Google+ using a lot of data

Search This thread

KEICHI_

Sep 14, 2011
In the last few weeks I have noticed a high data usage from Google +. See screens attached.

I have checked all settings and all syncs and auto back up have been disabled. Were disabled from the beginning. It's usage continues to go up from 25mb to 100mb a day. The data usage app states that it's all foreground data also.

Any help or suggestion's would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-12-41-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-12-41-24.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-12-41-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-12-41-29.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 313

KEICHI_

Sep 14, 2011
Don't use Google+ at all. Don't remember the last time I used it. Have only opened to make sure nothing is syncing etc.

Don't take many photos either.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Delete it and just use the mobile version through a browser. I stopped using it because it eats Battery and data in the background.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
I finally disabled Google+ because it was slaughtering my battery. I NEVER used it other than as an offline photo viewer (sync and auto upload were both off), but it was constantly running in the background and draining my battery. I finally ended up disabling Google+ entirely and just using the stock Gallery app, and my battery life has been fantastic since then.

KEICHI_

Sep 14, 2011
Cheers for the replies.

If I disable it. Will apps that use it to back up (games) be affected?

Last edited:

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Cheers for the replies.

There are no apps that use the Google+ app (unless you count the "Photos" app that is a part of the Google+ app). Google+ authentication that is used in 3rd party apps comes from Google Play Services.

Reactions: KEICHI_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How muck time are you spending on g+ a day? Looks kinda normal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Cheers for the replies.

There are no apps that use the Google+ app (unless you count the "Photos" app that is a part of the Google+ app). Google+ authentication that is used in 3rd party apps comes from Google Play Services.