[Q] CM based rom with PIE

Search This thread

deepayanneogi

Apr 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?

Jeckoo

Dec 19, 2013
you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom

Reactions: deepayanneogi

deepayanneogi

Apr 15, 2012
Hyderabad
actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
actually looking for a cm based rom because of theme manager, PA has no indication of including theme support.
Also if pie is there then it will be better, else might have to flash proper cm nightly

Sent from my Nexus 4

Liquidsmooth has pie and has theme manager. The new one..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hi guys, long time loyal PA user and tired of waiting for them to merge ThemeManager, want to switch to any CM based rom which has PIE functionality and properly updated.

Is there any such ROM out there? Original CM will not support PIE ever, so anyone ported PA PIE to CM ?
Beanstalk is amazing, and has Pie, Halo, multiwindow, immersive mode, Xposed baked in, and about every other feature you can imagine... It is CM based as well... Combine it with Hells-Core kernel and PA Gapps and it is rock solid, actually even with the stock kernel it is very good. I suggest it very highly.

You won't see many updates though, maybe 4-8 per year on average, this ROM is rock solid and extremely feature packed, when updates to come out they just work though, many ROMs basically use updates like a beta program, not Beanstalk. I don't know if it has the new or old theme manager, I don't use themes so I can't tell you... but it does have a theme manager.

Last edited:

deepayanneogi

Apr 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks for the suggestions guys, just clean CM latest and it's quite good till now, I feel there is slight performance hit from PA but I will take that. CM has expanded desktop so no need of PIE any more. Was tired of PA, they still haven't managed to incorporate hybrid let alone theme manager.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can try nexus 5 experience that is cm based and have slim pie , carbon but i don't know if it is cm based , and the developer of crdroid is working on a port of PIE from cm10.2 for his rom

Carbon does have PIE, but it's AOSP. :)