Just a question?

Search This thread

hypered

Dec 30, 2013
hi to all, it's my first time to be here! me and a friend of mine have joined a small competition that require for participating -of cours- to develop an android app! also we are a newbies in java developement and it's our first experience in android world, so my question is: is there a java or linux or c++ code that can power on an android device at a specific time? I googled a lot of time and i didn't got an answer.Please any suggestion or help? And sorry foy my bad english.

EmptinessFiller

Sep 15, 2013
No definitely not!*
Because, you're app is only running if android has booted, so there is now way for your app.

The build-in Clock-App can't do it, too!

The only think you can do is, to unlock a booted phone.

Regards
-----
*There could maybe a way, for a specific phone, which has the hardware, which is needed and a SDK for developers for that hardware. But I don't know anyone.

hypered

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks for the replay. You speaked about the build-in clock app can't do it? it's indeed a reality! But why? unlike the android phone, when you set the alarm clock app in a Nokia phone and you shutdown the device.. the app is able to power on and boot the os!! So why it's not possible on android! is it something related to android architectur (layers)? maybe the hardware? can someone give me an explanation please.

Scalibq

Jun 18, 2013
Yes, I suppose you'll need specific hardware support. If the phone is really off, there needs to be some kind of timer that is still running, which can turn the phone on, so it can boot again, and then run some app for the alarm or whatnot.
Apparently Blackberry phones support it too, perhaps others as well, but it's not a common feature on Android phones.

coolbud012

Sep 28, 2012
Bangalore
droidacid.com
I dont know how to but its possible in Android because if you got to Settings --> Accessibility --> There is an option to turn on and off the device... So there must be a turn around for the same...

I also have a similar kind of Idea for my next app but dont know how to run my app when the phone is off or how to switch it on...

Maybe in rooted devices...Please let me know if you get anything similar.

Thanks