[Q] Question bout boot looping

Search This thread

xxbgjhn159xx

Oct 15, 2011
I have system recovery installed and have used it many times. I also have nandroid backups installed......but I'm curious, if I'm boot looping how can I get to the system recovery screen? If my phone's in a constant boot loop can't I only get to the android recovery screen?
I know if I shut my phone down it'll go into System Recovery when it's plugged in, but if I reboot (or constantly reboot) I can't get to it at all, only android recovery and rsd and all that stuff.

I have system recovery installed and have used it many times. I also have nandroid backups installed......but I'm curious, if I'm boot looping how can I get to the system recovery screen? If my phone's in a constant boot loop can't I only get to the android recovery screen?
I know if I shut my phone down it'll go into System Recovery when it's plugged in, but if I reboot (or constantly reboot) I can't get to it at all, only android recovery and rsd and all that stuff.

Pull battery to turn off phone
plug phone into wall
put battery back in

It will go to system recovery UNLESS u previously did a data wipe

I have used this.method many many times when bootlooping and have been able to get into bootstrap and restore nandroid and be all good to go :D
This is the EXACT reason why I don't mind having to plug my phone in to get recovery
many times I have bootlooped and each time I was able to get.into bootstrap. Of course if u panic and do a data wipe from stock recovery u won't be able to get in as it will wipe the charge_mode_hijack

Last edited:
Reactions: xxbgjhn159xx

xxbgjhn159xx

Oct 15, 2011
Previously as in right before, right? Just making sure.

I was thinking that but the last time I bootlooped was when I first rooted and just sbf'ed. (didn't have a backup then...and system revocery possibly)

Previously as in right before, right? Just making sure.

I was thinking that but the last time I bootlooped was when I first rooted and just sbf'ed. (didn't have a backup then...and system revocery possibly)

Bootlooping AFTER SBF is very common :)
Data wipe from stock recovery fixes that problem.

U wouldn't be able to get into bootstrap after sbf anyways since it takes root away :eek:

shogundogun

Nov 8, 2011
So what can I do if I DID a data wipe.... I have a nandroid backup, I can see it, but I cant get it to load

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pull battery to turn off phone
    plug phone into wall
    put battery back in

It will go to system recovery UNLESS u previously did a data wipe

I have used this.method many many times when bootlooping and have been able to get into bootstrap and restore nandroid and be all good to go :D
    This is the EXACT reason why I don't mind having to plug my phone in to get recovery
    many times I have bootlooped and each time I was able to get.into bootstrap. Of course if u panic and do a data wipe from stock recovery u won't be able to get in as it will wipe the charge_mode_hijack