Xperia Mini Pro hangs at boot after flashing other boot.img

Search This thread

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
Hi!

I wanted to flash a custom firmware, which has own boot.img. I flashed it via Flashtool and it didn't show any error. I wanted to turn it on and bah, I can't. It hangs on a screen "SONY". I can enter into fastboot mode, but I can't enter into recovery.
What should I do now?I had unlocked bootloader, so I don't know why it happened.

m3lv1nht

Apr 29, 2011
Medan
Hi!

I wanted to flash a custom firmware, which has own boot.img. I flashed it via Flashtool and it didn't show any error. I wanted to turn it on and bah, I can't. It hangs on a screen "SONY". I can enter into fastboot mode, but I can't enter into recovery.
What should I do now?I had unlocked bootloader, so I don't know why it happened.

take out the boot.img from the zip, flash the kernel (boot.img) via flashtools, then enter recovery flash the remaining zip via rrecovery. be sure to select the right zip for your device (xperia mini pro = mango = sk17i)

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
take out the boot.img from the zip, flash the kernel (boot.img) via flashtools, then enter recovery flash the remaining zip via rrecovery. be sure to select the right zip for your device (xperia mini pro = mango = sk17i)
That's what I wanted to do, but after flashing boot.img phone doesn't allow me to enter recovery. It shows "SONY" forever.

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
Solved, I've used wrong option to flash kernel. I should use "Select kernel to HotBoot" in Flashtool.