[ROOT] Rooting JetStream for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY {WORKING}

Search This thread

AshDeezy

Nov 15, 2007
I successfully rooted! Got CWM working and root is there. Although I have the files I'm sure other members of the community will want this stuff as refurb Jetstreams and clearance ones come on the market.

Thank you DooMLoRD and Juannicolas for helping me out. I have a few questions:

1. My bootloader screen still shows me as S-ON. What is the point of being S-OFF? And how do I do it?

2. My HBOOT shows version 1.78.0007 and I noticed most everyone has 1.78.0010. Why is that?

3. Like others the whole reason I'm doing this is to enable AnyConnect. AnyConnect says I'm not even rooted (rooted: false) and that I don't have tun.ko loaded. Has anyone got AnyConnect working on here?

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda premium

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I have all the files needed. I can post them here, if that is allowed? Let me know.

No issues mate whatever helps the community ;)

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

I successfully rooted! Got CWM working and root is there. Although I have the files I'm sure other members of the community will want this stuff as refurb Jetstreams and clearance ones come on the market.

1. My bootloader screen still shows me as S-ON. What is the point of being S-OFF? And how do I do it?

2. My HBOOT shows version 1.78.0007 and I noticed most everyone has 1.78.0010. Why is that?

3. Like others the whole reason I'm doing this is to enable AnyConnect. AnyConnect says I'm not even rooted (rooted: false) and that I don't have tun.ko loaded. Has anyone got AnyConnect working on here?

I don't know much about S-OFF/HBOOT but for tun/tap u can try my custom kernel for this device...

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
No issues mate whatever helps the community ;)

I don't know much about S-OFF/HBOOT but for tun/tap u can try my custom kernel for this device...

Sorry to inform you but we still have no S-OFF yet. AFAIK

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
have you unlocked the bootloader again?
flashed the insecure kernel?
rememberd closing all adb and htcsync process on you computer?

Reactions: emuking

emuking

Dec 10, 2009
Redmond, WA
Thank you! First time doing this and missed the first line of the OP about already having unlocked bootloaders. Misread the post title as the mod also performing the unlocking of that. I have a rooted Jetstream now :p yay!

Mitchface

Mar 7, 2012
Charlottetown
Can you post a method to remove your kernel from Rogers Jetstreams as there are no stock roms available on HTC for us to flash and it causes constant reboots thnx.

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
there's a version of stock kernel at the task650 rom thread. not sure to which version, and honestly i dont think it matters...

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
I have a .sh file for unix/osx but it still under testing. It seems in one of the steps is not getting the busybox installed. I will look at it to see if I can make it work, anyways I also have osx so it would be nice to have not install windows for it.

I tested it and it seems to work. if anyone could give it a try I will appreciate any input.

OSX
UNIX

Requirements: DoomKernel

Attachments

• rooting_osx_unix.zip
    1 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: skoullias

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas
I have a .sh file for unix/osx but it still under testing. It seems in one of the steps is not getting the busybox installed. I will look at it to see if I can make it work, anyways I also have osx so it would be nice to have not install windows for it.

I tested it and it seems to work. if anyone could give it a try I will appreciate any input.

OSX
UNIX

EDIT: Found a bug. Do not download until further notice.

juannicolas

Mar 10, 2011
Caguas

OSX
UNIX

EDIT: Found a bug. Do not download until further notice.

Fixed.

Attachments

• root_osx_v2.zip
    1 MB · Views: 71

bobcdy

Dec 28, 2009
FINALLY ACHIEVED ROOT.
All is well after numerous tries. I'm not sure what caused my last attempt to work, but now adb wireless, root explorer, and titanium backup all have superuser status and are working perfectly.

Help!
I thought I did all correct up until the runme.bat. At that point I received continually error messages; the chief one being that adb server was out of date? Noted a 2010 date on the xda download for adb, so updated it with one from 2012 - same error. Adb is out of date followed by repeated error messagesl, and no root.

I had successfully unlocked the htc bootloader, ran the 'fastboot boot insecure.img'; waited for reboot. Installed the unzipped v2toolkit and runme.bat to root of C drive. Ran runme.bat. Errors!

After repeatedly trying to root the Jetstream, I waited until all finished and it rebooted. Rebooted once again and found I had the Superuser, but not Busybox. Tried to install Titanium Backup, but it indicated the root had failed and TB did not have root access.

Help!

Last edited:

kailashpchhabria

Dec 4, 2011
Bangalore
FINALLY ACHIEVED ROOT.
All is well after numerous tries. I'm not sure what caused my last attempt to work, but now adb wireless, root explorer, and titanium backup all have superuser status and are working perfectly.

Help!
I thought I did all correct up until the runme.bat. At that point I received continually error messages; the chief one being that adb server was out of date? Noted a 2010 date on the xda download for adb, so updated it with one from 2012 - same error. Adb is out of date followed by repeated error messagesl, and no root.

I had successfully unlocked the htc bootloader, ran the 'fastboot boot insecure.img'; waited for reboot. Installed the unzipped v2toolkit and runme.bat to root of C drive. Ran runme.bat. Errors!

After repeatedly trying to root the Jetstream, I waited until all finished and it rebooted. Rebooted once again and found I had the Superuser, but not Busybox. Tried to install Titanium Backup, but it indicated the root had failed and TB did not have root access.

Help!

Try either of the 2 following:
1. Unistall your HTC Sync if you got it installed. Then try.
2. When you fail the 1st time, go to task manager and end all adb and fastboot related data.
I did both and they did help me the 1st time.

Reactions: bobcdy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so here is a working root method for users who have unlocked bootloaders (via HTCDev.com)...

since i dont have this device with me a few users have tested it and it works: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1314841&page=14

proof:

attachment.php

thank you nmyseteroious for the snapshot ;)

[ part 1: hotbooting the insecure kernel ]

1. download the insecure kernel (v02)
    2. reboot into fastboot mode (adb reboot bootloader)
    3. check if device is detected (fastboot devices)
    4. if its detected then hotboot this kernel u downloaded (fastboot boot filename.img)
    5. the device will start booting
    6. now go to part 2

[ part 2: executing the rooting toolkit ]

1. download the v02 toolkit for JetStream files and extract contents in root directory of ur pc (e.g: c:\ OR d:\)
    2. activate USB debugging
    3. connect device (with my insecure kernel on it) to pc
    4. execute RUNME.bat

thats it ;)

ur device should now be permanently rooted after reboot...

now i am wondering what part of the Bounty will i get :D

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download links ]

1. insecure kernel (v02)
    2. my rooting toolkit (v02)

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

enjoy ur rooted device

icon8.gif

cheers!
    Here are the files for the root process. Happy rooting!

All credit goes to DooMLoRD!
    Doom-- as promised. $75 sent to the link you provided.

Thanks for helping us!

Cramjammer
    I donated my part as i promised, enjoy.