[Q] Motorola Assist and Driving Mode Broken after Update

Search This thread

YabosMcGee

Apr 2, 2013
My XT1053 is only about a month old, and has been functioning mostly correct. However, since the most recent update (2.0.29) it no longer detects when I'm driving. The phone is completely stock, non-rooted, and I haven't installed anything recently. Anyone else having an issue with driving mode since the update? Or, anyone have an idea on what could possibly fix it? Thanks.

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
My only issue with drive detection after the update was it turning on and off while driving. Seems that different types of vibration make the thing think you're not driving anymore. I adjusted my mount with a different length arm and solved the problem. Also setting it on the seat next to me or in a visor pocket solved it as well (which is how I discovered the mount was the problem).

But if it is simply never coming on for you I think you have a different problem.

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Maybe check your Location setting, GPS should be in High Accuracy mode for it to work.

YabosMcGee

Apr 2, 2013
My only issue with drive detection after the update was it turning on and off while driving. Seems that different types of vibration make the thing think you're not driving anymore. I adjusted my mount with a different length arm and solved the problem. Also setting it on the seat next to me or in a visor pocket solved it as well (which is how I discovered the mount was the problem).

But if it is simply never coming on for you I think you have a different problem.

It never seems to come on anymore, both in my car and on my motorcycle. In the car it just sits in a cup holder. When on my motorcycle is in my jacket pocket. Both places it worked before.

Maybe check your Location setting, GPS should be in High Accuracy mode for it to work.

Already set in High Accuracy since I got the phone. Besides app updates, nothing settings-wise has changed on my device. I'm stumped.