[Q] 4.4.2 Update - Can't turn on Wifi

Search This thread

Kuniva

Feb 24, 2014
Hello,

I apologize if there is a post about this but I did not see one when looking.

So as of the OTA update to 4.4.2, I am no longer able to turn on my wifi at all. When I try to toggle it, I receive a notification from Knox that it has blocked it. I had tried to root my phone prior and Supersu was unable to install because it couldn't get past knox before. (this was prior to the OTA update to 4.4.2). Now that I am updated, my phone barely functions without freezing, and I can't turn on the wifi. I'm not very experienced with rooting Android phones so please forgive me, but how can I restore my phone to an older firmware or how can I root/fix it in its current state. I have tried Saferoot with no luck and Supersu is still unable to disable Knox. Any assistance / advice is greatly appreciated!

Info:

Sprint SPH-L720

Software Version L720VPUEMK2
Hardware Version L720.08
Android Version 4.4.2
Build number KOT49H.L720PUFNAE
Security Software Version MDF v1.0 Release 2

Darnell0216

Jan 13, 2010
East Orange
twitter.com
Hello,

So as of the OTA update to 4.4.2, I am no longer able to turn on my wifi at all. When I try to toggle it, I receive a notification from Knox that it has blocked it. I had tried to root my phone prior and Supersu was unable to install because it couldn't get past knox before. (this was prior to the OTA update to 4.4.2). Now that I am updated, my phone barely functions without freezing, and I can't turn on the wifi. I'm not very experienced with rooting Android phones so please forgive me, but how can I restore my phone to an older firmware or how can I root/fix it in its current state. I have tried Saferoot with no luck and Supersu is still unable to disable Knox. Any assistance / advice is greatly appreciated!

Info:

Sprint SPH-L720

Hardware Version L720.08
Android Version 4.4.2
Your update failed to completely go through. Versions and builds should end in the same suffix (NAE), You can try to manually install NAE a second time to see if the update completes. If that fails, I know there is a thread to help with that issue further.

Reactions: Kuniva

13jkilgo

Feb 16, 2014
Hello,

Info:

Sprint SPH-L720

Hardware Version L720.08
Android Version 4.4.2

in order to fix you have to flash the old update via odin but you need to check and make sure you have the mk2 bootloader and you can check by downloading phone info from the play store

This is where I downloaded the MK2 file
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2601443

This is the directions I followed to do it, I used the MK2 file inplace of the MDC (4.2.2) file though. http://qbking77.com/development/how-...ung-galaxy-s4/

After you do that it may freeze at the sprint logo which then you need to put it into recovery mode and clear cache and factory reset.

after that you can try the upgrade again by going into settings, more, application manager, all, google services framework, clear data and force stop, then go check for update in system update and it should redownload the update and lat you install it again.

Hoped this helped :)

Kuniva

Feb 24, 2014
in order to fix you have to flash the old update via odin but you need to check and make sure you have the mk2 bootloader and you can check by downloading phone info from the play store

This is the directions I followed to do it, I used the MK2 file inplace of the MDC (4.2.2) file though. http://qbking77.com/development/how-...ung-galaxy-s4/

After you do that it may freeze at the sprint logo which then you need to put it into recovery mode and clear cache and factory reset.

after that you can try the upgrade again by going into settings, more, application manager, all, google services framework, clear data and force stop, then go check for update in system update and it should redownload the update and lat you install it again.

Thank you both for the information! I'm going to work on this today.

Kuniva

Feb 24, 2014

This might be a really dumb question, but how do I get to your links, all I can see is the ... that seems to be breaking them, am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Info:

Sprint SPH-L720

Hardware Version L720.08
    Android Version 4.4.2

Hello,

Info:

Sprint SPH-L720

Hardware Version L720.08
    Android Version 4.4.2
    Your update failed to completely go through. Versions and builds should end in the same suffix (NAE), You can try to manually install NAE a second time to see if the update completes. If that fails, I know there is a thread to help with that issue further.