[ROM] ICS 4.03 Icylicious Rooted, Busybox, etc. Added Button MODs 03/13/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
None that have been reported, but then again I don't play Shadow gun.
If it's a problem with the other ICS ROMs, then chances are it will be here as well, and is probably caused by the dev not updating his game to ICS.

I think it is a problem with the Acer roms unfortunately or fortunately as the thors ics Rom plays shadow gun like it should play.. I don't use his Rom as I don't like the cm9 flavor. But I've tested one of latest roms just to test the game shadow gun. Also my DHD has ics play fine on that to.. I'm curious to what the problem is.. to bad Thor won't help us on ics but it is what it is..

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
Thats disappointing. As that issue is the only thing that keeps me on 3.2.1 right. Now. I hope with the new leak that the problem is fixed. But who knows.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Thats disappointing. As that issue is the only thing that keeps me on 3.2.1 right. Now. I hope with the new leak that the problem is fixed. But who knows.

Unfortunately it didn't I'm back on tegra owners for now till Acer releases their final verson.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

jayknight71

Feb 1, 2011
Lowestoft
Thank you so very much! And Done! ;)
And your post has been reported for the attack and foul language! ;)

Why such kΔobs making comments about ROMS that devs spend hours developing for our use and enjoyment? We all have brains i think so its up to u if u want to flash or not. Annoys me all negative cr♡p. love this rom and use daily with only little issues. Keep up the good work :)

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
I havent used this rom yet , but I know the dev so I am sure its good , there seems to be alot of the instant gratification in todays society ,if it doesnt doesnt work out of the box they cry like little babies and resort to threats , I call these people Apple followers , Android is for people willing to change the world , not just settle , those of you who just want Perfect , go to the Apple forums ,listen , they ***** and moan and groan there as well ! Nothing you can do!

Everyone else explore the world its truly adventurous!

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I havent used this rom yet , but I know the dev so I am sure its good , there seems to be alot of the instant gratification in todays society ,if it doesnt doesnt work out of the box they cry like little babies and resort to threats , I call these people Apple followers , Android is for people willing to change the world , not just settle , those of you who just want Perfect , go to the Apple forums ,listen , they ***** and moan and groan there as well ! Nothing you can do!

Yeah people, that's the way it goes sometimes. Stick around long enough, and it gets even nastier. Wait till you see the Devs get into it ;) Fortunately, or unfortunately, most of the great devs have left long ago. You still see them around in other forums. It's a pity really.

But, there's still a few good ones left, and lot's of appreciative users :D

jayknight71

Feb 1, 2011
Lowestoft

Love it LOL.... The reason im an Android user is to get away from the awful Apple devices. owned an iPad for all of 5hrs and couldnt understand why wasnt as good as my HTC Desire's OS at the time. Will always be an Android user especially because of people like the devs on XDA who do there utmost to give us fully functional and forward thinking Apps, Roms and the little things that make using my A500 a pleasure....

Just found a new keyboard that is well good on the market. its called Tablet Keyboard and the full version only 60p.. I loaded a Rom a few weeks ago that had a lovely Blue Keyboard but I cannot find anything quite like it now. Any suggestions would be great. Keep up the good work on RC11 and I can say I don't have any issues with it. All works as it should I think. Alot of people fail to clean and reformat their devices prior to installing new Roms. thats what ive learnt over the years that is important for a good install with no issues..

Regards..... JayKay :cool:

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
trust me I know all too well about that, Kj blasted me awhile back and rightfully so , I didnt follow basic instructions on loading , it doesnt happen now ,if people would just follow the basic instructions for loading roms , most issues would never come up, but like I said before instant gratification!

@MD im wondering why its more difficult to make custom roms in Linux than in Windows , its as if the android sdk (ADB)was made specifically for windows , I ask you because I took one of your roms and and was playing around with it in linux (cooker) and it seems theres a whole lot more to it THAN using a cooker in windows , I gotta say it funner and you learn more ,but you cant stop for a minute , if you do , you have to go back to the beginning (this old mind forgets easy)!!

Reactions: ATGAdmin

duryard

Jun 15, 2010
Exeter
www.iscasilver.co.uk
Hi

any one care to share this awesome wallpaper please

homesc.jpg

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
Any chance this ROM (KJY_2010_Icylicious_REV_12) is on a different file host.

4shared keeps timing out when I try to sign up.

Can get to KJY_2010_Icylicious_REV_12_A.zip on Hotfile but did want to keep the NFS.

Thanx.

Last edited:

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Any chance this ROM (KJY_2010_Icylicious_REV_12) is on a different file host.

4shared keeps timing out when I try to sign up.

Can get to KJY_2010_Icylicious_REV_12_A.zip on Hotfile but did want to keep the NFS.

Thanx.

They're both pointing to HotFile now.
When the file was uploaded to 4shared, you didn't need to signup to download. I'll put up a link for the NFS, and Let's Golf CWM flashable file in just a minute ;)

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
Awesome.....thank you.

I ended up just downloading the Rev_A so the NFS/Lets Golf link will com in quite handy.

Quick question, will this ROM be updated once the official release of ICS is doled out (if it is actually ever sent out)? Or is this just to hold us over until the official is released?

Thanks again.

R

EDIT: Just booting the ROM up now and I absoulutely love the boot animation....well done.

Oh, and thanks for your hard work.....much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is no longer available at XDA due to XDA moderator double standards.
    ;)
    Calm down girls :D Save it for Facebook.

@Dirtyernie, as you will see, in Icylecious, Flexstriker, (and the stock rooted ICS roms), IN THE ORIGINAL POST, you will most likely see;

Flexstriker;
    "-Known problem is the strange messed up screen on boot , all ICS roms got this , it's a kernel problem."

Icylecious;
    "What Doesn't Work:
    You tell me..please?
    On Bootup you get a funky looking screen for a couple seconds, don't be alarmed!!
    Speaker Static when keyboard sounds are turned on (from original Acer release) "

Taboonay and Lightspeed also have the exact issue. They just didn't include this little info in their OP. But considering they all use the "exact same kernel", they have this as well. Just read the threads.

This is a known issue with this ICS release. IT IS A LEAKED BETA. Read the threads and you would have known this. KJY's rom, works well, as if you had read, you will see few problems from other users.

To constantly come back and post, on what has been explained to you several times, by different people, well, that is just ludicrous.

You have 3 choices.
    1. Accept the ICS rom "as is"
    2. Go back to stock, and wait for the Acer updates
    3. Run a 3.2.1 rom
    Well thank you for the support on the a500 Since its not even yours.

lol She'll be out of town for at least another month so I have two tabs to play with.
    Even when she get's back she's right next door, so it's not a problem.
    And you're welcome bro! ;)
    Great rom! Super quick and so far no force closures!

I'm just wondering how I change the buttons to use the Stick image ones... I have downloaded the .zip, but what do I do now?

Thanks in advance
    Best regards

flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhh itttttttttttt
    WhhoooA flashed the icy battery mod and lost status bar... reflashing rom :-/

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Button Mod Fixed, and "Back to Stock" Buttons in attachments in OP.
    My apologies to anyone who may have used them.
    In my defense I was up close to 36 hours yesterday putting out two ICS ROMS, and was at the end of that stretch when they originally went up. Tested and working now! ;)