Update added Dbrand Skin....Stripped my Black Official Bumper Case

Search This thread

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
I bought a black official Google bumper case but it started peeling almost right away. I wasn't able to RMA it because I wasn't the original owner. So rather than have a case that was degrading over time I decided to strip it right down. Here are the results. I might still order a skin for the back not sure yet. As you can see it's glossy and still has the Nexus logo. If your wondering I used just my fingernail to scrap it as I didn't want to damage it with a razor blade or any chemical. Added Dbrand Skin see pic on second page.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392020400245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392020400245.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,358
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392020417320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392020417320.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,292
Last edited:

knapz

Apr 25, 2011
saw your first pic and I thought... WTF.
saw your second pic and thought... FUK YEAH! :highfive:

I bought a black official Google bumper case but it started peeling almost right away. I wasn't able to RMA it because I wasn't the original owner. So rather than have a case that was degrading over time I decided to strip it right down. Here are the results. I might still order a skin for the back not sure yet. As you can see it's glossy and still has the Nexus logo. If your wondering I used just my fingernail to scrap it as I didn't want to damage it with a razor blade or any chemical.

Reactions: vanisleryan

d_phekt

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Just wondering.. How long did it take to scrape it completely off with your fingernail? I like the look and may do this as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ilostmypistons

Jan 25, 2011
McHenry Il
I like the black case better with the coating remove from the back. Took me most of the day scratch that $h:t off the back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011

Thanks I might get a skin for the front too. Not sure. I kinda prefer having the skin on the case though since I get a similar effect but my camera is recessed. The one thing I don't get about the Nexus 5 design is having the camera stick out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a black official Google bumper case but it started peeling almost right away. I wasn't able to RMA it because I wasn't the original owner. So rather than have a case that was degrading over time I decided to strip it right down. Here are the results. I might still order a skin for the back not sure yet. As you can see it's glossy and still has the Nexus logo. If your wondering I used just my fingernail to scrap it as I didn't want to damage it with a razor blade or any chemical. Added Dbrand Skin see pic on second page.

Update added a dbrand skin.

Looks quite nice that :)
    Looks quite nice that :)

I agree! But if you want to slap something like a dbrand on it, I totally can see that working as well.
    Update added a dbrand skin.

That looks awesome