Restore Stock Samsung Recovery

Search This thread

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I have CWM recovery now on my SGH-i747 with 4.3 rooted., so how can I get back STOCK Samsung Recovery so I can get the OTA Update for this phone?? It will download it but will not install it after reboot. So is it because of the CWM Recovery and that it does not have Stock Recovery??? Thanks for Help...

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
DAA!!! Think article Titled "Restore Stock Samsung Recovery" But you said nothing about How to Restore Stock Samsung Recovery????

This might help: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722660

Or this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50551942

I have an i747m so getting back to stock recovery can be done by flashing a stock ROM via Odin. Since you have the i747, I don't know of any method to get the stock recovery back on your phone.

Last edited:

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
Stock Recovery

This might help: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722660

Or this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50551942

I have an i747m so getting back to stock recovery can be done by flashing a stock ROM via Odin. Since you have the i747, I don't know of any method to get the stock recovery back on your phone.

Surely there is easier way to get CWM recovery out of phone and back to Stock Samsung Recovery than having to install the entire Stock OS firmware????

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Can I replace CWM Recovery for Stock Samsung 3e Recovery by flashing attached file in Odin 3.07 PDA on my i747 4.3???? Think all 3e Recovery are same no matter Android firmware? Or does it have to be from a 4.3 firmware? Are all 3e Recovery the same/

I'm really not sure as I have never tried it before. To get back to stock, I have always used Odin to flash the entire ROM.

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I'm really not sure as I have never tried it before. To get back to stock, I have always used Odin to flash the entire ROM.

Wish someone had old i747 with 4.3 could try it and see if the file would get it back to Samsung Recovery 3e.
Seems like it would be possible since you can flash CWM & TRWP on one in place of the Samsung Recovery 3e

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Wish someone had old i747 with 4.3 could try it and see if the file would get it back to Samsung Recovery 3e.
Seems like it would be possible since you can flash CWM & TRWP on one in place of the Samsung Recovery 3e

One issue with the 4.3 bootloader is the fact that you cannot simply flash back to stock using Odin if something goes wrong.

I think there are different versions of the stock recovery because updated versions of CWM and TWRP are required to flash newer custom ROMs. Also, some phones have different partition layouts. For example, Samsung phones have an EFS folder that can be accessed by an end user while this is not the case with a Nexus 4.

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
One issue with the 4.3 bootloader is the fact that you cannot simply flash back to stock using Odin if something goes wrong.

I think there are different versions of the stock recovery because updated versions of CWM and TWRP are required to flash newer custom ROMs. Also, some phones have different partition layouts. For example, Samsung phones have an EFS folder that can be accessed by an end user while this is not the case with a Nexus 4.

Makes Sense!!!! May I ask you what is an "Easy Way" to get my i747 S3 4.3 to 4.4.2 since I cannot do the OTA I get and that you know WORKS. I am rooted with CWM for recovery.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Makes Sense!!!! May I ask you what is an "Easy Way" to get my i747 S3 4.3 to 4.4.2 since I cannot do the OTA I get and that you know WORKS. I am rooted with CWM for recovery.

I don't know of a sure-fire way. Whenever a person alters a phone's operating system using official or unofficial methods, there's always a risk that something will go wrong.

Since you have CWM, you could flash a custom Kit Kat ROM? If you want the latest TouchWiz ROM, have a look in the development thread. You'll need the newwest version of CWM to flash Kit Kat.

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I don't know of a sure-fire way. Whenever a person alters a phone's operating system using official or unofficial methods, there's always a risk that something will go wrong.

Since you have CWM, you could flash a custom Kit Kat ROM? If you want the latest TouchWiz ROM, have a look in the development thread. You'll need the newwest version of CWM to flash Kit Kat.

Rom Manager shows it has latest CWM Recovery. Did not really want a Custom Rom, always like the Stock ones on phone. Guess I am just stuck with 4.3 then. Thanks for your HELP!!!!!

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Rom Manager shows it has latest CWM Recovery. Did not really want a Custom Rom, always like the Stock ones on phone. Guess I am just stuck with 4.3 then. Thanks for your HELP!!!!!

I prefer custom ROMs because they tend to perform better than a stock carrier ROM in my opinion. I prefer a dark UI which TW doesn't have.

Since you have a custom recovery, you could create a nandroid backup, flash a custom KK ROM, and try it out. If you don't like the custom ROM, restore your backup.

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I prefer custom ROMs because they tend to perform better than a stock carrier ROM in my opinion. I prefer a dark UI which TW doesn't have.

Since you have a custom recovery, you could create a nandroid backup, flash a custom KK ROM, and try it out. If you don't like the custom ROM, restore your backup.

That is very true I have backup of my 4.3. Unless something would screw up and could not get phone to life to get to Recovery. Just stay with the 4.3 Will never install CWM again and loose 3e Samsung Recovery where you can not get OTA Updates. Thanks again audit13!!!!! They should make CWM & TWRP where you can good back to Stock Samsung Recovery. My opinion...

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
That is very true I have backup of my 4.3. Unless something would screw up and could not get phone to life to get to Recovery. Just stay with the 4.3 Will never install CWM again and loose 3e Samsung Recovery where you can not get OTA Updates. Thanks again audit13!!!!!

Sorry I couldn't help you more. I went from a stock Bell Canada 4.1.2 ROM to a custom KK ROM.

Have a look in the development forum. You'll see some amazing KK ROMs. If you wait a while, I'm sure you'll see some custom KK TW ROMs based off a stock TW ROM and kernel.

Top Liked Posts