Search This thread

Dameon87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2008
OnePlus 8
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
INTRODUCING :: CyanogenMod 7

First the disclaimer.
This software is in a development state. Some things will work, some will not. You will likely encounter bugs. Do NOT flash this if you expect the software to be fully functional. Your warranty is now void. We cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you, your phone, or otherwise during any of the process.

With that said, a list of things that DO work ::

• Radio almost works fully - Calling, SMS, and Data are working.
  • Bluetooth works for music. (A2DP)
  • Wifi works fully.
  • 3D Graphics Acceleration
  • Video codecs mostly working, some stuttering with HD content.
  • Screen on/off animation.
  • Sensors work, but may be slow. Run /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha in terminal or via adb, place the phone on a flat surface, and hit Enter. Reboot the phone and sensors will function at normal speed.

What does NOT work ::
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Multimedia Messaging
  • Bluetooth In-Call (Hands-Free Profile)
  • WiMax 4G (This is absolute LAST priority, DON'T ASK ABOUT IT)

ALTERNATE INSTRUCTIONS / README / DOWNLOAD ::

http://epiccm.channels.hosted.fossnet.info/

INSTRUCTIONS ::

1. Download CM7-EPIC4G-ALPHA4.zip
  2. Place it on your SDCard.
  3. Reboot into recovery.
  4. Optional: Wipe Data if you're coming from something other than CyanogenMod.
  5. If you did not Wipe Data, then wipe Dalvik.
  6. Wipe Cache.
  7. Flash CM7-EPIC4G-ALPHA4.zip
  8. Optional: Flash Google Apps next. (You'll need to re-flash it if you're updating.)
  9. After you have finished, reboot your phone.
  10. Finally, Enjoy CM7.

Please remember, these are Development releases, not Production releases.

DOWNLOADS ::
CM7 Alpha 4: http://www.multiupload.com/RWQ0DYGSEM
Latest Google Apps: http://efragtv.com/android/cm7/gapps-gb-20110307-EPIC.zip
DPAD Keylayout fix for ALPHA 1: No longer necessary.

The Epic CM Team:

Dameon87
nullghost
DevinXtreme
UberPinguin
wispoffates
Decadance

(If I leave your name out, please pm me and I'll sort it.)

Reserved #1

Last edited:

Dameon87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2008
OnePlus 8
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks, and credits ::

Thanks to the CM team, of course.
Thanks to Kaos_, jt, and a few other devs from the Fascinate side.
Thanks to the devs in #cyanogenmod-dev
Thanks to noobnl for his guidance, and the use of his modified libaudio, and a few tips and pointers here and there.

And thank you to anyone else I/we forgot to thank. =]

Last edited by a moderator:

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009
Any ETA on when bluetooth will be fully functional? I can live without the camera and GPS but need bluetooth for handsfree driving. Great work guys.

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Any ETA on when bluetooth will be fully functional? I can live without the camera and GPS but need bluetooth for handsfree driving. Great work guys.

Naught naughty, no ETAs! ;) Just wait patiently; as we have great developers working on it, it shouldn't be too long :)

Reactions: NiceFnPants

Cam3ron1

Oct 29, 2010
Anyway to used bakedsnack 1280mhz kernel and what about visual voicemail

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
As soon as hardware acceleration works, im so down to use this as my daily driver.

Keep up the great work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING :: CyanogenMod 7

First the disclaimer.
    This software is in a development state. Some things will work, some will not. You will likely encounter bugs. Do NOT flash this if you expect the software to be fully functional. Your warranty is now void. We cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you, your phone, or otherwise during any of the process.

With that said, a list of things that DO work ::

• Radio almost works fully - Calling, SMS, and Data are working.
    • Bluetooth works for music. (A2DP)
    • Wifi works fully.
    • 3D Graphics Acceleration
    • Video codecs mostly working, some stuttering with HD content.
    • Screen on/off animation.
    • Sensors work, but may be slow. Run /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha in terminal or via adb, place the phone on a flat surface, and hit Enter. Reboot the phone and sensors will function at normal speed.

What does NOT work ::
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Multimedia Messaging
    • Bluetooth In-Call (Hands-Free Profile)
    • WiMax 4G (This is absolute LAST priority, DON'T ASK ABOUT IT)

ALTERNATE INSTRUCTIONS / README / DOWNLOAD ::

http://epiccm.channels.hosted.fossnet.info/

INSTRUCTIONS ::

1. Download CM7-EPIC4G-ALPHA4.zip
    2. Place it on your SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Optional: Wipe Data if you're coming from something other than CyanogenMod.
    5. If you did not Wipe Data, then wipe Dalvik.
    6. Wipe Cache.
    7. Flash CM7-EPIC4G-ALPHA4.zip
    8. Optional: Flash Google Apps next. (You'll need to re-flash it if you're updating.)
    9. After you have finished, reboot your phone.
    10. Finally, Enjoy CM7.

Please remember, these are Development releases, not Production releases.

DOWNLOADS ::
    CM7 Alpha 4: http://www.multiupload.com/RWQ0DYGSEM
    Latest Google Apps: http://efragtv.com/android/cm7/gapps-gb-20110307-EPIC.zip
    DPAD Keylayout fix for ALPHA 1: No longer necessary.

The Epic CM Team:

Dameon87
    nullghost
    DevinXtreme
    UberPinguin
    wispoffates
    Decadance

(If I leave your name out, please pm me and I'll sort it.)

Reserved #1

Yes. You are.

Alpha 3 was released to smooth over the people asking for a new release every day. As you have read, there's still a lot wrong with it and, in many aspects, is less functional than alpha 1.

The team is working hard to not only get this going, but to make it conform to CyanogenMod standards, which includes moving away from proprietary libs and start using their open-source counterparts. This is why WiFi isn't working on a fresh Alpha 3. WPA supplicant is borked (pointing to the wrong place) at the moment, but we know the root of the problem. It would have been fine had we waited for our alpha 4.

Nightlies, even every-other-nightlies, would prove to be more of a headache not only to the users, but to us as well. We're working as hard as we can to get this done. On top of that, we have a git repo that we're working harder to keep as updated as possible. You're more than welcome to build it and release it yourself. We won't stop you. Also, if we aren't moving quick enough, feel free to join in. We aren't super exclusive or anything like that. We're very open-door and if you feel that you can do better, hop on IRC and join our channel (you'll have to shoot one of us a PM for an invite). It's at irc.fossnet.info and the channel is #epiccm-dev. Just hop in #epic and see if one of us is on, shoot us (Decad3nce, Dameon, nullghost, UberPinguin, wispoffates, bikcmp, myself, and a few others) a PM, and you're in.

That said, we have lives outside of this. Mine exploded, Dameon potentially has a new job (last I heard, he was off to his interview), and the rest have other things going on, too. We aren't going to put that aside to devote every waking moment to this project because the users want us to move quicker. I'm sorry, but that's just too much to ask. This isn't our job. We do what we can when we can.
    Lol I wouldn't say that, someone correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't this mysterious leaked gb help out a lot?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

No.

The leak is broken in its current state, first of all. Taking stuff from that would set us backward D: Second, it's all a bunch of closed-source gobbly-wook. We grabbed what we could, and moved on. It's far from helpful.

Moving on. Stop trolling, people. If someone asks a question, just answer it. Yes, it's annoying if it has already been asked. But you know what's even more annoying? The ten subsequent posts explaining to the person how they are an idiot for not magically knowing the answer that is buried inside of 170+ pages of posts. Not everyone in this thread has been here since the beginning, so just kindly answer the question. I guess courtesy is dead. It's also worth noting that it doesn't help us at all to have to sift through all of your whining and moaning that someone asked a question that was answered when we're trying to find something useful. Because of that, and not the questions being asked, I've found myself skipping whole pages of posts.

tl;dr: Get off your high-horses, pseudo-forum-police, and learn some courtesy.
    Thanks, and credits ::

Thanks to the CM team, of course.
    Thanks to Kaos_, jt, and a few other devs from the Fascinate side.
    Thanks to the devs in #cyanogenmod-dev
    Thanks to noobnl for his guidance, and the use of his modified libaudio, and a few tips and pointers here and there.

And thank you to anyone else I/we forgot to thank. =]
    If I'm not mistaken, the latest cm builds for any supported device is 2.3.4.

For what its worth, they've gotten the gsm Galaxy S devices merged to mainline today, being the first full initial support as far as I can tell. Epic has a ways to go though.

Captivate is actually the only one merged into mainline so far. Hopefully the rest will follow.

We got the Nexus S .35 kernel booting last night. We need to triple check our mtd blocks, and we may have a new Alpha for you all in the next few days.