[APP][25MAR10][v2.4.0.2]Power Radio - FM player with RDS decoding

Search This thread

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Hi 6Fg8,

i ask because your glassbowle is damaged :). I am working on some new skins with better grafics. It will be helpfull to know if there a new version comming?

Yes, is the skin technic the same one?
No, please forget my question :D

And last but not least. The 1000 is full. Yes, yes. Now we can start with the real development :D.

Happy to be here of someone who use PowerRadio. The best radio for my TP2. The original one is not my favorite. PR is the number one for me.

6Fg8 you have done until now a very good job. Congrats from me to you - @-/--\--/--\------
Hi mike,

i dont have major updates in the pipeline, besides what we talked before - polishing, finalizing stuff etc. So, skinnig technique wont change. But as you already mentioned, my glass bowl broke, and delphi's oracle is out of service as well ... :D

The app i'm currently writing (contact sync) is way more complicated than i ever expected, and eats up all my spare time, mostly because of bugs in IE and Outlook.

Thanks and greets :)

golf16v

Oct 26, 2009
Power Radio does not properly :-(
Hello, I've installed my yes, the Power Radio. But somehow I'm on it constantly disorders. How and where do I have to set yet for exactly? What needs to be set in "Set Sensitivity"? I can not even properly receive the normal radio programs.

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Power Radio does not properly :-(
Hello, I've installed my yes, the Power Radio. But somehow I'm on it constantly disorders. How and where do I have to set yet for exactly? What needs to be set in "Set Sensitivity"? I can not even properly receive the normal radio programs.
set sensitivity to 0 for maximum sensitivity. Usually this isnt necessary, except you live in an area with weak reception conditions.

Under normal conditions theres no need to do anything else but run a scan.

golf16v

Oct 26, 2009
yes I have the sensitivity set to 0, but somehow I was not a normal radio receiver correctly. Rome lies on the radio?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Read, read, read, the first post and klick on "Supported Devices".

partially supported
HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
partially supported. Cannot receive RDS data. Copy \Windows\FMSDKWrapper.dll to \Windows\FMS_API.dll

Regards, UMH

Sorry if I'm being obtuse here, but is coying the above file a way to fix the RDS support, or simply required for Power Radio to work at all, but still cannot receive RDS regardless?

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Sorry if I'm being obtuse here, but is coying the above file a way to fix the RDS support, or simply required for Power Radio to work at all, but still cannot receive RDS regardless?
the file is necessary for general functions, but does NOT enable RDS. There is no solution currently for RDS reception.

PretoriaZ

Jun 25, 2009
Power Radio on Xperia X1i

Hi,

I'm getting an error once I open the Power Radio.
"Failed to open FM radio hardware"

I have installed the Power Radio BETA 2.0.3.0.

I tried soft reset as well, no luck. Please suggest.

br,
PretoriaZ

PretoriaZ

Jun 25, 2009
Thank you

Thank you L_o_k_i...
It worked... :)

I did like the new media panel with radio though... Its ok to compromise that for Power Radio.

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
Just a suggestion: why do not add multiprofile presets?
I mean store all the presets in a profile, to be changed when you change location. Of course in a different location there are different radio stations... So it would be nice to add locations with their own presets.
And it would be even nicer to sync the location to the one displayed in the home tab of manila 2.5! What do you think?

aleks_ab

Oct 27, 2009
доброго времени суток... хотел узнать можно ли данную программку научить понимать чип TEA5766 который стоит в Rover Evo V7

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi aleks_ab,

in this forum we prefer the english language. Please be nice to all of us.
Is this what you mean?...

доброго времени суток... хотел узнать можно ли данную программку научить понимать чип TEA5766 который стоит в Rover Evo V7

Translation:
good time of day ... wanted to know whether this magazines to learn to understand the chip TEA5766 which stands in the Rover Evo V7

UKW-Chip NXP TEA5766 (3,3x3,3 mm). Antenna: headset

Friend google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=TEA5766&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g1

Have a nice day...

Steven1900

Apr 30, 2009
Skin return to default

Hello, great work! Please, can you tell me why, when I change the skin (Dusk_Black Dark), after some time I turn off and turn on Power Radio it returns to the default skin? I have BETA 2.0.3.0 relase on htc HD.
Thank you very much for your answer. :)

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Steven1900,

Hello, great work! Please, can you tell me why, when I change the skin (Dusk_Black Dark), after some time I turn off and turn on Power Radio it returns to the default skin? I have BETA 2.0.3.0 relase on htc HD.

Please check at 1st the file permission. Is the file read only? This was in my case the problem.

Steven1900

Apr 30, 2009
Hi Steven1900,

Please check at 1st the file permission. Is the file read only? This was in my case the problem.

Hi mike2nl
thank you for your answer. The files in the directory C are not read only and also the file Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark.ini ... but if I check the property of the above directory (Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark) I see also the flag read only (but in grey color). :confused::(

Steven1900

Apr 30, 2009
Hi mike2nl
thank you for your answer. The files in the directory C are not read only and also the file Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark.ini ... but if I check the property of the above directory (Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark) I see also the flag read only (but in grey color). :confused::(

sorry ... mistake :eek:

Hi mike2nl
thank you for your answer. The files in the directory Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark are not read only and also the file Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark.ini ... but if I check the property of the above directory (Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark) I see also the flag read only (but in grey color).

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
sorry ... mistake :eek:

Hi mike2nl
thank you for your answer. The files in the directory Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark are not read only and also the file Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark.ini ... but if I check the property of the above directory (Skin_Dusk_Black_Dark) I see also the flag read only (but in grey color).

Hi Steven1900,

there is another ini file too. The powerradio.ini so far as i know at this moment. Check this file. But you are right. Sometimes i have the same event too. Not so often, but sometimes.

By the way. You like the dark series? You use a TP2 with the new rom from HTC? Then i have news. George has asked me to write a list which files are working for the TP2. With the new ROM it is amazing.

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Just a suggestion: why do not add multiprofile presets?
I mean store all the presets in a profile, to be changed when you change location. Of course in a different location there are different radio stations... So it would be nice to add locations with their own presets.
And it would be even nicer to sync the location to the one displayed in the home tab of manila 2.5! What do you think?
I might add this in a future release of Power Radio.

This might be related to a bug; unfortunately i cant test ATM as my device is in the shop for repair (guess what, FM radio has bad reception :D). Hope to get it back soon, life is hard without it.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi 6Fg8,

power radio is not working 100% on my new rom. See my signature... WM6.5 - HTC Sense 2.1
The scanning isn't working. Now i will manipulate the ini file and the registry do have stations.
The skins are working. In the next few days i will publish all the skins i have yet.

Edit:
Also sound had have a problem. Afdter i had have started manually the HeadsetButtonHandler
windows has asked me: You will install the Handler? With yes the installation was running.
Now on every startup the sound is back when i use one time the hardware volume button.
Some knack noises when i change the volume with the buttons in power radio. But with that
i can live.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why PowerRadio?
    The built-im FM player - at least on HTC HD - misses many features i'd like to have in a FM radio. PowerRadio delivers many data available via RDS which would otherwise be invisible to the listener. Here are just a few examples:
    - Radiotext: contains information broadcast by the respective station. What you get here totally depens on the broadcaster. You might see title and interpret, call-in numbers, SMS trafficservice numbers, URL's etc.
    - traffic announcements, program type, coverage area, date, time, timezone, various status flags
    More info on RDS can be found in this post.

PowerRadio1.png
    PowerRadio2.png

Note: symbolic picture. HD2 is not currently supported.

You like Power Radio?

I've spent many hours in writing this app. If you like it, why not buy me a coffee to keep me awake during the nightly coding sessions? :)

Thank you for your kind donations
    Marta F.P.
    Bruno M.
    thommic
    MartinHDK
    ricarp
    kandisbunzler
    rigoletto04
    ReM942000
    Ivan S.
    Koffein Schluck
    Herbert K.
    oscarfpa
    mcmaja
    AlexK
    MassimoG
    JürgenF
    JohanP
    GünterL
    VassiliosP
    WolfgangN

DOWNLOADS
    Power Radio runs on many, but NOT ALL devices!
    check here to see if you're lucky!

Power Radio cab's
    Supported Devices list

Station Icons
    includes instructions how to make your own cabs!
    v1.4 or greater only!

Skins
    get shiny, colorful, cool skins for Power Radio
    Hi, I`ve found a solution for the GFMAPI.DLL error on xperia x1. I had installed xperia media panel, that got uninstalled. The trick is simple...open a registry editor and navigate to "HKLM\init\" and delete the "Launch500" key. It makes a reference to an executable file from whitin the installation folder of the xperia media panel, "\Program Files\Panels\MediaExperiencePanel\MxpProcess.exe". The exe file loads automatically at startup and can`t be deleted while it`s in use, so after you edit the registry soft reset and delete the exe file. Also I`ve attached the las known version of Power Radio. Enjoy!