Modding Battery for your BA

Search This thread

hnyuk49

Mar 16, 2008
Hanoi
Due to its big display, battery of BA often drains very fast so we need powerful supply. A guy from PDAviet has come up with a new solution. He uses two Nokia BL 5C standard battery to make better, longer & more powerful batt than the original one.

All credit go to trongkhoi_designcorp (PDAViet)

Detail Tutorials can be found here:
Code:
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpdaviet.net%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D45908&sl=vi&tl=en

You need two good BL-5C Nokia Battery and some simple tools to do this. Hope you guys can manage it thru these illustrations below. Here we go

* Step 1: Unhousing

vtc0152lh5.jpg

* Step 2:
vtc0150copypf6.jpg

vtc0155kg7.jpg

vtc0156tg7.jpg

* Product:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6376/vtc0157ku6.jpg

Give it a try and see. It's very easy. This new modded batt much better than original BA one. Sorry for my English.

myrol

May 3, 2008
Warszowice
myrol.blog.pl
Great !!!

That means I have a chance to "repair" my battery for low price ;)

Thank You Very Much!!

If anyone made it , please write here how it works ( how much time BA is working on this modded battery)

Thx ;)

homam_france

Oct 23, 2006
paris
good idea

hi,good idea but there is 4 poles in BA,and nokia hav 3 poles,how did u connect the 2 batteries?i think parallel,but the poles,and + & -,how did u know?give us good map to connect it exactly,thnx

hnyuk49

Mar 16, 2008
Hanoi
plz refer to the link (google translated) for more details. After unhousing the BA batt (using a knife to remove the batt label), you will see the 2 separated connectors (-) and (+) in the small circuit -which tells the phone when the batt is fully charged.

on the BL-5C, there are 3 poles, but you only need to care about the (+) one, which you can find printed on the shell. the (-) is the metal core of the batt.

just open the BA batt and you can find it easy (with the help of the pictures above) :D

homam_france

Oct 23, 2006
paris
thnx

but there is a simple question,we need for this circuit? or we dont use it?
and the current will icrease twice,i think,thnx

hnyuk49

Mar 16, 2008
Hanoi
You dont need to remove the small circuit like in the pic above, just keep it and use two original connectors of the batt if you like. have a look:

photo02082234tp6.jpg

The original BA batt also contains two small batt (like two BL-5C) but with smaller capacity to make a total of 1490mAh.

photo02082237ko2.jpg

You can replace these two original batts with other two 1020mAh BL-5C to make a total power of 2040mAh. Remember that the total capacity of the two new batts shouldn't exceed 2000mAh as the chager can stand a maximum of 2000mAh.

Last edited:

homam_france

Oct 23, 2006
paris
so nice

nice work,thnx for this good idea,i will try it,it is will increase the time of the battery work time,thnx again.

hnyuk49

Mar 16, 2008
Hanoi
we need to keep the curcuit as it will tell the fone the remain power of the batt and when it is fully charged. if you are noobie, just keep the original connectors. or you use a soldering tool to solder the wire directly to the circut (like the illutrastions)

marko_serb

Apr 13, 2007
You dont need to remove the small circuit like in the pic above, just keep it and use two original connectors of the batt if you like. have a look:

The original BA batt also contains two small batt (like two BL-5C) but with smaller capacity to make a total of 1490mAh.

You can replace these two original batts with other two 1020mAh BL-5C to make a total power of 2040mAh. Remember that the total capacity of the two new batts shouldn't exceed 2000mAh as the chager can stand a maximum of 2000mAh.

2020mAh is the battery capacity (see - it says mA-hour) and 2000mA is maximum charging current (for the charger, it is about 300mA when you charge it on USB). So if you put bigger battery - it will take longer to be fully charged. I'm planing to put 4 cells for a long time, but I'll have to make a bigger plastic back for the battery.

p.s. while removing allu-battery cover, you will certainly break some little plastic holders so it will look a little messy, but when you put it on the phone it looks as new :)

cgone

Nov 28, 2007
Jakarta
GREAT!!!

I have a double-size battery housing for BA. I will fill it with 4 Nokia batteries!!
Thanks!

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
No problem, I have a 2000mAh charger :D It's usually fully charge the standard BA battery within 20-30 minutes

Neat! Let us know how that works out. I have an extended battery as well (about 2.5 years old) and I believe that it is beginning to loose some steam, so I would consider doing that if it truly works...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice work

Nice work kabayan!!!

Hope to see the progress sooner so I can try it on my BA. Keep it up!!!:cool:

PS: I like your boot image. Can I ask for it. Awesome!!!!
    Yes Nice work!!!

I think this is what you are looking for egzthunder1
    :D
    :D
    picture.php

S%#T i forgot to make the BA black and white! =p