Virus install attempt when entering the site..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bonesy

Jan 28, 2009
Cornwall, united kingdom
So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..
6xQauyA.jpg

vDt3RiZ.jpg

37QieqH.jpg

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware

bitpushr

Retired XDA:Administrator
So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware

Thank you for reporting this - this isn't something XDA itself is promoting but it is coming through one of our ad networks and we have been unable to track it down. Did it take you to the play store to install that App? Or did it download the APK directly?

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
I'll try to replicate it to get the non market one again as I denied the dload when it asked. Will report back

I go that on a different site yesterday. Bad popup ad with no ability to click out of it. What happens when a site doesn't screen their advertisers, they get to look like idiots.

As a note, my bet is it's "Clean Master" as I'm seeing that same general popup without the virus warnings today.

Last edited:

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
I applied xda reconized contributer form last month . I got a reply including a link containing comments of my application reviewer . I just follow that link , but I get Notification from my antivirus about bug contents .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

falcorr

May 17, 2016
I always thought that those were fake. They trick you into thinking that you have a virus , then the app you install to remove the virus is the actual virus. I just click those off

Status
Not open for further replies.