DInc Gingerbread Upgrade problem and Froyo CWM Errors - Can't Mount SDcard and Cache

Search This thread

BelmontAl

Mar 21, 2013
This is a follow-up to my "Problem Installing Gingerbread; currently have Froyo 2.2 s-off" post.Thought I'd repost with an updated title that better reflects progress made so far in restoring my DInc.

Background:
- DInc purchased new; rooted; s-off; Incredikernal; Convert2Ext4_no_data_limit_normal_dalvik mod; CM7.2 (was on Tiny's CM10.1)
- Phone died while listening to music (plugged in to 5volt 2amp Nexus7 charger); would not boot beyond white HTC Incredible screen.
- Tried to restore nandroid backup.
- Upon booting to recovery received numerous “can’t mount” errors in ClockworkMod (CWM).
- Could not access zip from sdcard "E:Can't mount /sdcard/". (Note: also can't mount /emmc/)
- Tried loading image from nandroid backup via HBOOT, with no success

Progress:
- Flashed stock Froyo 2.2 via HBOOT successfully. DInc is working!
- Regained root via unrevoked3 successfully
- Flashed CWM 5.0.2.0 via HBOOT successfully

Issues:

1. Still can’t access sdcard
a. Confirmed card is formatted FAT32
b. SDCard seems OK – flashing image via HBOOT works and sdcard can be read from Froyo
c. Tried "fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" followed by “fastboot reboot” commands. Programs ran but still no access.
d. Tried to re-format a different sdcard in Froyo, card got corrupted!
- Formatted FAT32 on PC, inserted in phone
- “Unmount SDcard” and "Format SDcard" in Froyo, could not “Mount sdcard” in Froyo.
- PC says that SDcard needs to be formatted
e. Help please!

2. CWM mount errors:
a. ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.2
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)
E:Can't mount /cache:recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache:recovery/log
b. ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
c. Are these errors possibly related to bad partitions: Should I try Parted per topic 6433 at cyanogenmod forum (sorry, can’t post links)?
d. Are these errors possibly caused by the Convert2Ext4 mod, and should I try to run that again if/when I get my sdcard mounted?
e. Are these errors probably hardware related, and I stop looking for a software fix?

3. Gingerbread
a. I tried to load Gingerbread images (from pvillecomp, and also a version from cmlusco) via HBOOT; but no luck (boot loop).
b. I tried to load the Gingerbread RUU (from pvillecomp), but no luck. Perhaps a HTC Sync issue, but have not yet reloaded HTC Sync.
c. If I can't overcome mounting problems, I would at least like to be running Gingerbread vs Froyo (hence title of original thread).
d. Help please!

Thanks all,
Al

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Please don't double post or post a new thread just to edit the title. You can edit your own OP to reflect progress made, (and edit the Title of the OP above the Message/Body portion in the Advanced edit screen).

Have you tried the latest TWRP? I see you have tried the latest CWM.

BelmontAl

Mar 21, 2013
PonsAsinorem,

Sorry for double-posting, and thanks for taking the time to describe how I should go about changing the title going forward.

Thanks also for the suggestion to try TWRP instead of CWM. Unfortunately I couldn't get TWRP to load.

I downloaded the latest version for the DInc from the TWRP site (openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-inc.img) and tried to load via fastboot - got the error message "FAILED: Remote not allowed".

I then tried to flash via HBOOT (I zipped the twrp image, naming the file PB31IMG.zip). It got to the "Parsing PB31IMG" stage, but I never received the option to Install Yes/No.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again,
Al

BelmontAl

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks PonsAsinorem for closing the other thread. My apologies again for the double post - I realize now how such a practice causes avoidable confusion.

Trozzul, thanks for your input on the other thread "yeah i saw that too i think it only works with AOSP, i think the problem might be your recovery, i saw that you used two different versions, 5.0.x.x and 2.5.x.x, have you tried the latest, 6.0.X.X? not sure if our ol dinc is update able to 6.0.x.x, i would try another custom recovery too, i know my inc has some flashing issues on CWM"

Per the ClockworkMod website, the latest CWM Recovery for the DInc is 5.0.2.0, so I think 6.0.X.X is not an option. Also, as mentioned above, PonsAsinorem has helped me get TWRP loaded. Am awaiting suggestions for next steps.

Thanks again,
Al

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Well I'm just going to watch and see for right now, I'm not sure what's wrong with your twrp, maybe pons will know