{SUPPORT CANCELED}[OCR][WIN]For all ROMS & Devices[CWM&TWRP][10/9]

Search This thread

tjex

Aug 19, 2008
Vancouver
Hey guys, still new with android.

I used this tool a while back to unroot my nexus S i9020a (Fido).
Now it got updated to 2.3.6 I lost the root. It stills shows the unlocked lock went booting the phone.

Two questions:
1- How do I re-root? I tried using this tool “fastboot oem unlock”, but it returns with a FAIL saying it's already rooted. Titanium back up says it doesn't have root access. Tried to install busybox

2- How do I revert it back to oem as my proximity sensor died and I need to get it fixed under warranty.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

TrueYears

Jan 13, 2011
I have a Tmobile Nexus S I tired using this but it never found my device.

Which one am I suppose to be using?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

the "freeze" is the stock recovery! run the tool again and you will come into clockworkmod!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Okay, so I am in the bootloader now, and its unlocked, but if I pick Recovery from there it takes me with that android guy an a triangle with a ! on top

How can I fix this?

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

the "freeze" is the stock recovery! run the tool again and you will come into clockworkmod!

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

no youre lying. I ran"tool" again and it still takes you to the stock recovery

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

To get into recovery, turn phone off, then hold volume up and power, then use volume key to scroll down to recovery, select with power button.

Sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA App

I tried this and it doesnt work just boots normally

sigh, 4 tries and it finally work

only boots to the stock recovery

Last edited:

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
I just successfully Unlocked my Bootloader and then Rooted my phone with this process......It was super easy.

Now I have the Super User Installed on my I9023 V 2.3.6 with Stock ROM.

But how do I get the CWM recovery sticked as I dont have that right now , when I tried to see.

Its just the Stock recovery screen, .

I want to install a CUSTOM ROM, Please someone tell me how to get the CWM recovery back so that I can flash a Custom ICS Rom.

sean1984

Aug 31, 2011
Orlando
I just successfully Unlocked my Bootloader and then Rooted my phone with this process......It was super easy.

Now I have the Super User Installed on my I9023 V 2.3.6 with Stock ROM.

But how do I get the CWM recovery sticked as I dont have that right now , when I tried to see.

Its just the Stock recovery screen, .

I want to install a CUSTOM ROM, Please someone tell me how to get the CWM recovery back so that I can flash a Custom ICS Rom.

fastboot flash recovery or download rom manager from market and flash recovery then flash this for sticky recovery then you can flash custom rom which all have sticky recovery
also this is a easy way to set up sdk on your computer http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1474895

Attachments

• Fix-Recovery.zip
    144.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
Hi Thanks , Can you be a bit elaborate on this ?

I flashed using this one click rooting , and it rooted and installed Super User .

Now Please tell me where I am wrong?

1. I will hold volume up+Power to go to Fastboot Mode.

2.??????????????????????????

3.then how do I flash this recovery sticky ?

Through Update via zip card option ?

I am getting Puzzled at all these.

In simple words, I am on Stock Recovery now, and I am rooted with SU, so I want to install a Custom ROM for my I9023.

But for that I dont find any option to get into CWM, to wipe factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and then install Zip from SD Card.

How do I do all those?

A video with download links would be very big help.

sean1984

Aug 31, 2011
Orlando
Hi Thanks , Can you be a bit elaborate on this ?

I flashed using this one click rooting , and it rooted and installed Super User .

Now Please tell me where I am wrong?

1. I will hold volume up+Power to go to Fastboot Mode.

2.??????????????????????????

3.then how do I flash this recovery sticky ?

Through Update via zip card option ?

I am getting Puzzled at all these.

In simple words, I am on Stock Recovery now, and I am rooted with SU, so I want to install a Custom ROM for my I9023.

But for that I dont find any option to get into CWM, to wipe factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and then install Zip from SD Card.

How do I do all those?

A video with download links would be very big help.
just download rom manager from market on your phone and flash recovery through the app. make sure you put the fix recovery zip on your sd card before you flash recovery. after you flash recovery through rom manager it will give you an option to reboot into recovery do that once in recovery select install zip from sd select recovery fix zip hit yes to flash it then reboot system now and then your recovery will stick when your using a stock rom

Reactions: sunnylovesalman

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
So I have Downloaded ROM MANAGER PREMIUM LATEST VERSION,.

Now I have FLASH CLOCKWORD MODE RECOVERY(i WILL press that......? )

I have put the fix recovery zip on my sd card (Already).

Now I will do as You suggested................?

[ TELL ME.......If I want a Custom ROM, I will have that Zip in SD CARD, and then If I press INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD option inside the ROM Manager, will it give me to Install a NEW ROM ??????????????]

sean1984

Aug 31, 2011
Orlando
So I have Downloaded ROM MANAGER PREMIUM LATEST VERSION,.

Now I have FLASH CLOCKWORD MODE RECOVERY(i WILL press that......? )

I have put the fix recovery zip on my sd card (Already).

Now I will do as You suggested................?

[ TELL ME.......If I want a Custom ROM, I will have that Zip in SD CARD, and then If I press INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD option inside the ROM Manager, will it give me to Install a NEW ROM ??????????????]

once you have flashed clockworkmod recovery then flashed the recovery fix i gave you your recovery will stick so after that download the rom of your choice,place rom on sd card and flash through clockworkmod recovery.
steps to flash rom
power down phone
hold volume up and power button
use volume key to go down to recovery select using power button
once in recovery navigate to backup and restore and select backup so you have a backup in case anything bad happens
make sure the rom you want to flash is on your sd card before you wipe old rom
select install zip from sd
use this to clean wipe old rom http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=875031&d=1327665477
select rom wiper and then select yes
go to install from sd again choose rom you downloaded and hit yes
if the rom has seperate gapps then select install from sd and hit yes to install gapps
then navigate back and select reboot system now
done let phone boot into new rom
if you want rom with tons of great mods try this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463437
if you want rom close to stock with a couple mods try this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488100
make sure to get correct rom for your phone either crespo or crespo4g
good luck!

Last edited:

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
just download rom manager from market on your phone and flash recovery through the app. make sure you put the fix recovery zip on your sd card before you flash recovery. after you flash recovery through rom manager it will give you an option to reboot into recovery do that once in recovery select install zip from sd select recovery fix zip hit yes to flash it then reboot system now and then your recovery will stick when your using a stock rom

once you have flashed clockworkmod recovery then flashed the recovery fix i gave you your recovery will stick so after that download the rom of your choice,place rom on sd card and flash through clockworkmod recovery.
steps to flash rom
power down phone
hold volume up and power button
use volume key to go down to recovery select using power button
once in recovery navigate to backup and restore and select backup so you have a backup in case anything bad happens
make sure the rom you want to flash is on your sd card before you wipe old rom
select install zip from sd
use this to clean wipe old rom http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=875031&d=1327665477
select rom wiper and then select yes
go to install from sd again choose rom you downloaded and hit yes
if the rom has seperate gapps then select install from sd and hit yes to install gapps
then navigate back and select reboot system now
done let phone boot into new rom
if you want rom with tons of great mods try this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1463437
if you want rom close to stock with a couple mods try this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488100
make sure to get correct rom for your phone either crespo or crespo4g
good luck!

Thanks for your immense help, and I am following what u said, just see whether I get a Bricked Nexus I9023 or I end up with a fine flowing ICS ROM.

And how do I use the ROM WIPER.zip?

That last help from you would make me atleast confident of doing it all the way ahead, without looking back.

Thanks for this help.

sean1984

Aug 31, 2011
Orlando
Thanks for your immense help, and I am following what u said, just see whether I get a Bricked Nexus I9023 or I end up with a fine flowing ICS ROM.

And how do I use the ROM WIPER.zip?

That last help from you would make me atleast confident of doing it all the way ahead, without looking back.

Thanks for this help.

rom wiper wipes out your old rom completely so you have a clean slate to flash new rom onto.you flash romwiper.zip in cwm recovery before you flash new rom
did you get clockworkmod recovery installed again? if you did follow the steps i provided you above in my previous post on flashing new rom

sunnylovesalman

Jun 14, 2010
Kolkata
I am downloading the ICS rom that you gave me . Once thats downloaded, I ll put it in my SD and then I ll do what u said step by step.

And lets hope for the best.

And 1 thing I must say, I use Galaxy S2, its a much easy process with all these there.

Even a 3 year Old could flash ROMs , root, unrrot with a button like having a cup cake .

Because u have ODIN there .

But I must just say , that this Nexus s is not a friendly phone from any ways .

Your help was awesome that helped me to reach this far,........ for I was about to sell this crap i9023 today itself .

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Thanks bro.................u must get some thing from me .

I m on miui v4 and its running like butter.

Top Liked Posts