[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

Conneyjr

Feb 1, 2011
Tallahassee
Boot Loop

I am currently trying to load this ROM and I or it seems that I keep bootlooping, Is anyone experiencing the same or what a I doing wrong?

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Are doing you doing complete reset and what are you coming from build.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

xvechip

Apr 22, 2011
I am currently trying to load this ROM and I or it seems that I keep bootlooping, Is anyone experiencing the same or what a I doing wrong?

First time i installed i got bootloop... at android on skateboard...
I just booted in openrecovery (power+up) and wiped data/cache and now it works fine !! got startup configuration wizard problems but its ok now.

GREAT ROM !!

gera_nium

Jan 21, 2011
dear frenz, just a recap only.... to have a great rom here. This is basic what i do...

1) Flash your XT720 with RSDlite. Get 2.1 Eclair .sbf rom as base(eg Cincinnati Bell or Singapore)
2) Root your XT720 with SuperOneClick 2.2
3) Install Open Recovery XT720 base on Androidiani by MiozeAe
4) Download CM7 latest build from 1st page of this thread
5) Place update.zip file in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
6) Boot into OpenRecovery (OR) Main Menu
7) Go to Apply Update > update CM7 latest build (.zip file)
8) Go to Wipe Dalvik Cache
9) Go to Wipe Data / Factory Reset
10) Go to Wipe Cache Partition
11) Reboot System

Reactions: metebeder

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
So you wiped cache/ Davlik and factory reset and then flashed ROM? Try to reflash it a second time and see if any ghosts might be around.

So do this. Blah blah blah 2.1, root, OR>wipe cache/ Dalvik>reset> flash CM7>wipe Cache/Dalvik rest again and see if it bootloops. If so then go back into OR and reflash CM7 (essentially flashing it overtop of itself).

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Hi.
J.y.daddy is working on a ics port that's wild.
The problem that I have with wifi must be in my phone.
His cm7 is very good build.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

banshee56

Mar 27, 2011
Has anyone noticed Titanium Backup locking up after a few seconds on screens other than the initial interface? This seems to be happening only on the CyanogenMod ROMs (and CronosX). I am still able to get to all my apps as they are installed on my ext3 partition via apps2sd and show up after updating new ROMs, but I need Titanium Backup to get the data back.

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011
Has anyone noticed Titanium Backup locking up after a few seconds on screens other than the initial interface? This seems to be happening only on the CyanogenMod ROMs (and CronosX). I am still able to get to all my apps as they are installed on my ext3 partition via apps2sd and show up after updating new ROMs, but I need Titanium Backup to get the data back.

yea i actually had that happen a couple days ago

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati

I've seen this too. I generally find it will be more apt to run after a fresh reboot & I also think that using the multi-tasking setting in the supercharger script seems to help too.

HTH

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
No man - no problem (C) I. Stalin
No option in camcorder - no problem (C) me =)
I disabled that option until we find a way to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.