[Q] Mytouch 4G Gingerbread root and unbrick

Search This thread

crazydrummer95

Aug 26, 2011
Sahuarita
Hey guys, about a week or two ago, I went to a T-Mobile store to upgrade to 2.3.4. I have been looking into rooting and loading CM7, but im not sure how to do it and what is the best way. I was thinking about doing it with ADB, but im just too chicken to try it. I can't afford to break this phone, so i have to be really careful. If you have any other better ideas as to how I could root 2.3.4, that would be awesome. Also, if you have found any way to unbrick it if it gets bricked somehow in the process, that would be great too. I am an experienced hacker, and am working on starting to develop apps for Android and Apple. Thanks guys, I really need your help.

Reactions: thatnaungoo

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

Who else is in the waiting line for rootage?

WOLF26915

Jul 19, 2011
Hicktown
Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

how are you entering the first step, the reason i ask is because i had to help someone who entered it wrong once he followed what i told him it was smooth sailing

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009

This says nothing about the quality of the solution, but rather means that you're not executing the guide correctly.

Tom Barrister

Aug 31, 2011

I am. I'm not well versed enough to do the downgrade-via-ADB thing. All I want to do is temproot, freeze the bloatware on the stock 2.3.4. I'm not interested in flashing a ROM or having permanent root. From what I understand, this isn't possible without downgrading.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
I am. I'm not well versed enough to do the downgrade-via-ADB thing. All I want to do is temproot, freeze the bloatware on the stock 2.3.4. I'm not interested in flashing a ROM or having permanent root. From what I understand, this isn't possible without downgrading.

No, it isn't possible. You have to downgrade and install pre-rooted 2.3.4.
It's not really that hard. You could start by trying to set up ADB, and if you get a working environment - you'll know that you're good to go with the guide.

jimbo.levy

Sep 18, 2011
London
Sorry to raise a dead thread, but I was just wondering if anyone had come across a 2.3.4 root method. I am trying to root my fiancee's device and seem to be getting nowhere.

Apologies also if this has already been addressed.

Thanks guys =]

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
The rooting method for 2.3.4 involves downgrading to 2.2.1. That's the way it has been, that's most probably the way it'll stay, for a long time, possibly indefinitely.

Feb 5, 2013
how to unbrick t-mobile htc mytouch 4g glacier

guys, i successfully rooted my friend's htc glacier mytouch 4g.i noticed dat the backup failed.then i tried flashing this ROM cm-10.1-20130710-Albinoman887-glacier.zip, it was successfully installed.i now clicked on reboot it just got stock on flash screen.i tried factory reset. but any time i clicked on it it takes me back to recovery mode.please help me.my friend is about to turn me to his enemy.

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
take out your battery, then out it back in

Hold the volume down button and the power button, select recovery (use the volume keys)

Then when your in there, do a factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik (if your using cwm then go to advanced then wipe dalvik)

Then re-flash the rom.

Feb 5, 2013

Hold the volume down button and the power button, select recovery (use the volume keys)

Then when your in there, do a factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik (if your using cwm then go to advanced then wipe dalvik)

Then re-flash the rom.[/QUOwhen i click on factory reset, it boots into recovery mode.i have tried two different roms cm10.1 amd a cm7 but not the stock rom. please i need more help

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`

Then re-flash the rom.[/QUOwhen i click on factory reset, it boots into recovery mode.i have tried two different roms cm10.1 amd a cm7 but not the stock rom. please i need more help
lol you wanna go back to stock?

Ok then, well look around for the PD15IMG.zip for 2.3.4 then put it on your sd card at the root, and then go into bootloader again.

Reactions: daddydizzleman

Ayoproxy

Aug 1, 2013
Hey guys, about a week or two ago, I went to a T-Mobile store to upgrade to 2.3.4. I have been looking into rooting and loading CM7, but im not sure how to do it and what is the best way. I was thinking about doing it with ADB, but im just too chicken to try it. I can't afford to break this phone, so i have to be really careful. If you have any other better ideas as to how I could root 2.3.4, that would be awesome. Also, if you have found any way to unbrick it if it gets bricked somehow in the process, that would be great too. I am an experienced hacker, and am working on starting to develop apps for Android and Apple. Thanks guys, I really need your help.

Rooting is easy and safe i rooted mine last week and i don't brick my baby... Just take a giant step to follow the information carefully and read the pdf it helped me too.. And adb is easy to use just takes time.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
Perm Rooted
S-OFF
CM 10

using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

lol you wanna go back to stock?

Ok then, well look around for the PD15IMG.zip for 2.3.4 then put it on your sd card at the root, and then go into bootloader again.