes the lagging issue due to little cost of image quality...

Hell yeah! Quoting myself.
Copied over the LIBs to fix lagging issues, and works flawlessly. Now I have a smooth CM again :)

deadcookie

Nov 23, 2010
Munich
just installed everything :D
works perfect so far. had the connection issue and flashed nf-signed.zip -> works perfect.
no prox. issues over here :)

Walker Street

Nov 23, 2007
I gave MIUI a good try-out ... but now I'm back with CM7.

(Nb: The problems I was having with the dialer were not CM7's fault. I got the same problem with MIUI. It only went away once I did a full wipe and installed an HTC RUU WWE stock rom and re-rooted re-eng-hbooted the phone again ..... maybe I had a corrupted radio??)

Anyhow so far CM7 build #1 works perfectly, dialer included :D

chchang1

Dec 19, 2010
Can we plz have the htc fastboot or something?
Powering on in 4 seconds feels....so good XD

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

M

Mr_Bartek

Is there anyway to add a new Google account to the phone without wiping? I come from PNK14 and after flashing the nightly my phone doesn't show a Google account. I know wiping will fix it, but is there a method to do it without wipe?

hoebert

Dec 20, 2010
Is there anyway to add a new Google account to the phone without wiping? I come from PNK14 and after flashing the nightly my phone doesn't show a Google account. I know wiping will fix it, but is there a method to do it without wipe?

If gapps are still installed go to settings, accounts and synchonisation, add account.

docjb

Aug 4, 2010
Gmail is not installed with Gapps. Does anyone else have this issue?
Newest ClockwordMod Recovery

docjb

Aug 4, 2010
New gapps only includes market and synchronisation thing, you can download gmail from the market or find gapps with more apps included. :)

Market link is down. I guess that's why the installation failed, so I used adb to put gmail-2.3.2.apk to /system/app and now it's working. Thanks

ghostofcain

Nov 25, 2009
Birkenhead
Google Pixel 8
Which are you using there's 2 types a 13mb version which we were using on gridlocks builds and a 4mb version cm says to use with nightleys but to be onist I flashed the 13mb version into cm nightley 1 and it works perfect so try both

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

if you are coming over from gridlocks builds, you will probably get away without wiping (nothing to lose trying it) if so you don't need to flash a new gapps at all

Nilu23

Dec 5, 2010
Nordenham
Just noticed when i want to use "car home app" nothing happen except a car symbol in notification bar appears. Could someone else test this pls.

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is reserve for nightly build of CyanogenMod Rom for HTC Desire HD & Inspire

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    ** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.
    ** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
    ** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
    ** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
    ** cause of male impotence.

What are Nightly build? Auto compiled build of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported.
    If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Warning : Not for new user, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery 3.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps, after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Latest version: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=ace
    before flash is recommended to check the md5sum

CyanogenMod Enhancement:
    ChangeLog / Twitter
    Device specific ChangeLog by igor.tonky

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Feature Video from Flow-Wolf
    @Kali-
    Are you already working on CM9?
    What are your plans regarding ICS on DHD?

we are working on it

Android with 4.0 got hw accellerated ui, this require a new code which was published by Qualcomm few days ago, but it was made for their newer 3.0 kernel, some feature need to backported to 2.6.35 kernel (too many api changes for port forward)
    we have some patch to get an accellerated ui, but is bugged and lack GL support.

audio works, we have a wrapper to play with older lib, probably next week i will port all htc stuff to qcom audio source

camera probably well be a little tricky (i still have to check it)

gps gb works on ics too (no api chanes)

data and call is working
    sorry i didnt read the last pages. i guess the result stays the same. if power off works with google voice, drain is great.

i looked into the voice thing - and to make my own life more easy, i hacked a way into the driver to query power status.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/172299981/mad-#3-aic3254pd_signed.zip

i hope this link last longer as the dropbox link - you guys killed my dropbox account -.- yet nearly noone pressed the damn thanks button ):

i didnt find yet, why you need to use the microphone so power down works. i first thought about an error in the driver, but the driver seams okay - its probably connected to the second microphone of ace. like if not both are switched off, driver doesnt power down. needs more investigation.

get power status:

Code:
    [sven@frink xbin]$ adb shell aic3254pd status                            
    Power status of aic3254 chip: OFF

or in terminal on phone just

Code:
    localhost / # aic3254pd status
    Power status of aic3254 chip: OFF

like usual, flash this zip after any nightly - it changes the kernel now and add those 2 files. default kernel cannot keep track of power status and will show allways on (or off?)

i also set up some script files to easily generate new mad_signed.zip files without all the manual work.

i would like to see more feedback on when power off works, and when not. i started writing a widget, copied the home-screen-tips-widget for it, but it wont show up in lists of widgets - would be perfect to see the status of dsp chip on homescreen. on the other hand, once the problem is properly fixed, wont be needed anymore.

hope this keeps you up with some testing, we soon find out in which cases it wont power down, and finally fix the issue. hope the command line status query helps you as much as me...

regards
    mad

edit: oh, since this daemon costs about zero cpu power, i decreased power-off request form 60 seconds to 20 seconds...

edit2: changelog

#1: initial release
    #2: added kernel and status
    #3: addind missing wifi module of #2
    Battery drain issue:
    Desire HD only: Older Radio have know issue which drain faster on asleep
    26.04.02.17 is the safest
    newer version work too but prevent routing and can't be downgraded: make sure to have radio s-off before flashing newer version

also dont forget to set wifi sleep policy to never
    settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
    press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
    press menu -> save

RIL issue:
    Switching RIL is cause of know network problem:
    * Unable to make a network scan
    * Data connection die on asleep (only for some carrier)

DSP drain issue
    Fixed from nightly #28 thank's to hrkfdn and mad-murdock

useful link
    http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/
    plz let me know if u get problem with webkitaccel, pm or twitter as i can't read forum much

about ICS, we got full hw accell (hw composer not gb hack) next in line will be video playback and camera (all other stuff should be working)