Wing earbuds design faulty? one side is shorter then other!

Search This thread

coolmen777

Oct 31, 2007
Sacramento
Hello everyone
I got my Wing couple weeks ago, but I just got to testing the headset/earbuds that came with it. Anyways, when I opened them, it looks like one string of an earbud is shorter then the other. So the middle piece with volume control on it is not centered in the middle, which is very uncomfortable. I didn't find any way to adjust it. Anyone else has the same problem, or am I on the only one with "faulty" earbuds? Please respond. I purchased online through Business Services on a current deal. If I take it to T-Mobile store, will they replace? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

wordizbond007

Nov 15, 2007
It really is a crappy design flaw but thats the way they come. With the weight of the volume control on one side of the headphones, that side tends to fall out of my ear. Really sorry design on they're part.

I'd say go with the bluetooth stereo headsets. The sound quality is better and you dont have to worry about the faulty wires being in the way. I invested in one the other day and come to find out other than listening to music, they also pick up calls. You can find good deals on ebay.

coolmen777

Oct 31, 2007
Sacramento
It really is a crappy design flaw but thats the way they come. With the weight of the volume control on one side of the headphones, that side tends to fall out of my ear. Really sorry design on they're part.

I'd say go with the bluetooth stereo headsets. The sound quality is better and you dont have to worry about the faulty wires being in the way. I invested in one the other day and come to find out other than listening to music, they also pick up calls. You can find good deals on ebay.

Thanks for the explanation. Can you tell me which ones you got? Just currious!

systematic

Sep 28, 2007
Hello everyone
I got my Wing couple weeks ago, but I just got to testing the headset/earbuds that came with it. Anyways, when I opened them, it looks like one string of an earbud is shorter then the other. So the middle piece with volume control on it is not centered in the middle, which is very uncomfortable. I didn't find any way to adjust it. Anyone else has the same problem, or am I on the only one with "faulty" earbuds? Please respond. I purchased online through Business Services on a current deal. If I take it to T-Mobile store, will they replace? Thanks a lot.

the longer one is supposed to go around the back of your neck... bet bluetooth is way better i like these ones because you can use any 3.5mm headphones you like.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Stereo-Blac...ryZ15034QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

coolmen777

Oct 31, 2007
Sacramento

Bmore_Shag

Oct 15, 2007
Ummmm, it's not a defect!

Guys you do realize that there is a perfectly logical reason for this right??? Well, since you don't...LOL... Well, it's because the short side goes into one ear, and the other wraps around the back of you neck, so that they fit comfortably... The ear buds are labled, just follow the instructions above and everything should come together for you... They're not defective guys...

punkzanyj

Feb 9, 2008
I still think it's a bad design because the side with the mic always gets knocked out of my ear or the mic gets caught on something, zipper, collar, button. I'm left-handed, so at least with symmetrical buds I don't have to be reminded that it's a right-handed world.

Be careful with bluetooth, the wing isn't really designed as a music player, even though it can do it. I got some bluetooth headphones made by insignia that work flawlessly with my partner's Samsung Upstage, but have this crackle with my Wing, only when playing music, and no, the sound files are fine, it's the wing's bluetooth connection that's messed up.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Have you tweaked the bluetooth stack (the bitrate and such) for better quality?