Will this device ever have a dev team?

Search This thread

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.

sublimethe

Nov 17, 2009
Smolensk
Why do you think that its days are gonna end fast? M7, as i know do not have microSD slot. Its like an MP3 pleers story - when everybody stoped making them with external butteries. The iRiver t60 is the last one iknow with buttery - and now it sells for $200.

ant178

Feb 20, 2013
I just got this phone recently and I wondered if we will ever have a good dev team for this phone. The glory days of this phone is rather short lived as HTC announced the One but I really love this phone because of the screen and if devs all jumped to the One I will be quite sad. That said, do you guys think we will have a good dev team? I know this phone is not really released into other parts of the world yet and people should start browsing more on this forum when that happens.

This device doesn't seem to be very popular, maybe you can still sell it while its retaining value and move on to the htc one when it releases.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
this device did not launch in major gsm markets (most of europe, north america), and in fact despite being a better device (imo) because of the sdcard many gsm users bought the droid dna specifically because of better dev support from verizon devs at least

and even though the devices are similar, without one in hand most devs (myself included) wont port dna work to it since its too annoying

forelli

Jan 26, 2009
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
HTC Leo
To be honest, this device will be my 2nd device once the HTC One is out BUT ONLY if there is a possibility to S-Off the HTC One. Without it, I don't see the point of having almost twice the same device.

f.

Sent from my x920d Butterfly using The Dark Side of the Force

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
There should be official CyanogenMod support for this guy right? And, how hard is it to port a ROM to this device? I might want to learn to port some ROMs from the DNA to this one.

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
I don't think there will be any CM support now that HTC One has been announced.. That device seems more promising with less variants to dev for..

As for developing yourself, that's how every dev started ;) need patience, tech knowledge and some hard work plus time!

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

sublimethe

Nov 17, 2009
Smolensk
I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

upd It have only 1 Gb RAM... Why is it so expectable???

Last edited:

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
I dont understand - in what universe One is way better then Butterfly? As i know it has 10-20% faster CPU and NO microSD slot. LTE, NFC, full banf 3G support - is a questions. So why does everybody speaks about it? Aluminum case?

The things I like about the One is the metal body, the stereo speakers and the bigger battery. The screen of the Butterfly can't be beat, I went back to using the One X and the screen is feels so small! The 5 inch Full HD screen on this phone is just amazing!!!

philippecr

May 27, 2008
since Droid DNA share the similar stuffs with us, why not we just hope/ask nicely to the devs to support us x920d/e? :)

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
This is exactly the reason why I went with DNA :)
I had to import it as I live in India.
DNA n butterfly share similar characteristics, so technically any Rom for DNA should be working for butterfly as well and vice versa , it just needs a dev who can port it. Classic example being virtuosDNA which is based on butterfly firmware but DNA gsm users can also use it without any issues.
Also verizon American devs don't port as it has some risks attached to it.
As far as I understand gsm DNA users are the lucky ones as they get best of both worlds ;)
DNA also is S-off

Your best hope is CM which is in advanced stage for DNA as radio progress has been made today :) :)

As far as HTC one is concerned Iam sure butterfly and DNA both will receive sense5 in a few months from now.
AOSP dev on one will be difficult as it has new cpu and different camera module. Iam sure HTC won't release camera specific drivers to public. Remember HTC evo 3d ....

Sent from my viperDNA using Tapatalk 2

Jbutterfly

Jan 30, 2013
The J Butterfly has root and a custom rom that's accessable thanks to SharpISO3. It's an excellent start for such a minority device IMO and I'm sure things will get better over time.

philippecr

May 27, 2008
Still hope devs from Droid DNA to build all variants together.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

teh tarik o

Feb 17, 2012
I really hope HTC butterfly have more Dev.Because Xperia Z is coming soon and their thread is more active and finally my device choice will depends on Dev support.

schiwa

Apr 19, 2009
Chennai

not just the aluminium case, the promotion they give to htc one, its already got firing every where, every mobile operators will carry this device, many mobile stores and sites are already started pre order.

Now, if butterfly was given that importance, then this forum would have been full with devs and supporters, unfortunately htc itself depromoted butterfly for what so ever reasons, they only know. price is also a damp factor.

I waited more than a month to get hold this beauty butterfly.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

I really hope HTC butterfly have more Dev.Because Xperia Z is coming soon and their thread is more active and finally my device choice will depends on Dev support.

the over priced and less availability. still many parts of the world haven't heard about this phone, htc already diverted to ONE, its doubtful if they will give preference to this one. So xperia is a good choice from your point of view, otherwise butterfly is unbeatable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just be glad that we have atleast one dev "mdeejay" porting his ROM for x920d ...