Must have app if you use the Google Play store

Search This thread

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Android Market Helper

http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/
This app tricks the app store into thinking you have a different device, a Nexus 7 for instance.
This doesn't change your build prop and using it is dead simple. Run it, choose the device you wish to emulate from the drop down list.
click the link for google dashboard, which registers the device as the one you are emulating. Go to play store, download the app you want.
When you're done, reboot the tablet or go back to the mrket helper app and choose restore.

It works as advertised.

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
To bad you have to be rooted it said that in later versions it will work for unrooted devices so I will keep it and wait for the update great find man

sent from my unrooted kindle fire hd

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks, will check it out later :)

Edit: Love this app, can download loads of previously "incompatible" apps.

Last edited:

vlavlix

Dec 10, 2012
Doesn't work

:eek: it seems like I run the app, do all the steps but it doesn't change the configuration in the play store

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Are you logging in to the Google dashboard and verifying the emulated device is listed? I use nexus 7. Works fine for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

hector333

Jan 9, 2009
Veracruz
I can confirm this one works, it allow me to install angry birds from the playstore, otherwise it marks as not compatible with my device. looks like i can get rid of the 1mobile market.

geekyboy12

Jan 12, 2013
Liverpool
Excellent App

Great app. Works perfectly. I just need to find a way to get Sky Go working on my 7" Kindle Fire HD and I'll be a happy boy.:good:

vlavlix

Dec 10, 2012
Token not found?

What seems to be the problem if my error window pops up on my KFHD and says "token not found"?

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
I tried registering as both Samsung Galaxy and Nexus for two different apps. I get the message "insufficient storage is available" each time. What could I be doing wrong? Storage is not the problem, I have plenty.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Probably unrelated go into settings and remove data for the play store that should fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Braves1995

Jan 16, 2013
Probably unrelated go into settings and remove data for the play store that should fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Turns out I had a couple of lingering odex files under data/app. It had nothing to do with this app. Deleted those out, tried again and everything worked great. Thanks!

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Anyone else having issues with this, I noticed today Google pushed out version 3.10.14 of the Play Store now it's doesn't seem to work any more, tried clearing the data/cache from the Play Store & checking my Google Account & it shows the change in device but apps still remain incompatible from the app & the web versions.

Edit: Well, installing/pushing apps from the web version seems to be working now, but not from the actual device, better than nothing I guess.

Edit 2: That was short lived, not working again, says apps are compatible but grey's the device out even with Nexus 7 set as device.

Edit 3: Market Helper v1.1 released today! Now stuff works again :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Market Helper

http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/
    This app tricks the app store into thinking you have a different device, a Nexus 7 for instance.
    This doesn't change your build prop and using it is dead simple. Run it, choose the device you wish to emulate from the drop down list.
    click the link for google dashboard, which registers the device as the one you are emulating. Go to play store, download the app you want.
    When you're done, reboot the tablet or go back to the mrket helper app and choose restore.

It works as advertised.
    Thank you so much for this app! Now I can finally download Crackle to my KF!