Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

h4xor1911

Jun 9, 2010
Heerlen
CR

He on the indo forum there's a rom with darktremor and juwe script
i dont know if any things need to be done before installing ?

klebengan

Apr 23, 2011
Jogjakarta
@Klebengan Thanks for sharing i am also flashing it , will post results ..

I am already working on darktremor to bring here .... just wait a bit
no problem. actually darktremor is working on that ROM. we just need to manually add the a2sd_enabler.sh and activate it. i am already test it and work. but if are planning to inject the darktremor to the ROM, well it would be great. cant wait bro.

He on the indo forum there's a rom with darktremor and juwe script
i dont know if any things need to be done before installing ?
u just need to add init.d folder in /system/etc. but if u have activate the darktremor then the init.d folder automatically create itself.

Last edited:

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
no problem. actually darktremor is working on that ROM. we just need to manually add the a2sd_enabler.sh and activate it. i am already test it and work. but if are planning to inject the darktremor to the ROM, well it would be great. cant wait bro.

u just need to add init.d folder in /system/etc. but if u have activate the darktremor then the init.d folder automatically create itself.

I have init.d folder already , i have enabled a2sd_enabler.sh , what do you mean by activate ...
darktremor works fine but when i reboot it goes away .. could you write full procedure it may help others ..

Thanks

klebengan

Apr 23, 2011
Jogjakarta
I have init.d folder already , i have enabled a2sd_enabler.sh , what do you mean by activate ...
darktremor works fine but when i reboot it goes away .. could you write full procedure it may help others ..

Thanks

activate the darktremor. mounting the ext on start.
type in adb "a2sd cachesd" or install the a2sdgui (i recommend this) and set the apps on sd + dalvik cache on SD-EXT.

Last edited:

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
activate the darktremor. mounting the ext on start.
type in adb "a2sd cachesd" or install the a2sdgui (i recommend this) and set the apps on sd + dalvik cache on SD-EXT.

Yeah a2sd darktremor works with SimpliGio rom ... I have updated the procedure on the main page..

EDITED: i am having wifi issue with SimplGiov1.0 , Does anyone els has this issue???

Last edited:

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore

It works flawlessly, did you set the permissions 777 by checking all the boxes . And dont forget to reboot

here is the procedure
Download attached file (Juwe_RAM_Script.zip) unzip it and put it to /system/etc/init.d (if don't have a folder init.d create new folder using root explorer and name it init.d)with Root Explorer and set permissions to 777 (check all the empty options)(rwxrwxrwx), if you have in your init.d other script for RAM management for example Darky's rambooster, so delete it

2) Reboot your phone

How would you know that script is working ??? Download app Galaxy Tuner or AutoKiller Memory Optimizer and check values:
LMK values
10MB, 16MB, 24MB, 48MB, 56MB, 72MB
VM values
50, 10, 5, 10, 90, 5

http://attachments.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=617443&d=1307374292

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Blackwolf14

Jun 27, 2011

Attachments

• SC20110811-005048.png
    SC20110811-005048.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 314

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore

are you using root explorer , because i don't see set UID , set GID , Sticky option in root explorer. and how you sure that its not working , did you download AutoKiller Memory Optimizer ??
In root explorer check the properties of s97ramscript if permissions : rwxrwxrwx then its absolutely fine ...

keep posting your results

Last edited:

Blackwolf14

Jun 27, 2011
are you using root explorer , because i don't see set UID , set GID , Sticky option in root explorer. and how you sure that its not working , did you download AutoKiller Memory Optimizer ??
In root explorer check the properties of s97ramscript if permissions : rwxrwxrwx then its absolutely fine ...

keep posting your results

How would you know that script is working ??? Download app Galaxy Tuner or AutoKiller Memory Optimizer and check values:
LMK values
10MB, 16MB, 24MB, 48MB, 56MB, 72MB
VM values
50, 10, 5, 10, 90, 5

Thanks for answer.

My values "6, 8, 16, 20, 22, 24".

Attachments

• SC20110806-201955.png
    SC20110806-201955.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 193
  • SC20110811-022220.png
    SC20110811-022220.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 190

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
Could you specify what is your wifi issues that you're experiencing?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA App

I don't get internet connectivity sometimes so i have to reset my phone ... there was too many issue with simpliGio rom , i had to reflash ... Contacts goes blank , launcher is too bad for me , i have installed new Indonassian rom , i'll share after my testing..

SoulReaver75

Jul 1, 2011
Piacenza
No news from GioPro creator?
I love GioPro 1.1, but it has some bugs, and a GioPro based on 2.3.4 would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your work in this thread. :)

waqasshahzad1986

Jun 15, 2011
Lahore
Anyone help for me? How would you know that script is working?

Autokiller memory optimizer will not work if its on SD Card , move it to phone memory ,

check the free memory and empty apps , my free memory is 81mb and empty apps are 60 ..

before this script empty apps were 20-24 .
if in init.d folder contain other ram booster scripts like ram booster script delete that ...

this is the original thread , please check ,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111145

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Users Visit this Thread it has less complexity.......
    ...............................................................................................................................................
    GIOPRO v1.4
    ...............................................................................................................................................
    Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.59 For Galaxy Gio http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19623732&postcount=1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This Thread, Samsung Galaxy Gio gt-s5660 | Firmware Releases ,Custom Roms , Rooting, has been moved from the Android Software and Hacking General forum to the Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 Android Development forum.

NOTE:Even though it has been moved its a redirect notice (expires in 1 week) in the original forum so users Bookmark the New thread link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Android 2.3.7 - Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 For Galaxy GIO (Unofficial) By- phiexz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Devs Only)How To compile a Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Gio By Delanoister
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update.zip Recoveries (For Software installation through recovery) Thanks to ZimniY
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everyone vote for official cyanogenmod at the cyanogen mod forum
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/22386-samsung-galaxy-gio-gt-s5660
    Read this thread thoroughly,Before Asking your question, Most of your questions are answered , but if still have confusion don't hesitate to ask

Users with Galaxy Gio Gt-s5660M/L/V , do not try Custom Roms , Please Read the S5660M Section First.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phiexz's Custom Kernels for Galaxy Gio (For 2.3.5 )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Developers/Moders Can PM me their Thread Links If they want it to be on This Main page

Modified mms.apk for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 (For odexed roms only, not for deodexed) Here

hyriand's Custom roms for Galaxy Gio are here

Particle Android Custom Rom based on 2.3.5 , detail here---- download latest version

All actions ,flashing and other modification on your phone you do at your own risk and responsibility for your actions and you are solely if you are unsure of your actions - do not!
    Any attempt to flash through RomManager will take you to the service center

This thread is collection of all available data about samsung galaxy gio,so it may save time for others , some intial data is copied from another thread by strunkie for that all cradit goes to him , Data has been copied with the permission of Strunkie.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If it helps ,Don't forget to press Thanks :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome in the Thread for Samsung's Galaxy Gio (S5660)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy Gio Unlocking
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204705
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashing Samsung Galaxy gio using ODIN

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979859&postcount=549
    How to Root Samsung Galaxy gio
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979919&postcount=550
    How to create ext2 partition for a2sd darktremor
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979957&postcount=551
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Enable a2sd darktremor on 2.3.3/2.3.4/2.3.5
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979976&postcount=552
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom Roms/ Modified Roms
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979810&postcount=548
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Firmwares(Official unmodified):
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979769&postcount=547
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ram Optimizer Script by Juwe11

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16979996&postcount=553
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updating failed using KIES ???
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980019&postcount=554
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Custom bootanimation and apk lost post
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980043&postcount=556
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How To Deodexing + Zipaligning Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 Tutorial(cradit goes to djjonastybe)
    Update apps using recovery method
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980103&postcount=558
    ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16980117&postcount=559
    Compass Fix for s5660
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17203899&postcount=813

Galaxy Gio 5660m SECTION here
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samasung Galaxy Gio S5660m Brightness ,diming issue solved
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233719
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy GIo S5660M Canada Bell Edition
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17332208&postcount=1013
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR MULTI FILE Firmware Package( example: APBOOT,CODE,MODEM,CSC)

Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop.
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    If you want to flash single file(.tar) click on Single package and locate the single .tar file in single package option . skip to step 7
    3. Click BOOT button and select and load: APBOOT_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    4. Click PDA button and select and load: CODE_S5660xxxxx_CL940762_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
    5. Click PHONE button and select: MODEM_S5660xxxxx_CL928654_REV03.tar.md5
    6. Click CSC button and select: GT-S5660-MULTI-CSC-Oxxxxx.tar.md5
    7. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    8. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    9. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#

For Single package .tar file follow this
    Download ODIN 4.42
    NOTE: Always do a fectory reset before and after flashing to avoid glitches.
    1. Extract and Run Samsung S5660 Galaxy Gio ODIN 4.42 Downloader on your Desktop
    2. Open ODIN and Click OPS button and select and load: Gio_v1.0.ops
    3. click on Single package On ODIN
    4. Now click on last option single package and locate the single .tar file
    5. Turn the Samsung Galaxy Gio into Download mode by pressing ( Volume Down + OK + Power ) together.
    6. Connect Cable phone to pc Make sure that the program detect the phone.
    7. Click Start button if all set and ready,and wait until the program will finished downloading files. A word PASS! will appear if the flashing successfully completes.
    The phone will then reboot,you can check and confirm the newly downloaded firmware version by typing *#1234# and then do a full reset by typing this Code *2767*3855#
    Common Issues and possible solutions / tips and tricks

Common Issues and possible solutions / tips and trick

shutdown/freeze randomly in your pocket

. Change your Wifi sleep policy to Never, put a small paper behind the battery some times battery gets loose , if problem stays fectory reset and install latest firmware and fectory reset yet again ..

rooted phone and upgragde gingerbread,but still having problem about bootanimated

Install Root explorer and you need to select "remount as r/w".

command on adb shell to replac framework-res.apk?
    #mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

then:
    cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework/

#reboot (bootloop posibility if framework doesnt match)

Poor Battery Life
    Install latest firmware , turn of wifi when not using , try to charge with wall Charge some times data cable don't charge the properly, And don't forget to clean Ram after using apps , it helps to reduce load on device.

Compass doesn't work anymore
    Its a bug , there is no solution availble yet , as soon something comes out i'll post here.​

Is there a possibility to overclock samsung galaxy Gio
    Nop overclocking isn't working with gio yet.

What is the code for fectory reset
    Put your phone in recovery mode (By holding home button+Power button) and select fectory reset option from there or if your phone is on use this code
    *2767*3855# Fectory reset will remove all your data from the phone, apps , gallery , contacts and messages be sure to make a backupHow to check your firmware version
    *#1234# OR Goto setting<About<Scroll down and check
    How to put Gio to downloading mode to flash a firmware by ODIN
    shut down your phone , hold home button+power button+volume down button altoghether.

How to Restart your phone (without turn on and off)
    Volume down + Volume up + Power button hold untill phone goes off it will turn back again itself.. Or use adb , or terminal emulater , type su then type reboot
    How to Remove boot up sound??
    Delete file /system/etc/poweron.ogg using root explorer.

What is a2sd darktremor and why should i install it ???
    a2sd darktremor let you install your all apps on sd card , so in this way internal memory stays empty and phone perform better than stock rom...

I want to Flash my phone , What should i do after and before???
    you always have to fectory reset before and after flashing , when you done flashing you need to root(most of custom roms are already rooted so skip to next step) now you have to enable (a2sd daktremor if its not enabled in a custom rom you have to do it manually) . thats it , now you can start restoring your data , and install apps ...
    Official / non official firmwares

Firmwares:

2.2.1 official (Urdu,Arabic languages) : http://www.4shared.com/get/hnkTm8w4/S5660_Froyo_221.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.2.1 unofficial : http://hotfile.com/dl/115778530/c3dab6d/S5660XXKC5_OXXKC3_XXKB9.rar.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.3 unofficial 2 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/119787749/eeddc82/S5660XXKPA.rar.html
    2.3.3 official 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/123845369/b1f54c4/S5660XXKPE_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXFKP1.rar.html
    2.3.3 official 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/124686521/ca109ee/S5660XXKPE_S5660XXKPA_S5660XENKP1.rar.html
    2.3.4 unofficial 24 june 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/124831067/3d27a39/S5660XXKQ3_S5660XXKQ3_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    2.3.4 unofficial 23 july 2011 : http://hotfile.com/dl/125489515/6fa36c7/S5660XXKQ6_S5660XXKQ5_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    2.3.4 official modified : http://narod.ru/disk/20665821001/Офф Прибалтика (2) 2.3.4 SER.rar.html
    2.3.3(29 july 2011) :http://hotfile.com/dl/127180375/d573e75/S5660XXKPL_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKP8.rar.html (pass:samsung-firmwares.com)
    2.3.3(6 August 2011) : http://hotfile.com/dl/127180871/a924b45/S5660XXKPM_S5660XXKPA_S5660OXXKPA.rar.html (pass: samfirmware.com)
    2.3.4 (20th August 2011) S5660XXKQB_S5660XXKQ5_S5660PRTKQ4
    http://hotfile.com/dl/128609834/5d1ee8e/S5660XXKQB_S5660XXKQ5_S5660PRTKQ4.rar.html (password: samfirmware.com samsung-firmwares.com)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.4 ( 7th September 2011) S5660XXKQG_S5660SEBKQ1
    http://hotfile.com/dl/129879201/a677f1f/S5660XXKQG_S5660SEBKQ1.rar.html
    (password: samfirmware.com samsung-firmwares.com)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.3.5 (September 2011) S5660XXKS2
    http://hotfile.com/dl/131174369/d853e50/S5660XXKS2.rar.html
    Passwords.
    - samfirmware.com
    - samsung-firmwares.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compass Fix for s5660 (tested on all versions)

Make sure to bakup your old memsicd before doing anything .

UPDATED:Latest Compass Fix .

http://www.mediafire.com/?2tbx9zhp2hnmc40

Thanks to mozgoder for leting me know

Instructions
    Method 1 : download the update, and copy to sd card root directory(don't not copy in any folder)
    Put your phone into recovery mode(turn off your phone , HOLD home button + power button toghether)
    Apply update from sd , locate the copied file and press home button. reboot.

You have to Reboot twice otherwise it will show wrong direction. Recalibrate your compass by typing *#0*# , click on sensor , and now hold your phone and rorate it 8 ways moving your wrist or watch video below

Compass Calibration

NOTE: if this update doesn't work for you , you can try this one
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t1hszgxzb56os2b
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After doing all the stuff you still getting issue , please check the permissions by opening (use root explorer) system/bin/memsicd press for few seconds a list will open goto permissions and check

Permissions has to be rwxrwxrwx