Check It Out The Xda Flame!

Search This thread

PERSONA

May 15, 2007
COD2 demo does not work on the Flame, I also got hold of the full program and again no joy. Very frustrating! I also tried the accelerated version of virtual pool and it does not work either so you have to stick with the software version. So far there does not appear to be any accelerated game that runs on the Flame's GPU! I am starting to believe that the nvidia chip is a waste of time and just causes excessive battery drainage with no upside.

No. COD2 demo runs smoothly. But you need to first remove the libgles_cm.dll in the COD2 demo program directory. I think the one installed may not be compatible with flame. Flame has its own dll included in windows folder already.

I also found another bug. If you try to record video directly onto the SD card, the image freezes although the sound continues. It works fine if you record onto the internal memory.

um...I didn't encounter this problem in my unit. Sorry couldn't help on this one.

arvind09

Feb 23, 2006
Hyderabad
Ok guys am planning on selling my flame,used it for 2 days and put it back in the box,realised was more of ann HTC guy,and addicted to flashing,any one intrested let me know.

JamesManios

Jan 1, 2004
I mentioned this problem before but no one responded so figuring more time had gone by maybe someone has tried now??

Mortplayer: Does anyone have this working? I've tried both RC6 and RC7 and the app loads and plays fine for about 3-5 seconds, then locks up, and in about 10 seconds quits. The weird thing is that even the setup wizard does this, you are going through the settings and it locks-up and quits, not playing sound or doing anything.

In fact I don't think it quits but the OS is maybe killing it after a while since its not responding to anything, (or does some type of memory violation and is shutdown)...

If you DO have it running for lets say 3 minutes and its working, can you zip up your registry settings and your installed files? If using those for me doesn't work, I might hard reset to figure out if its a constant problem or just a software conflict. I'm using PocketMusic right now which works fine, but doesn't have the ability to shutdown/quit itself when I hit a hardware button.

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Yes, O2 Themes contains O2 Menu, several .theme which can be used with a custom control panel applet that will be installed, and several Today plugins (O2 Calendar, O2 Wireless, O2 Files, O2 MRU, O2 Conenct). When I installed it messed up so much my Today screen that I almost hardreset it to get it back to default WM Today. But with some work I have a better Today screen without a thousand Plugins.

Jeyo is a nice program to backup SMS. I use it every time I upgrade to another device, because you can use it to move stored SMS across devices.

Codewallet is a program to store information safely: passwords, serial numbers... I already have eWallet so I've not installed it.

Worldmate is a nice program if you travel. It has a bunch of utilites for travelers like weather, world clocks, currencies, unit conversion, to do lists, etc.

O2 Phone Plus searches for similar phone numbers as you type them in the phone, and presents a list of matching numbers, so you can dial just typing a few numbers.
There is no need for Hard Reset, like you said, you can unselect them or if you are interested, the program in Windows and Registry can be remove clean manually.

For Messages, you should try this, it not only backup SMS, it back up MMS, Emails, etc in the Inbox.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=299705

O2 Menu is not that fantastic, looks lilke SKMenu. I have hacked the HtcHomePlugin to the today screen with the screen rotation in it, see the attached Pic.

By the way, you are using 2 phones?

Attachments

• O2Flame.JPG
    O2Flame.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Ok guys am planning on selling my flame,used it for 2 days and put it back in the box,realised was more of ann HTC guy,and addicted to flashing,any one intrested let me know.
I agree with you, kind of miss the flashing after changing to Flame from my demaged Universal.

The next obvious choice would be Omni, but it is yet to be released, so Flame is the next obvious choice.

Maybe should buy the cheaper Touch just to play for fun.

I still like the PDA Phone with Big Screen, kind of not used to small screen anymore when I was toying around with my other half's Trinity.

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Cool. The other, currently, non-working titles may also contain this DLL.

BTW, how smooth is the animation in CoD2?
Know any other sites that has start cooking ROMs for this model.

Not much is known about this Arima ROM.

Do you know the ROM structure of Flame?

Currently, I am living with only transfering a lot of HTC stuff manually from the stripped AKU3.5 and WM6 into Flame.

JamesManios

Jan 1, 2004
I agree with you, kind of miss the flashing after changing to Flame from my demaged Universal.

The next obvious choice would be Omni, but it is yet to be released, so Flame is the next obvious choice.

Maybe should buy the cheaper Touch just to play for fun.

I still like the PDA Phone with Big Screen, kind of not used to small screen anymore when I was toying around with my other half's Trinity.

What do you guys think about the Toshiba G900. Its kinda like a smaller Universal with the keyboard and higher resolution. There was a problem about it locking up in suspend mode but that seems to be resolved. Apparently battery life is bad but the flame isn't really great either ... I'm getting tempted, the Flame is starting to push all the wrong buttons. I wish nVidia got on the bandwagon and started promoting/building apps for the GPU since no one else seems to care, (baring one or 2 games). Probably everyone is focused on iPhones at this point :-(

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
What do you guys think about the Toshiba G900. Its kinda like a smaller Universal with the keyboard and higher resolution. There was a problem about it locking up in suspend mode but that seems to be resolved. Apparently battery life is bad but the flame isn't really great either ... I'm getting tempted, the Flame is starting to push all the wrong buttons. I wish nVidia got on the bandwagon and started promoting/building apps for the GPU since no one else seems to care, (baring one or 2 games). Probably everyone is focused on iPhones at this point :-(

The G900 isn''t bad; however, it doesn't have 3D accelerator support.

fallenczar

Jul 22, 2006
Singapore
could any of you dump your rom or provide me with a link to the rom (if one exist)
would like to play with the o2 apps on my universal...
and before you say...yes i know what i am talking bout

arvind09

Feb 23, 2006
Hyderabad
Your right CWKY though i also own a wizard and universal too,one just cannot compare a VGA screen with a Qvga one,these vga screens have spoilt me rotten lol.

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Once you see the WVGA screen on a Toshiba G900 you will feel the same about VGA. The difference is significant
Please do not tempt me.

By the way, have anyone try activesync with Flame? It has a lot of problem and is a piece of **** compare to Universal.

Edit: I mean ActiveSync Via Infra-Red.

Last edited:

JamesManios

Jan 1, 2004
I think I had it today with the Flame.... :-(

I ordered a G900 and it shipped, so I will tell you guys how that goes, (if you want to hear about it)...

Will make some comparisons and ebay the loser, but I would be surprised if the Flame stays, now that the suspend problem is 'supposed to be' fixed, the G900 is looking pretty good.

Menneisyys: Your post seems like a very good highlight for new comers to see and make an informed decision on which to get, its really too bad xda-dev will not make a forum for it so more people can easily see it.

igalan

Jan 23, 2007
Barcelona
Menneisyys, if you set SRS on Bass Reducer, call quality greatly improves, in fact now it's the best of all PocketPC Phone Edition I've had. And bass isn't reduced that much it's actually a more balanced setting. I recomend this setting for all owners of the Flame; with the default setting the voice is slightly distored so in difficult conditions it's harder to understand.

thierryb

Nov 12, 2005
Le Vesinet
I will try concerning the bass reducer.

Concerning the g900, it will be interestingfo compare the usability of the screen
3.5" vga vs 3,0" wvga
Tell us as soon as you have them.

But 2gb infernal flash memory is a real luxury !

jags1

Nov 5, 2006
melbourne
i did good search,there is nothing present or coming in near future could compete flame,so i am going to keep as o2 has given me hope that wm6 is about to come out,i am sure flame will be a different device running at wm6 platform,toshiba is noway near flame but still interesting to see some review.

Top Liked Posts