[Q] Been reading for 2 days!

Search This thread

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Ok...I am ready for the abuse. I just don't want to screw this up. I have downloaded numerous files in anticipation of this all making sense. I know it is something so simple to do but I am just not getting it. Here is the deal. I am on Jellybomb which we all know is MJ4. I want to move to KitKat. I am thinking Freeza's Deodexed Stockisk rom. I know once I am there it should be fairly straight forward to flash Josh's KitKatKiller when it becomes available.

I am just hoping somebody can provide clear instructions on exactly how to do this. Thank you for any assistance provided.

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
Did u figure this out yet? I'm in the same boat and haven't quite made the full transition from HTC as far as knowledge goes.

What I'm thinking is just flash to NAB in odin then the twrp recovery... Maybe the other way around... Still waiting on a more transparent set of instructions.

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Did u figure this out yet? I'm in the same boat and haven't quite made the full transition from HTC as far as knowledge goes.

What I'm thinking is just flash to NAB in odin then the twrp recovery... Maybe the other way around... Still waiting on a more transparent set of instructions.

I was way over thinking it. You just have to Odin stock Mj4 then Odin stock NAB then follow the directions in the following post and you will be golden. I would do a factory reset after mj4 Odin.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50505723

Here is stock mj4:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47983560

Here is stock Nab:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50495690

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

Last edited:

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
I was way over thinking it. You just have to Odin stock Mj4 then Odin stock NAB then follow the directions in the following post and you will be golden. I would do a factory reset after mj4 Odin.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50505723

Here is stock mj4:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47983560

Here is stock Nab:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50495690

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

Why not just go from og MJ4 to NAB? Why go to stock? A bootloader is still defined by what it is even if its modified a bit, idk, guess it doesn't hurt anything not too right? lol :cyclops:

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Why not just go from og MJ4 to NAB? Why go to stock? A bootloader is still defined by what it is even if its modified a bit, idk, guess it doesn't hurt anything not too right? lol :cyclops:

Honestly, I don't know. I just know Micmars said to, so I did :)

It only takes a little longer to do and everything flowed nicely from there!

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
Honestly, I don't know. I just know Micmars said to, so I did :)

It only takes a little longer to do and everything flowed nicely from there!

Alright, so revert to stock MJ4 in odin, then NAB, then kitkat rom, then cf-root, TWRP, === Profit? When do you install the stock kitkat? So many posts refer to specific scenarios so it's getting me more confused here. It's early for me yet.

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Alright, so revert to stock MJ4 in odin, then NAB, then kitkat rom, then cf-root, TWRP, === Profit? When do you install the stock kitkat? So many posts refer to specific scenarios so it's getting me more confused here. It's early for me yet.

No, NAB is the stock KitKat rom.

1) Odin MJ4
2) After all done booting up (I would suggest) Booting into stock recovery and doing a factory reset. You get into stock recovery by holding volume up, the home button and the power button.
3) Odin NAB
4) Follow the directions in this post exactly. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50505723
5) Once you are all done doing that, you will be on Stock rooted KitKat. From there you can flash any new roms the same way that you did on Jellybean.

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
Ahh, okay. I thought NAB was bootloader only. Will give it a shot here in a few minutes. Gotta work up the caffeine bravery and hide my cat so he doesn't spontaneously combust.

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Ahh, okay. I thought NAB was bootloader only. Will give it a shot here in a few minutes. Gotta work up the caffeine bravery and hide my cat so he doesn't spontaneously combust.

It looks confusing because on step 2 it says Download Engineering Bootloader N900PVPUCNAB. That file is the bootloader for NAB. The rom is the other file that I attached "Nab_Home".

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
It looks confusing because on step 2 it says Download Engineering Bootloader N900PVPUCNAB. That file is the bootloader for NAB. The rom is the other file that I attached "Nab_Home".

It's okay, I've guessed through worse many times, lol. So, MJ4 and NAB are the only one's installed through "bootloader" section in odin right? The others done in PDA? If not then where?

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
No, you flash Engineering Bootloader N900PVPUCNAB Through bootloader and the rest through PDA.

Well, I installed MJ4 stock through bootloader and just get "System UI has stopped". I'm just gonna factory reset now and then do NAB, That right? Or should I attempt to install MJ4 again through PDA? It boots, I'm just worried about the system-ui thing. I know all that will be reflashed, but just for the sake of feeling good about it. lol.

Last edited:

cmdauria

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa
Well, I installed MJ4 stock through bootloader and just get "System UI has stopped". I'm just gonna factory reset now and then do NAB, That right? Or should I attempt to install MJ4 again through PDA? It boots, I'm just worried about the system-ui thing. I know all that will be reflashed, but just for the sake of feeling good about it. lol.

The same happened to me...It is not a problem. Just factory reset and continue on the stock NAB.

Reactions: Anthonicia

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
The same happened to me...It is not a problem. Just factory reset and continue on the stock NAB.

If you would've responded like 2 minutes earlier, haha. I'm 95% sure it won't hurt anything by re-installing MJ4 over MJ4, even if it is a waste of time. Will be onto NAB after MJ4 installs and I wipe it again...

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
If you would've responded like 2 minutes earlier, haha. I'm 95% sure it won't hurt anything by re-installing MJ4 over MJ4, even if it is a waste of time. Will be onto NAB after MJ4 installs and I wipe it again...

If you installed nab you can't just install mj4 in odin .... The bootloader will fail leaving you with unusable phone .... Go into stock recovery wipe cache factory reset. .. And odin the nab tar from freeza

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts