[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 for S3 mini ?

Search This thread

Ibrahim_F

Dec 21, 2013
Amman
Hey guys i'm just a beginner in roms and cyanogenmod :p , I have a samsung galaxy SIII mini with android 4.1 and i want to install the new cyanogenmod 11 which is based on Android Kitkat 4.4 :good: <<

my question is
1) do i have to make any update version using software update then install cyanogenmod ..
2) OR just flashing Cyanogenmod 11 will replace the 4.1 with Kitkat 4.4 software ???

I know it's an easy question for you .. thanks :confused:

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
Hey guys i'm just a beginner in roms and cyanogenmod :p , I have a samsung galaxy SIII mini with android 4.1 and i want to install the new cyanogenmod 11 which is based on Android Kitkat 4.4 :good: <<

my question is
1) do i have to make any update version using software update then install cyanogenmod ..
2) OR just flashing Cyanogenmod 11 will replace the 4.1 with Kitkat 4.4 software ???

Follow this tutorial here before installing cm
You have to install twrp recovery from maclaw
And we don't need to update anything for installing a rom and say hi for rooting ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibrahim_F

Clostry

Jan 7, 2014
I just give you a hint of what you need, there are lots of guides on this forum just search for them and read carefully ;)

First of all you must know that installing custom ROMs is potentially dangerous, it may brick your phone and it voids your warranty, you do it at your own risk.
Make sure your phone is supported by the software you're going to install, S3 mini aren't all equal, check for model number.
Before installing CM 11 you should install a custom recovery (TWRP from maclaw.pl is recommended for installing kitkat), than you can do a nandroid backup and restore it if something goes wrong, and install custom ROMs very easily.
To flash the custom recovery you need odin in windows (you can find it on maclaw.pl download page) or heimdall in linux. About odin there are lots of tutorials, just search for them, but if you need help with heimdall just ask for it :)

james.faction

Jan 20, 2014
Maclaw has great instructions too on their download page - be sure to download their ODIN version to flash with Odin.

If you google "how to flash custom rom with odin" you can get detailed instructions with pictures, I found this made me a bit more confident with what the hell I was doing :)

CM11 was great but I found Carbon with CPU management options gave me better battery life :good:

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
I just give you a hint of what you need, there are lots of guides on this forum just search for them and read carefully ;)

First of all you must know that installing custom ROMs is potentially dangerous, it may brick your phone and it voids your warranty, you do it at your own risk.
Make sure your phone is supported by the software you're going to install, S3 mini aren't all equal, check for model number.
Before installing CM 11 you should install a custom recovery (TWRP from maclaw.pl is recommended for installing kitkat), than you can do a nandroid backup and restore it if something goes wrong, and install custom ROMs very easily.
To flash the custom recovery you need odin in windows (you can find it on maclaw.pl download page) or heimdall in linux. About odin there are lots of tutorials, just search for them, but if you need help with heimdall just ask for it :)

don't make people afraid it tell them it may brick but 1 in 1000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

my question is

Follow this tutorial here before installing cm
    You have to install twrp recovery from maclaw
    And we don't need to update anything for installing a rom and say hi for rooting ;)

Maclaw has great instructions too on their download page - be sure to download their ODIN version to flash with Odin.

If you google "how to flash custom rom with odin" you can get detailed instructions with pictures, I found this made me a bit more confident with what the hell I was doing :)

CM11 was great but I found Carbon with CPU management options gave me better battery life :good: