What do YOU want in .sense

Search This thread

stevie67

Sep 18, 2011
Ben for gods sake do the Rom the way you want to do it if people don't like what you have done then they don't deserve it

As long as it boots I don't care

Sent from my HTC A510e using XDA Premium App

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Ben for gods sake do the Rom the way you want to do it if people don't like what you have done then they don't deserve it

As long as it boots I don't care

Sent from my HTC A510e using XDA Premium App

I agree

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

Come on you guys.. I'm not the only one using it.

Suggest anything thats practical (and legal) that I can add. If it's a app, theme or a tweak! ANYTHING!

D

Deleted member 437861

Come on you guys.. I'm not the only one using it.

Suggest anything thats practical (and legal) that I can add. If it's a app, theme or a tweak! ANYTHING!

Ben I like what you do and I believe a lot of other people do too.

However, you must remember that everyone is different and although you may please all of the people some of the time, you will NEVER please all of the people ALL of the time.

Here is my suggestion:

Make two versions of the same ROM.

Version 1 = Fully Loaded.
Add everything that you yourself would deem to be the PERFECT ROM and that you would comfortably use everyday.

Version 2 = Basic/Clean.
This version should be as clean as humanly possible. What I mean is a ROM that has ALL unnecessary packages taken out. For example, Facebook, Friend Stream, Lattitude, Maps, Navigation, News, News & Weather, Peep, Places, Stocks, You Tube, plus anything else you want.
If the Basic Version has ALL the main functions to work as a smartphone, then for a lot of people I'm sure they would be happy. My reason is that it would clear a lot of space as everyone seems to conplain about space. However, this version would also allow them to add ONLY the things that they would want and use.

Please this is only a SUGGESTION, nothing else.
You said you wanted something/anything and that is what I have done to HELP out.

At least it will give you something to think about.

Reactions: schlund

benjamingwynn

Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Ben I like what you do and I believe a lot of other people do too.

However, you must remember that everyone is different and although you may please all of the people some of the time, you will NEVER please all of the people ALL of the time.

Here is my suggestion:

Make two versions of the same ROM.

Version 1 = Fully Loaded.
Add everything that you yourself would deem to be the PERFECT ROM and that you would comfortably use everyday.

Version 2 = Basic/Clean.
This version should be as clean as humanly possible. What I mean is a ROM that has ALL unnecessary packages taken out. For example, Facebook, Friend Stream, Lattitude, Maps, Navigation, News, News & Weather, Peep, Places, Stocks, You Tube, plus anything else you want.
If the Basic Version has ALL the main functions to work as a smartphone, then for a lot of people I'm sure they would be happy. My reason is that it would clear a lot of space as everyone seems to conplain about space. However, this version would also allow them to add ONLY the things that they would want and use.

Please this is only a SUGGESTION, nothing else.
You said you wanted something/anything and that is what I have done to HELP out.

At least it will give you something to think about.

Beta will solve this problem once and for all, trust me :)

Ignore the incomplete logic, what apps from other roms would you like to see in this one!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium

D

Deleted member 437861

Beta will solve this problem once and for all, trust me :)

Ignore the incomplete logic, what apps from other roms would you like to see in this one!

I am NOT and expert by a good user only.

What really helps me is using the phone as a Communication tool.

What would be good that I always add to my phone are the following:

Adobe Reader.
AVG Antivirus.
Astro File Manager.
Google Docs.
Quick Office.
Solitaire.

As you can see from the above it's more like a Mobile Office. As long as the basics such as Calculator, Calendar, Gmail, HTC Hub, Market, Messages, People and maybe You Tube, I'm happy.

Maybe others would be too.

However, if you did make a Fully Loaded Version, some of the above could well be good to have. I'm sure that only the lack of Internal Memory will be the stumbling block.

I appreciate everything you have achieved due to the hard work you have done so far. I'm also sure that a lot more people are happier than you might think, because not everyone using your ROMS has voted. I guess if there is a way that you can check how many downloads there have been each time you update your ROMS, should really be a true measure of your success.

I just wish that more people like myself (an enthusiastic user) who are NOT developers, appreciate what people like yourself are trying to achieve and also for free.

Thank you very much again for all your hard work and I look forward to your next update.

Reactions: benjamingwynn

benjamingwynn

Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Bumpity bump bump bump

What do you want in .sense.... Now that is has its new installer?

mhrsolanki2020

Jan 15, 2012
twaeks in settings menu

hey i think the tweaks you put in aroma instaler is good .. but if all the settings like MULTIPLE KErNALS , multiplle rosie utility, status bar type.. i wish all these were in settings menu like choose ny one of those.. :( ..
or something like a preview of it in aroma instaler.. so that we can select the best combination after trying some..
(i myself flashed it tons of times to select different type of ketnals, music player, rosie utility(drawer settings), and above all of that I DONT KNOW WHERE IS THAT BEATS AND AUDIO OR AUDIO AND BEATS what it is? and where is it?)
and more tweaks like in cm7 (sliding the notification in the status bar to remove it.. )
and the internet symbol (gprs or 3g) it really annoys when i am working on wifi :( ...
a led controller i installed it from market but stil if it is inbuilt it will be awesome
free up some internal space plz.
get a stable overcloackable kernal
remove TELL HTC and insert TELL BEN :)P) make a online syncing acount add it up there and then you can know the logs and probs without testers and normal users can help you .. in short speeding up the proceess of moving towards the development of rom
add up tweaks of cm7 like what we want in status bar and all

hardikrajgor123

Jul 10, 2008
Mumbai
I'd say put this app 'SD Booster'. Helps improve read write speed of the SD card. Will be really helpful for Link2SD and Data2SD .

I tried it on Mindhacker's ROM and it felt quite smooth, the UI. Also, no more lag unlocking the screen. Do have a look at this one.

You're doing an amazing job Ben :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
I want marvelc compatibility. We've been screwed for far too long.

EDIT: I reread my post and wish to clarify. I mean screwed by the whole community. NOT just you.

Sent from my HTC_A510c

Last edited:

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
yes i agree, marvelc support would be very nice, its like we are left in the dark :p....they forgot about us, but some devs are finding us :)

mars83

Feb 1, 2010
Wrocław
I want dictionaries for HTC Keyboard! :p It's very anoying when I set Polish/English/Italian and I see only English :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yesssss!!!!! I agree ics. Sense, that is very clean!

NookColor Cyanogenmod 7.1 "Overclocked"

Yes. No. Maybe.

Extended Quick Setings will be a great add to the rom!
    Also some nice animation will be a great feature!

Done! Expect it in alpha.

A clean Rom, just include essentials like market, superuser, busy box, some HTC bits like the weather widget, dialer, people etc.

Keep things like FB, twitter etc off of the Rom, let users decide what apps they want to install, as opposed to spending lots of time uninstalling unwanted apps.

Rom manager and ES file explorer should be included on the Rom.

Also please include a percentage counter on the battery icon, and try to keep the icons basic ( no weird shapes and garish colours )

How about a report bug option, that reports directly back to you if a user has an issue with an important aspect of the Rom ?

Sent via Tapatalk

Okay, your the boss. I will try to keep stuff clean. As for the error reporting that is a very good idea. I will see if I can cook up an error reporting app.

Notification bar brightness control would be nice just like in cm7.

Slide your finger from right to left on the bar to go dimmer and left to right for brighter screen.

This means I must use a CM framework.apk - I can't, this is a sense ROM.

I'm waiting in silence and behind a big snowstorm :(

Cool story bro.

All I want are the sense 3.0 features. The option to revert to the stock sense skin would be nice too. And please don't remove any apps that aren't available in the market. Some of us use them.

You will have the option for stock skin. I use most of the apps on the phone that aren't in market so I will include them.

just Turkish language :D

Added hopefully :)
    I'm SENSEing (pun intended) that less is more, judging by what others have written. And I agree. To throw my two pennies into the pot:

- Lightweight and compact ROM (cut out anything that can be downloaded).
    - Overclocked kernel and GB 2.3.5 (or >) is a given.
    - We like lots of RAM and internal storage, just like you. :)
    - Old style SMS (nobody likes those chat bubbles)
    - Old style Market (although, this is easily changeable)
    - Stock camera, dialer, and contacts is fine.
    - Stay away from ANYTHING that looks like Cyanogenmod visuals. CM has got to be one of the UGLIEST looking ROMs ever. There's a reason you are creating (and we are craving) a SENSE mod. HTC scored a WIN with that UI. Don't stray from it too much. Sense 2.1 is more than adequate.
    - Advanced PowerButton Menu
    - Don't get too frilly with all the themes/visuals/animations/eye-candy. We're just gonna disable all that ****, anyway. :)
    - Finally (this is CRUCIAL) make sure you do NOT put an annoying bootup/shutdown animation in the ROM. You know the ones I'm talking about (if not, see the NonSense or Matteo ROMs). Basically, nothing that includes annoyingly loud audio. All animation screens should be quick, QUIET, and dark (i.e. black backgrounds)... for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to see your work.
    Thanks in advance.

- Tigger31337
    Expect .sense testing 3 in : 1 hour or <7 days
    Sense 3.5, Data2SD, OC Kernel, Clean of any unusable apps or that are in Market like FB, Friend Stream, HTC Hub, HTC Likes, News, Stocks, Google Maps, etc. That would be the best ROM

Okay :) I have removed junk

Cyanongenmod features

NookColor Cyanogenmod 7.1 "Overclocked"

You can't just "add" the CM stuff, it runs through other parts of the system.

Percental and visible battery in status bar.
    Salsa (?) type sms bubbles.

SMS Bubbles and Percent battery we now have :)

maybe add otg support is a good choice

来自我的HTC Wildfire S 使用XDA 高级版 发送

I have no idea what OTG is.

make it as much customizable as it can be :) that's always a hit ;)

How?

Customizable status bar design more than CM7.

As the smartboy0668 said.
    Increase the internal memory without install link2sd or Data2sd.
    I mean already including in a ROM.
    Two different ROM version link2sd or Data2sd.
    or one version is ok. I dont know which one is the better.

Internal will be about 100mb (ish). I don't want to get people to resize partitions to install my ROM

We want feature of 3.5 sense..with more internal memory...
    Rom shoud have sense skin support..
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA App

It now runs a 3.5 core. Skin support is being worked on.

maybe some cm7 features. I'd love a cyanosense. Tried to cook one myself. But it's a nightmare to get an overview about how all the sense components work together

I may add some CM7 stuff. But it's unlikely.
    what abt transparent status bar...

I will work on it :)

definitely more internal memory data2sd and maybe transition effects like Go Launcher and maybe crt effect????

I will give out a data2sd version, CRT effect is a maybe.

SUPER CUSTOMIZABLE...like we can change everything we can see on the screen...:D :D :D

Hehe. Maybe later.

Please keep all HTC widgets on board. I may be one of a very few people, but I like them very much. After all that's what Sense is all about, isn't it? :)

You could add some more HTC Widgets from HTC Hub, too. I've been unable to log into htcsense.com for months now. :(

You could remove stuff available on the Market (like Facebook, etc.), that's fine. You could also remove HTC Stocks. There are far better apps/sites for people who need information like that.

Skin support with various skins would be highly appreciated, too. :)

And now some more creative suggestions:

• If you could re-partition the internal memory and make at least 200mb available for apps (instead of default 150mb), that would be great. Of course this should not affect the performance/stability of the device in a bad manner... If you decide to stick to the familiar stuff, Link2SD on board and Data2SD as an option are okay.
    • As someone else mentioned, CM7 features are very welcome. Especially some extended options in the Settings menu.
    • I would like to see some ICS/CM9 features, like the reorganized Settings menu, the app drawer, etc. Anyway, I believe more of that is about to come in .sense 2.0 at the earliest. ;)
    • I don't like HTC Explorer's Sense 3.5 interface very much. I'd prefer a Launcher which resembles the Senstation (XE) 3.5 interface instead.
    • I would like to see an O/C Daemon support for an automatic control of the CPU. I myself don't think the implementation of an O/C Daemon would be an easy job to do, so maybe leave this thing out.
    • Some drivers which enhance the sound volume and quality are well-needed. When I'm outdoors I pretty much have to rely on the vibration to get an incoming call.
    • You could also implement the latest OTA Update (most of all the new radio). It should bring a better performance and prolonged battery life, otherwise what does it stand for? :)
    • Support of various add-ons, like bootanimations, transition effects, themes (not just skins), easier support of UOT Kitchen without an upload of any system files (like the one in m1ndh4x8r's ROM) and various mods/ tweaks to be installed by choice.

Right now I can't think of anything else but this is more than enough. I can't wait to try out a well-cooked version of your ROM. ;)

1) It would affect the stability and your average person would have trouble resizing partitions.
    2) I've already talked CM7
    3) Maybe I will mod the settings app. I will see :)
    4) That's HDPI. Explorers MDPI. Simple choice for me :p
    5) It wouldn't be. But I will look around to see if there is one, if there is I will implant it.
    6) Done. Better sound in alpha
    7) Done.
    8) Hmm. I will look into the UOT idea.

Cyanbread andronian themes

HTC Wildfire S VM "S-Off" "Rooted" Stock Rom

Maybe, this is back to the theme support idea.

All i want is everthing working with a good battery life......data2sd can be installed via the Data2Sd Installer by Jikantaru(now m1ndh4x8r)

It should now have brilliant battery. Yes it can be installed via DATA2SD installer :)

Sense 3 and do not include anything that can be added post install. But allow for the ability to do so. Basically a stripped down, customizable Sense 3 ROM.

HTC Wildfire S | CyanogenMod 7.2
    Sent from XDA app

Done. Hopefully.

would be great the wake up by volume buttons!

No. Why not? Because this is not that good. We have a power button so let's use it. I don't want to wake my phone by mistake.

If you really want this get widgetlocker, it has an option to do so in it.

im a big fun of ics, and i want to suggest you to style your rom in ics way.
    i think IceCream Sense is a good inspiration.

I will look into ICS style sense :)